Nol won't be a damsel in distress anymore!

Odango

FANKS.

giphy.gif

OMG a POWER RANGERS REFERENCE!!!!!

• Like 2

Lycansbane (NF CHaracter)

1st | 1st redo | 2nd | 3rd

"Pain is for the living. Only the dead don't feel it." ~ Jim Butcher

"They live lives that don't matter, that touch no one and change nothing. For better or worse, you and I stared evil in the eye and didn't flinch. We raised our swords and went to war, and even if we didn't win we kicked some ass along the way. We made a difference, and that's all any man can ask." ~ Simon Green

Ahem, people.... OF COURSE I LIKE THE POWER RANGERS, PLIZZZ! I was always playing yellow when I was a kid (in the school yard I mean... aaah, good old times).  not so much the throwing of bunnies though... :tongue:

power+rangers+trini+gif.gif

• Like 2

Dancing Sylph - Level 9 Monk/Druid

Former Captain of the Nerdians of the Fitalaxy

Current Challenge

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" - We came forth, and once more saw the stars, Dante

I say you had a great week 2 the one drink notwithstanding.  And I can see how that video can serve as good motivation  :playful:   Good luck with this week!

Thanks Jaex!!!

Watch out when Nol has a ladder! About the alcohol, hey, slips happen, live and learn. I had a similar experience this weekend, just kept reminding myself to pay attention to how it made me feel and remember. Especially the morning after when I woke up with a headache, so not worth it. :tongue:

Yep, it's ok. It really wasn't that much either so I didn't have any bad effects. Let's stay strong until the end of this challenge :)

Considering that I don't like pop music, jpop makes me incredibly happy :tongue:  I'm torn between wanting to see you learn that choreography and wanting you to succeed, oh the drama!  xD

One drink is definitely not the end of the world, you're doing awesomely.  Plus you know you made a mistake, and you seem steeled not to make it again, that's definitely progress!

Same here exactly with J-pop ^_^  you'll have to bear with the suspense for now :P

Thanks calla!

Welcome to the fold! Glad to see such awesome goals and how well you're kicking butt!

Thank you Jerem! I'm really happy to be part of the breakthrough group, each week's mini is great!

NOL NOL SHE'S OUR (WO)MAN!  IF SHE CAN'T DO IT, NO ONE CAN!!

Pacha! Pacha! He is the best buddy there is!! Thank youuuuuuuu, you always help so much!!!

From what I've heard of Scottish drinking culture, I'd say 1 pint of cider is less than nothing to worry about. And you've strengthened your resolve based on it. Way to go!

There's quite a stretch between a pint and this :D

86103ccc.jpg.505x650_q85.jpg

Haha! This card! Thanks Mera, I do feel that alcohol better not cross my path again ;)

Yay! You're doing so awesome! Don't let one minor indulgence set you back.

Sailor-yay.gif

(Also, Sailor Moon gif)

Thank you dear!!! I love this gif! I remember this episode, it's in the first season! I've got the best cheerleaders :D

One cider is okay. I mean, you could have really nailed it into the coffin, but you didn't. It's hard when we feel like we failed based on our own decisions, but it's okay. Just don't dwell on it, it's done, you regret it, move on. You could have made worse decisions, ya know?

giphy.gif

(I had to track that one down).

OMG! This gif! I laughed so much!! Thank you She :)

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" - We came forth, and once more saw the stars, Dante

Apparently I can't leave my thread for more than 24 hours without having it turned into a Power Rangers memorial, so here I am, yellow power report!

tumblr_m89ki0TgWn1r602cvo4_500.gif

So far I've done my yoga x10 every morning, trying to ease in the 14 repetitions I planned for next week.

I missed the Hung Gar Kung Fu class yesterday because I didn't realise I had to book it xD all is well though because it is all set for Friday now.

I also just tried White Crane Kung Fu tonight, so I'll have my Kung Fu trials all done by the end of the week! And White Crane was great! It was haaaaard, the Taekwondo class is a joke in comparison to what my muscles have had to endure tonight.

I had to stand in horse position and repeat the same arm movement about 200 times, I felt like this:

webpage-2-edited.jpg

it was awesome!

There was lots of stretching and killer body weight exercises, nice kicking exercise too. It was more an adult crowd than the TKD class and all extremely nice people! (It actually felt a little like a sect at first because everyone came to me saying, "Hi, I'm blahblah, nice to meet you." with a huuuuuuge smile. Freaky! I got over it.) It's also only a 25 minute walk from my flat. Overall, this class gets an 8/10.

Tomorrow I'll try to get my BBWW in, it's going to be a tough one, my legs and my shoulders are already protesting.

I'm also going to my first Ceilidh. This Wednesday will be the death of my legs... no way I'd miss Ceilidh night though ^_^

+ Ate proteins twice today, and just ordered a bag of egg white protein powder. Going to be disgusting, but it's ze best for my little muscles.

And when I feel like crap. I read this.

you-cant-just-give-up-is-that-what-a-din

• Like 3

Current Challenge

I had to stand in horse position and repeat the same arm movement about 200 times, I felt like this:

it was awesome!

There was lots of stretching and killer body weight exercises, nice kicking exercise too. It was more an adult crowd than the TKD class and all extremely nice people! (It actually felt a little like a sect at first because everyone came to me saying, "Hi, I'm blahblah, nice to meet you." with a huuuuuuge smile. Freaky! I got over it.) It's also only a 25 minute walk from my flat. Overall, this class gets an 8/10.

That sounds exactly how my first (several) classes of Northern Shaolin went.  Here are five stances, do them 20 times.  Here are arm circles.  Do them 20-50-100 times.  Here is a basic punch.  Do 20.  Here is a block and punch.  Do 20.  Luckily the truly killer bodyweight circuits and stretching didn't start until I'd been there a month.

Glad you liked it! 

• Like 1

Level 5 Shapeshifter Monk

STR 10.75   :   DEX 7.5  :   STA 8.5   :   CON 5   :   WIS 7.5   :   CHA 7

Challenge: I am an Avenger

Past: 1st, Draugr, Super-hero, Rocky

A soon-to-be married Kung Fu enthusiast  

YOO! POWER RANGERS ALL THE TIME! Ah! I used to play pink ranger (because my sister was yellow. Dang it)

Ah! I love, love your challenge. (WHY WASNT I TOLD ABOUT YOUR AWESOMENESS?!)

I am actually sitting her feeling so jelly because of your karate prowess~ LOVE YOUR AWESOMENESS! (I've said that already, wow)

This message was brought to you by "my five fingers and co."backed up by, "the jolt of electrical signals from my brain speeding through a network of nerves and ganglia".

• Like 1

Class and Profession: Rangers
Background: 25 year old Nerdling. Here to kick some health......butt?? I need to work on that.

Current Challenge: Hani Gets Back On The Health Choo-Choo

That sounds exactly how my first (several) classes of Northern Shaolin went.  Here are five stances, do them 20 times.  Here are arm circles.  Do them 20-50-100 times.  Here is a basic punch.  Do 20.  Here is a block and punch.  Do 20.  Luckily the truly killer bodyweight circuits and stretching didn't start until I'd been there a month.

Glad you liked it! 

Haha! I'm totally in for that. The instructor explained that through repetition you release the unnecessary tensions and use the minimum muscle strength possible. Is that also what you were told? The teacher seems like a cool guy, I like people who explain what they're making you do.

YOO! POWER RANGERS ALL THE TIME! Ah! I used to play pink ranger (because my sister was yellow. Dang it)

Ah! I love, love your challenge. (WHY WASNT I TOLD ABOUT YOUR AWESOMENESS?!)

I am actually sitting her feeling so jelly because of your karate prowess~ LOVE YOUR AWESOMENESS! (I've said that already, wow)

This message was brought to you by "my five fingers and co."backed up by, "the jolt of electrical signals from my brain speeding through a network of nerves and ganglia".

Hansjay, hiiii! :) I've seen you posting around a lot actually, I don't know why I haven't checked your thread before either!

Thank you so much! I'm following such awesome people in this forum, maybe their awesomeness is rubbing off on me! I usually feel veery average ^_^ Martial Arts are definitely helping for that!

Poor you having to be pink! Must have been nice though to play together, I never played power rangers with my brother, too much age difference (he was a bioman fan, the real Japanese thing ^_^).

512663224_1517518.gif

You're doing great. Power Rangers Happy Dance! 

Thanks! love the happy dance ;)

Current Challenge

Ah! I think I know bio man. Good OL' times, right? Ugh! Power rangers now just suck (the show is like it's just about red ranger and the others are just for show)

Ah! You're not average at all, my dear! The fact that you're working hard for yourself is extraordinary in its own right.

Always believe in yourself and your talents!

You can do anything!

I absitively love Martial arts and I've always wanted to do them! Too bad my parents didn't allow me. :c

Class and Profession: Rangers
Background: 25 year old Nerdling. Here to kick some health......butt?? I need to work on that.

Current Challenge: Hani Gets Back On The Health Choo-Choo

Quick update: I finally used my calipers!

Measured in mid-afternoon, about 3 hours after last meal.

The calipers together with this website: https://www.linear-software.com/body-fat-calculator.html tell me my body fat percentage is of about 24.5%. With apparently 12kg of fat in my body xD I could live without some of this!

I thought it would be lower because I don't weigh much, I must really have no muscles xD

giphy.gif

so, WOW! A lot of work ahead of me to reach 18%! I guess this challenge is warm up and muscle building, and next time I'll have to get serious about my carb intake!

tumblr_lq0g1xeqE01qm9m9l.gif

If you're interested, I bought the Accu-measure calipers on amazon. I find them rather well made and easy to use, I measured every part 3 times and got a maximum 2mm amplitude between each. I still need to do the measurements again because the triceps and shoulder blade are hard to do alone, I also wasn't very sure about where and how to hold the thigh skin.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Awww I'm sorry your reading wasn't what you hoped it would be. Don't give up! You're such an inspiration. Just keep doing your awesome kung fu and you'll be at 18% in no time :D

tumblr_mrko3qSJR01sfqkano4_400.gif

• Like 1

CoderGatherer

Fire Genasi - Level 5

STR 9 | WIS 6 | CON 8 | CHA 3 | DEX 6 | INT 6

Current Challenge

Chapter 1 - Chapter 2 - Chapter 3 -Chapter 4 - Chapter 5 - Chapter 6

Proud Tricerasister

Battle Log

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face." - Eleanor Roosevelt

After thinking about it for a while, I realised that 1. I was comparing myself to pictures of women with different BF online, but none of them were pear shaped like me. I thought I'd be around 21% but apparently there's quite a bit of fat retained from my my hips to my ankles ^_^

2. I've been feeling a little fluffy and full of water - not to mention super slow! - the past week and I found the culprit as my menstruation just started. Damn PMS! xD

I'll have to measure again once they're over to have a more accurate result, and probably every other week after that.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Never giving uuuuuup!

giphy.gif

I am counting this week as an emergency case and will do only one body weight workout on Sunday. The warm up at the Kung Fu class on Tuesday consisted of plank, push-ups, lunges, lots of squats and jumping jacks. I suspect it will be the same at the school I try tomorrow, so I don't want to be counter-productive by training the same muscles two days in a row.

Keeping up with the yoga and eating lots of proteins! Tonight is salmon fried in soy sauce with red lentils, carrots & cumin, mmmmm :D

Ceilidh was awesome by the way! It's exhausting to jump in circles and swirl around non-stop, I got both my arms and legs a great workout! I was sweating like hell and got myself a couple of blisters for wearing the wrong shoes ^_^ I'll definitely try to take part in more ceilidh, folk dances are so much fun!

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Sounds like a very tasty dinner tonight.

• Like 1

Lycansbane (NF CHaracter)

1st | 1st redo | 2nd | 3rd

"Pain is for the living. Only the dead don't feel it." ~ Jim Butcher

"They live lives that don't matter, that touch no one and change nothing. For better or worse, you and I stared evil in the eye and didn't flinch. We raised our swords and went to war, and even if we didn't win we kicked some ass along the way. We made a difference, and that's all any man can ask." ~ Simon Green

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines