AnnieP gets back to basics

So, I'm late. :( But I am ready to get back into it. I'm stuck doing this on my phone, so apologies, but this is going to be brief.

Mission One: Bodyweight Exercises 2x's a week

Squats: 2 Sets Bodyweight squats (25 each) and 1 set pistol box squats (starting at 3 each).

Planks: At least 2 sets (starting at 45 seconds each).

Pushups: I'm aiming for 20 for the day -- I can get about 3-4 in a row. I will do these at least twice a week, three times if I can.

Inverted Rows: 3 sets (aiming for 5 each set).

Mission 2: Cardio

Walking, mostly. Unless the weather turns nasty, then I will do something else. I am aiming for 4 times a week, minimum.

Mission 3: Sugar Free

I don't mean artificial sweeteners here, lol. Most of those make me sick, anyway. I still have problems avoiding added sugar, so I am carrying this mission over from last challenge. So, no candy, or donuts, or ice cream (even free ice cream). The Sugar Demon must be defeated!

Personal Goal: I'm focusing on my finances this time around. Jakkals was doing the 31 Days to Fix Your Finances program last challenge, and I would like to do the same for this challenge.

I have a trip back east to see my family coming up on October 7. With the exception of my father, none of my family has seen me since last April when I weighed 218 pounds. I want to be down to 168 pounds before then (for a total of 50 pounds). I am currently hovering between 174 and 176. .

Also, I am going to work on not being absent as much this challenge. I'm still struggling with motivation, though I'm hoping that by posting here, I can stay somewhat on track.

Okay, let's have a great challenge everyone! :D

Sent using Tapatalk Owl Post.

• Like 3

AnnieP (respawned)

Starting over Newbie (second time's the charm)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

Current Challenge: Finding Her Joy Again;  Previous Challenge: Here We Go Again

4zR6rfZ6djKW4.gif

Don't worry we'll be here to crack the whip for you if you slow down.

So, I'm late. :( But I am ready to get back into it. I'm stuck doing this on my phone, so apologies, but this is going to be brief.
Mission One: Bodyweight Exercises 2x's a week
Squats: 2 Sets Bodyweight squats (25 each) and 1 set pistol box squats (starting at 3 each).
Planks: At least 2 sets (starting at 45 seconds each).
Pushups: I'm aiming for 20 for the day -- I can get about 3-4 in a row. I will do these at least twice a week, three times if I can.
Inverted Rows: 3 sets (aiming for 5 each set).
Mission 2: Cardio
Walking, mostly. Unless the weather turns nasty, then I will do something else. I am aiming for 4 times a week, minimum.
Mission 3: Sugar Free
I don't mean artificial sweeteners here, lol. Most of those make me sick, anyway. I still have problems avoiding added sugar, so I am carrying this mission over from last challenge. So, no candy, or donuts, or ice cream (even free ice cream). The Sugar Demon must be defeated!
Personal Goal: I'm focusing on my finances this time around. Jakkals was doing the 31 Days to Fix Your Finances program last challenge, and I would like to do the same for this challenge.
I have a trip back east to see my family coming up on October 7. With the exception of my father, none of my family has seen me since last April when I weighed 218 pounds. I want to be down to 168 pounds before then (for a total of 50 pounds). I am currently hovering between 174 and 176. .
Also, I am going to work on not being absent as much this challenge. I'm still struggling with motivation, though I'm hoping that by posting here, I can stay somewhat on track.
Okay, let's have a great challenge everyone! :D

You keep pushing the boundaries for me. Pistol squats? If I tried those I think I would snap my leg off. Something to shoot for in the future. And I was excited when I got up to 30 second planks and your starting off at 45 seconds. Your raising the bar and I love it.

Also glad to see your able to get back to your push-ups. Keep up the great work.

• Like 1

Viking Adventurer

Battle Log: Bearlee is ...

It's good to see you back Annie. I've spent the last week completely stalking your profile looking for any activity. And back to basics is always the best approach I find, it lets you get the fundamentals right, and good fundamentals is the foundation upon which you can build awesomeness.

• Like 1

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

http://giphy.com/gifs/4zR6rfZ6djKW4

Don't worry we'll be here to crack the whip for you if you slow down.

You keep pushing the boundaries for me. Pistol squats? If I tried those I think I would snap my leg off. Something to shoot for in the future. And I was excited when I got up to 30 second planks and your starting off at 45 seconds. Your raising the bar and I love it.

Also glad to see your able to get back to your push-ups. Keep up the great work.

Eek, I'd better get moving then! :D And, to be fair, they're pistol box squats, which is down to a chair and back up. I'm still quite wobbly when I do them -- especially on my right leg -- and I often sit down completely in the chair which is bad form, but I can't help it. Once I am able to do them properly (controlled and in good form), then I'll find a lower "box" and work on those for awhile. And so on until I can do a "real" pistol squat -- but I'm a ways off from that. :D

• Like 1

AnnieP (respawned)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

Any sort of pistol squat is badass in my book. Good to see you back!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Hey! Good challenge set up. And now I know you are going to be here more if you're NOT I will nudge you a little.

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Eek, I'd better get moving then! :D And, to be fair, they're pistol box squats, which is down to a chair and back up. I'm still quite wobbly when I do them -- especially on my right leg -- and I often sit down completely in the chair which is bad form, but I can't help it. Once I am able to do them properly (controlled and in good form), then I'll find a lower "box" and work on those for awhile. And so on until I can do a "real" pistol squat -- but I'm a ways off from that. :D

I have found a problem with this forum, where is the dislike button? I'm only doing pistol box squats. Only? It's like watching Superman in Smallville and watching him say "I'm super fast, super strong, and impervious to bullets, but I haven't learned to fly". Your doing more than I would guess 90% of Americans. They have trouble just getting out of their chairs and your like "Watch me get out of this chair with just one leg". You should be proud of yourself. I know I am. Keep kicking some ass.

• Like 1

Viking Adventurer

Okay, time to get caught up.

Thursday:

Exercise: Went for a walk before work, about 25 minutes. Not much else in terms of exercise, but at least it was something.

Sugar: No. Even resisted a cookie offered to me by a coworker. :D

31 days: Nothing yet. :/

Friday:

Exercise: Went for a long walk after a doctor's appointment (my device is working fine, btw. I'm cleared completely for strenuous exercise.)

Also, did the squats and planks from my new exercise routine -- and then I was DONE. Managed 20 squats /set and 3 very wobbly pistol squats / leg. 45 seconds was fine for the planks, though, so I may up that to 3 sets.

Today, I still have the push ups and inverted rows to do. I'll let you know how that goes later. :D

Sugar: no.

31 days: Not yet. :/

• Like 3

AnnieP (respawned)

@Bearlee: Thanks, I needed that. :)

AnnieP (respawned)

I just couldn't life yesterday, at least in the morning. Everything seemed to want to go wrong.

I got up leisurely at seven, since my roommate drives me to work on Saturdays, and I don't have to scramble for the bus. I work mid-shift, 10-6:30 (18:30), and thought I had plenty of time... 'Til I remembered that I was supposed to be there two hours early yesterday.

I jumped out of bed (ow, ow, ow), and discovered that the DOMS from my squats on Friday were going to make it hard to walk. :/ Oh well, that'll get better with time the more I exercise, right?

So I go to the kitchen to throw a lunch together (forgot to do it the night before) and I think that I should do my inverted rows now. The kitchen table is the only place I have found to do them, and if I don't do them in the morning, I know from experience that they just won't get done.

So I clambered under the table and... nearly pulled it down on top of me. Twice. Hmmm. Now it's getting late, my roommate is looking at me really strangely, and I still have to get dressed and get out the door for work. Eek!

Made it there seven minutes late -- was doing the boss a favor, so I didn't get the talking-to I expected. But I was facing a ten hour day, on truck day, and walking was... just not happening very quickly. You should have seen me go down the stairs outside my house to get to the car. :D

Stretches. I MUST remember to do some stretches after I work out next time.

I did some pushups during my free time at work, which wasn't much. I managed six all day. I did find a suitable shelf at work in the stockroom to attempt a pull up. Um, yeah. I think I pulled myself up an inch, if I was lucky. But I did manage a dead hang for a count of ten, three separate times. Not sure if that really made up for my inverted rows -- my cheap little table is apparently not up for the task. Any ideas about what to do for a "pull" exercise now that I have been banned from using the kitchen table for inverted rows?

Anyway, here is the summary for yesterday:

Exercise: 6 pushups. Dead hang x 3 for 10 seconds. Not much else.

Sugar: no.

31 days: Day 1 complete. Yay! :)

This post managed to escape being eaten by Tapatalk.

• Like 4

AnnieP (respawned)

Wait hold on. You totally won life! You made it to work early on a sat with a packed lunch and you STILL did push-ups.

I'm high fiving you from over here. Pls don't leave me hanging.

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Okay, karinajean. Here you go: colbert_keeps_a_high_five_handy_now_with

• Like 1

AnnieP (respawned)

I see that day as a win. Modifying your workout to meet changes in your routine. Doing push-ups at work. Hanging for ten seconds and pulling yourself up even an inch, huge victory. You may see them that way, but what I see is a change in mentality. You seem to always be thinking about what you can do and how to do it. Isn't that the trademark of an assassin? Plus you keep pushing yourself. How many people do you see going around trying to do pull-ups on the spur of the moment? You may not think your doing great but your so far ahead of the curve it's not even funny. Give yourself some credit and keep pushing on.

• Like 1

Viking Adventurer

Okay, Week One summary:

It was a short week because I came in late. That being said, I think it went fairly well. I hit a rough patch on Saturday, but things happen and I found out (once again) how awesome and encouraging everyone is here on NF. :D

You guys rock!!

Anyway, Sunday was a rest day, so here are my Week 1 stats:

Exercise: Walking x 2 days.

Strength x 1.5 days

Sugar = No :D

31 Days x 1 day

Ready to start my first full week of the challenge. This week is going to be great! (I'm on my phone, otherwise I'd find a nice SpongeBob gif to put here)

:D

This post managed to escape being eaten by Tapatalk.

• Like 5

AnnieP (respawned)

Yay for Week One!

I'm doing the 31 Days to Fix Your Finances this challenge, too. Really liking it so far. (At day 4.)

Are you seeing any leaves turning yet?

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Week Two!!!

tumblr_lcpni0rXSy1qa7jbi.gif

No sugar so far. Yay!! As for everything else... mmmm, well, tomorrow is another day, right? :nevreness: I know, I know. I'll get on it tomorrow morning. I need to get onto day two of the 31 days as well. I'll try to do that tonight, so I can get back on track. :onthego:

• Like 4

AnnieP (respawned)

Yay! Take down that Sugar Demon!

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Today was mostly okay, though I did end up eating sugar in the form of milk chocolate covered "honeycomb". My roommate offered me a piece and I couldn't (alright, didn't) say no. It was very good and I am almost not sorry.

Other than that, today was fairly uneventful. Only managed a small portion of my body weight routine, but I still have time to catch up, so I'm not too worried about it. The scale this morning shows that it has barely budged. I am not ready to actually start counting my calories again, so I may have to deal with the consequence of not losing as much as I'd like. I'm (mostly) okay with that as long as I don't gain any weight.

Wednesday summary:

Exercise: Went for a 30 minute walk this morning. Also managed 3 more ten second dead hangs on my favorite stockroom shelf.

Sugar: Yes. :(

31 days: In progress. Working on day 2 -- goals.

Going to have a good rest of my week. See you tomorrow! :)

• Like 1

AnnieP (respawned)

Sounds like your off to a good week two. Several posts ago you asked for suggestions about pull-ups. Since you found a shelf you like to do hangs from, have you thought about doing negative pull-ups (think that is the name) where you jump up to a pull-up and hold for a few seconds and then let yourself down slowly. Or you could try resistance bands. That is what I have been using to start my trip down the road to a pull-up. If you have time you may want to read Batwoman's thread in the assassins guild (be warned you may lose all your free time, much awesome going on in there).

• Like 1

Viking Adventurer

Today was mostly okay, though I did end up eating sugar in the form of milk chocolate covered "honeycomb". My roommate offered me a piece and I couldn't (alright, didn't) say no. It was very good and I am almost not soory.

I've never had that. It sounds tasty.

• Like 1

You haven't seen my Final Form

There is only one god, its name is death; and there is only one thing we say to death: "Not today"

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines