Nol won't be a damsel in distress anymore!

Odango

Haha! I'm totally in for that. The instructor explained that through repetition you release the unnecessary tensions and use the minimum muscle strength possible. Is that also what you were told? The teacher seems like a cool guy, I like people who explain what they're making you do.

I was told to master something you must do it 10,000 times.  Then he winked and let me know that I don't need 10,000 reps to get to my first sash test.  Also, it builds muscles

And smart decision to lay off exercising while trying out the schools.  Don't want to over-train and hurt something

• Like 1

Level 5 Shapeshifter Monk

STR 10.75   :   DEX 7.5  :   STA 8.5   :   CON 5   :   WIS 7.5   :   CHA 7

Challenge: I am an Avenger

Past: 1st, Draugr, Super-hero, Rocky

A soon-to-be married Kung Fu enthusiast  

Well, it seems week 3 will be emergency week for other reasons. I might have caught a cold xD if so, I'll be resting the hell out of Saturday and, inspired by SheHulk's crazy willpower, doing my BBWW as planned on Sunday... but I might also beat up the bacteria/virus overnight and feel just fine tomorrow, fingers crossed!

I also missed my Kung Fu class (but what is Nol doing?!) I took part in a psychological experiment that 1. started off about 15 minutes late, 2. lasted for about 40 minutes more than expected (it seems I was a little too conscientious about filling everything in properly xD) but I did make £6 and I'm unemployed so hey, good enough for me!

Luckily I can reschedule my trial class any time and I did get almost 1 hour brisk walk in, couldn't be bothered to wait for the bus home, so still very happy about today and my week so far.

Feeling happy tonight and in great part thanks to you all and your amazing quests, you really inspire me!

• Like 2

Dancing Sylph - Level 9 Monk/Druid

Former Captain of the Nerdians of the Fitalaxy

Current Challenge

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" - We came forth, and once more saw the stars, Dante

Get to feeling better soon.

Lycansbane (NF CHaracter)

1st | 1st redo | 2nd | 3rd

"Pain is for the living. Only the dead don't feel it." ~ Jim Butcher

"They live lives that don't matter, that touch no one and change nothing. For better or worse, you and I stared evil in the eye and didn't flinch. We raised our swords and went to war, and even if we didn't win we kicked some ass along the way. We made a difference, and that's all any man can ask." ~ Simon Green

OH NO! I'm sending some extra power your way. I'm taking it easy this weekend also. I mayyy have taken an arrow to the knee.... or an overextension because of too many powerful squats. =P Nothing a bit of ice and compression won't fix!

Go slow and remember to breathe deep during your BBWW. Strong breathing helps with de-congesting and the like. 

Is it thyme for that tea yet?  :friendly_wink:

Going to use your own image on you, now!

r9XBRl.jpg

• Like 1

Current Challenge: She-Hulk Strengthens the Stronghold.

[Level: 6 | STR 8.18 | DEX 6.31 STA 9.47 | CON 11.08 WIS 10.5 | CHA 6.9 ]

AMG, NOL! Your will-power's over the mooooooooooon! (Gedit?! AHAHAHAHAHAHAJ.....uhm)

Anywhales, hope you get healthy and fighting fit soon so that you can start kicking ass all over again!

So, what're you studying, by the way?

Class and Profession: Rangers
Background: 25 year old Nerdling. Here to kick some health......butt?? I need to work on that.

Current Challenge: Hani Gets Back On The Health Choo-Choo

Get to feeling better soon.

Thank you :) already do.

OH NO! I'm sending some extra power your way. I'm taking it easy this weekend also. I mayyy have taken an arrow to the knee.... or an overextension because of too many powerful squats. =P Nothing a bit of ice and compression won't fix!

Go slow and remember to breathe deep during your BBWW. Strong breathing helps with de-congesting and the like. 

Is it thyme for that tea yet?  :friendly_wink:

When the throat starts to ache, it is always thyme for tea! hehe! Thanks for the advice :) I think it really was just a tiny virus/bacteria, I feel a little weak and sore but that's it - the 12 hour night might have helped ^_^ - so I'm confident it'll be gone by the end of the week-end.

AMG, NOL! Your will-power's over the mooooooooooon! (Gedit?! AHAHAHAHAHAHAJ.....uhm)

Anywhales, hope you get healthy and fighting fit soon so that you can start kicking ass all over again!

So, what're you studying, by the way?

Thank you, you're always so full of energy, it's amazing :D I'm starting a bachelor in English language and literature, I already have a master in environmental policies but I've wanted to study English for sooo long (it's hands down my favourite language on Earth)! It's distance learning though, I'm also looking for a job because, well, I'm 25 now and I already had my chance and studied for 6 years, so I need to work and pay for myself now, haha xD (thank god university's cheap in France). What do you do? (you're so young! :P)

Current Challenge

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" - We came forth, and once more saw the stars, Dante

Thank you :) already do.

When the throat starts to ache, it is always thyme for tea! hehe! Thanks for the advice :) I think it really was just a tiny virus/bacteria, I feel a little weak and sore but that's it - the 12 hour night might have helped ^_^ - so I'm confident it'll be gone by the end of the week-end.

Thank you, you're always so full of energy, it's amazing :D I'm starting a bachelor in English language and literature, I already have a master in environmental policies but I've wanted to study English for sooo long (it's hands down my favourite language on Earth)! It's distance learning though, I'm also looking for a job because, well, I'm 25 now and I already had my chance and studied for 6 years, so I need to work and pay for myself now, haha xD (thank god university's cheap in France). What do you do? (you're so young! :P)

Well! English is a crazy language! I have love-hate relationship with it~ :L

(umm! I am in my 3rd year of BDS; going to be a dental surgeon. WOOP! But! I have always loved English as well~ no doubt. Also, Karate. Did. I. Mention. Karate? Aahhhhhhh~

Background: 25 year old Nerdling. Here to kick some health......butt?? I need to work on that.

Week 3, Day 7.

Today was a good day. Apart from a little weakness and still wearing two huge jumpers, I feel A LOT better!

I mustered up the courage to do the BBWW and I completed it 3 times, I even did the plank for 20 seconds because 15 has become too easy! Yay!!

Push-ups are NOT getting easier though, the last 3 are just hell. I really enjoy shouting while doing them though xD

I also ate paleo and SO MUCH protein, made the same chicken and sweet potato curry for dinner because, well, it's just so freakin' tasty!

So good day overall! Now off to play some King of Dragon Pass to make it an awesome day.

tumblr_nc0adccLqU1tqob8bo7_250.gif

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Awesome job Nol! Sounds like you are turning in to a modern cavewoman. How are you liking paleo?

dy2rayzhxlzhckim4fhs.gif

• Like 1

CoderGatherer

Fire Genasi - Level 5

STR 9 | WIS 6 | CON 8 | CHA 3 | DEX 6 | INT 6

Current Challenge

Chapter 1 - Chapter 2 - Chapter 3 -Chapter 4 - Chapter 5 - Chapter 6

Proud Tricerasister

Battle Log

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Thanks girls!!

I am liking paleo a lot, I absolutely don't believe it was the way our ancestors ate (all the foods we eat today have been genetically modified anyway...) but I find the general idea of eating no processed food (except the almond milk, oops!) and loads of lean proteins and veggies, healthy fats, etc. just great! I think it's an awesome diet that's very gentle on the digestive track - perfect for me - and I'm thinking I should have one paleo meal per day + one full paleo day for my next challenge. That's how much I like it, hehe!

giphy.gif

Current Challenge

Yay! I agree with you on that. Our ancestors totes ate tubers and had very little meat. I too love the emphasis on replacing processed foods with veggies & quality proteins. I'm so glad to hear that you're liking it. 

You are doing such a great job! Eating healthy while getting over a cold is no easy feat. Keep up the great work!

Another groot!
giphy.gif

• Like 2

CoderGatherer

Fire Genasi - Level 5

STR 9 | WIS 6 | CON 8 | CHA 3 | DEX 6 | INT 6

Current Challenge

Chapter 1 - Chapter 2 - Chapter 3 -Chapter 4 - Chapter 5 - Chapter 6

Proud Tricerasister

Battle Log

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Yay! I agree with you on that. Our ancestors totes ate tubers and had very little meat. I too love the emphasis on replacing processed foods with veggies & quality proteins. I'm so glad to hear that you're liking it. 

You are doing such a great job! Eating healthy while getting over a cold is no easy feat. Keep up the great work!

Thank you :) I am very strict with my diet when I'm sick especially on the first two days. I tend to catch every virus that passes by and it used to take me ages to get better even for minor infections, I'd be sick for 3-4 weeks non-stop, so I got used to eating boiled veggies, chicken bone stock and drinking thyme and ginger tea for days. Now my immune system is a lot better though, I've defeated most of my last infections in a couple of days, such a relief! :D

Awesome job on week 3 and happy level up day!

Thank you starsapart!! Oh, how I love both your NF name and picture! That killer red lipstick with the 50's glasses are just perfect ;)

marilynmonroe-glasses11.jpg

Current Challenge

Yea. Glad that diet is helping beat the bugs!!

Sent through a magic box.

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

IT'S LEVEL UP DAY - WEEK 3 REPORT

Yessss! Made it to week 4 and got to level up, feel so proud!

Here is the data for week 3.

#1 Beginner bodyweight workout 3x/week

1x/week on emergency weeks : pass! I completed the BBWW on Sunday and technically had two this week with the Kung Fu class warm up. Will probably keep doing only one because I don't intend on stopping with the Kung Fu classes!

dancin.gif

#2 Five Tibetans yoga exercises every morning

7 repetions until October 5th : pass! I did my yoga religiously, with 10 repetitions on Monday and Tuesday but it got too hard after that (Kung Fu class was on Tuesday night) so I decreased to 7 repetitions again.

I am not ready to increase to 14 times as planned, I will edit that goal in the challenge because the Five Tibetans rites have to come progressively and without pain or exhaustion, it's all about slowly increasing the core strength. Speaking about core, I could see a clear improvement this week and I will now do 20 second planks for the BBWW, yay!! :D

#3 Eat cleaner

1. One day full paleo per week : pass! I feel super confident about this goal now, control!!! :)

2. No alcohol allowed : pass! Stayed strong and kept the alcohol intake to zero! Funnily enough I also had NO coffee at all this week.

#4 Additional goal => eat quality proteins at least twice a day, 6 days a week: + 0,5 CON completed this the whole week except Monday.

Overall : I stayed strong this week and I feel that I deserve to level up, it's awesome :D With PMS being mostly gone now, I also feel a lot better, week 4 can start off super strong!

• Like 3

Current Challenge

Thank you starsapart!! Oh, how I love both your NF name and picture! That killer red lipstick with the 50's glasses are just perfect ;)

marilynmonroe-glasses11.jpg

LOL!  Oh man, comparing me to such an icon, I am not worthy!!!!!!  You're too nice. :love_heart:

Psssssssssssssssst you can go ahead and assign stat points, too~  You have 10 to spend!

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

MID CHALLENGE SUMMARY

1. Goal allocation:

Q1: BBWW 2x/week = 2 STR & 1 STA

Q2: 5 Tibetan yoga rites every morning = 1 STR & 1 DEX

Q3: Eat paleo 1 day/week = 1 CON

No alcohol = 2 CON

Eat proteins 2x/day = 2 CON

2. Mid Challenge Summary:

Q1: Did at least 2 BBWW each week = A (100%)

Q2: Did yoga every morning = A (100%)

Q3: Ate paleo 1x/week = A (100%)

2 weeks alcohol free = C (66%)

Ate proteins twice a day = A (100%)

3. Challenge allocation:

Q1: A (66%) = 1 STR & 0.5 STA

Q2: A (100%) = 1 STR & 1 DEX

Q3: A (100%) = 1 CON

C (66%) = 1 CON

A (100%) = 2 CON

Current Challenge

LOL!  Oh man, comparing me to such an icon, I am not worthy!!!!!!  You're too nice. :love_heart:

Psssssssssssssssst you can go ahead and assign stat points, too~  You have 10 to spend!

I just chose the image that pops into my mind every time I see your profile pic :)

Just allocated my points, it seems like a lot compared to how I feel (3 STR and I still feel so weak xD) but I'm giving all I have to my workouts so I guess I should give myself points for pushing my limits!

Thanks for taking the time to come by, you and Lullaby88 are the assassins' encouragement fairies!

• Like 2

Current Challenge

SO MASSIVELY PROUD OF YOU, ME' FWEND! You have crushed your goals so badly that they've actually become afraid of you! Oh my.

Hope you do even better next challenge! Continue inspiring all of us, ya hear? :L

This message was convincingly brought to you by, "my imaginative brain" and my "nimble but bulbous fingers".

• Like 1

I just chose the image that pops into my mind every time I see your profile pic :)

Just allocated my points, it seems like a lot compared to how I feel (3 STR and I still feel so weak xD) but I'm giving all I have to my workouts so I guess I should give myself points for pushing my limits!

Thanks for taking the time to come by, you and Lullaby88 are the assassins' encouragement fairies!

5.gif

I felt much the same last challenge when my STR score got so inflated but... remember, you're comparing you to the old you, and you're way stronger now!!!!!!!

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines