AnnieP gets back to basics

Eek, I've been so busy that I never saw this until just now. Work is kicking my butt right now -- I'm working the evening shift, right now 'til 10:30 (22:30) still waking up at 6:30 am out of habit. I'm packing my lunches, so I can at least eat healthy food, and not the junk my stressed out brain is encouraging me to eat.

I had forgotten how much more physically demanding the manager position is. We used to call ourselves "overpaid stockboys (girls)" and that's exactly what it feels like. The morning after my first management shift, I had DOMS in my legs just from moving boxes of bagged candy around. I had to think about how each bag is 1-2 pounds, and the boxes were mostly full. Apparently, I can do weighted squats (with the boxes), lol.

I think it'll take me a little bit to adjust, and then I can find better ways to fit in more exercise. Fitting some in now, not to worry -- yes, KarinaJean, more pushups -- unfortunately not in time for the minichallenge. :/ I'm not going for regular "walks" anymore, per se, but I have to take a different bus on this new schedule and I am having to walk a mile from the transfer center, instead of just a block from my previous bus route. I'm counting it, anyway. :)

At the end of this week, I'm going to see if I can find the time to work, eat, sleep, exercise, post on NF... And do NaNoWriMo. We'll see. I think I can do it (I may be delusional, ahem).

This post managed to escape being eaten by Tapatalk.

• Like 5

AnnieP (respawned)

Starting over Newbie (second time's the charm)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

Current Challenge: Finding Her Joy Again;  Previous Challenge: Here We Go Again

Two week break :huh:? Hopefully that will give you time to figure out your plan for the next challenge. And what the heck do you do for NaNoWriMo? I know it stand for National Novel Writing Month, does that mean your going to write a novel in a month? That would be amazing seeing how it takes me a few months to read a novel. Hope everything is working out with the new position at work. Did you ever get over the DOMS lifting all that candy? Well it should be easy now that Halloween is over now, right? :tongue:

• Like 1

Viking Adventurer

Battle Log: Bearlee is ...

hey! hope you are having a good weekend and you're adjusting to your new hours.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Weighted squats for the win - it's great when work is a workout! Not a fun schedule, though.

It's sure getting cold in Flagstaff. We were up there yesterday for a few hours (spent twice as long driving as we did finishing the mowing and loading up the tractor!) and it was windy, raining and hailing. Weird to go back south and it was in the eighties. Gotta love living in Arizona! :)

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

I'm here, just... a little behind. :( I started NaNoWrimo 8 days late as well. I need to get back to my exercise routine.

So, yes, I've definitely made a deal with the dark side... Haven't been frozen in carbonite yet, though, so there is definitely hope for me. :) But my "temporary" position change is looking more and more permanent all the time. We'll see next week when the general manager comes back from leave.

Anyway, I am going to sign up for this challenge, I promise. Sorry I am late to the party. :/

This post managed to escape being eaten by Tapatalk.

• Like 2

AnnieP (respawned)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

• Like 1

AnnieP (respawned)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines