Hello Level 1 Rebels!!

A small intro:

I'll be honest I think I gave a small intro about myself a few years ago and for some unknown reason didn't do the follow up, maybe it was a lack of commitment or some not so smart goals.

Here I am though with some new and more achievable goals, and an upcomming year of school stress that will need to be directed in a postive and productive direction!!

I'm 25 years old and working on my 3rd college diploma. After a few years in the business industry, I was losing my mind sitting at a desk everyday feeling like I should be contributing more to society or in someway making more of a difference than just doing mundane data entry in an office with no windows. I'm now in my 2nd year of an Environmental Technician program and it's pretty awesome!

MAIN QUEST: Since I can no longer consider my self a freshman, I need to start avoiding the freshman 5 - 20!!! Each school year I vow to keep up the gym habits and avoid the cafeteria lunch habits. So with your help this will be the year that I start breaking the bad habits and making better healthier ones! Since this Main Quest will carry me to the end of April, I'm also throwing in a second quest of the ever so mystical pull up, I hope to achieve this second quest while working towards my Main Quest. :)

Specific Mission 1: 3 days, a week stretch for 10 minutes in the morning.

I'm choosing this goal because as a student I spend a lot of time sitting a desk, hunched over text books and binders, when I wak up in the mornings I'm stiff, tired and unmotivated. I love the feeling of stretching! So what better way to start the long days in class than with something that feels great and gets me moving.

A+= more than 30minutes of morning stretching over 3 or more mornings.

A = 3 days a week, 10 minutes per session (30minutes over 3 mornings)

B = 20 minutes a week 

C = anything less than 20 minutes but more than 10minutes

Specific Mission 2: Maximum 2 mugs of caffine per day!! Some lectures are hard to get through but liters of tea and coffee are NOT the answer, I will always love my first cup of tea in the morning (plus its usually some type of green tea), sometimes a cup of coffee or tea late in the afternoon or early evening is necessary. The idea here will be to drink more water and eat healthy snacks instead of running to the cafeteria for that extra shot of caffine.

A = less than or equal to 2/day

B = 2/day + 1 or 2 extra a week

C = 2/day + 3 or 4 extra a week

Specific Mission 3: Maintain 3 workouts a week. I'm doing this already but I know that as we get further into the school year my motivation will be on a steady downhill slope and skipping exercise will be easier justified when the studying AND the snow begin to pile up. Even if it's only 30 minutes it always makes me feel better than if I skip them.

A= 3+ workouts 3+hours/week

B= 2 - 3 workouts 1.5 - 2.5 hours/week

C = 1 - 2 workouts 0.5 - 1 hour/week

So there it all is, breaking some bad habits, building new healthy ones, and giving up on freshman excuses.

Good luck to the rest of you newbs and level 1's, I look forward to seeing where this takes all of us and look forward to working together with many of you to level up our lives.

You're really brave for having dropped your career and pursued something else. I commend you for that.

You might notice that i've added an Adventurers' tag to your thread.  This isn't to pigeonhole you into particular guild, but rather to bring one of their ambassadors here to offer you encouragement, support or advice.  Your goals this challenge fit well with the overall spirit of their guild and you are more than welcome to pop into their Tavern and introduce yourself to them.  You are also more than welcome to pop me a message anytime. 

Good Luck

AB xx

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Took my measurements this morning.....after an hour of p90 yoga so stretching and work out are accomplished for today!

Hips 34"

Calves 13.5"

Thighs 23"

Chest 34.5"

Bicep 11"

Body Fat 19.6% (according to my nifty scale and healthcentral.com, they surprisingly came up with the same #)

Sounds like an awesome challenge! As a fellow student, I really recognize the stuff about freshman 5-20 and the caffeine... I'm also trying to break bad habits and create better ones! I'll follow your thread to cheer you on :)

• Like 1

Level 3 Hobbit Adventurer

Challenges: 1 2 Current

Accountability group: The Cutlasses      

STR 4 | STA 5 | DEX 2 | CON 4 | WIS 9 | CHA 5 

Well, for week one I started a little late but I still think it deserves an A- . (Figured I'll give my self weekly gradings to make tracking easier)

Fitting in the workouts and stretching was fairly easy. School is just starting so the homework that we do have hasn't gotten toooo intense yet. Even cutting back on the caffeine hasn't been too bad (as I sit here with my large mug of tea), except on Sunday ... more specifically hangover Sunday which involved not just a cup of coffee but a pot of coffee. Definitely worth it though to get out with all my school friends and "tie one on" before things start to get crazy!

This week has been a little slower of a start, I'm behind on the workouts, will do my third a.m. stretch after I finish this post, and I have been sticking with 1 cup of caffeine almost everyday :) . The challenge will be this weekend, as I travel to Calgary with my boyfriend and some friends for one of my best friends wedding! TOO EXCITED! .... the difficult part...... hang over Sunday..... annd squeezing in that last workout. Hmm, does power shopping count as a work out?? I'm sure the few of us girls can convince the boys to let us have some serious sidewalk time. 

Hope you're all staying true to your goals!

Cheers.

hey girl! welcome to the rebellion!!

I have a PVP for people trying to limit/cut out foodz! you should come join us!!

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

SOOOO...... I'm slacking already! What's the deal?! ... I know it's my own lack of motivation and a mild pitty party that stemmed from procrastinating my school work.

I have still been tracking my days though and the things that I do accomplish. Surprisingly, cutting back on caffeine has been the easiest, sticking to one mug of tea in the morning gets me through the day no problem and then on weekends I'll use my french press for a cup of coffee in the afternoon. Even though this has been an easy goal for me to maintain, I know that if I hadn't set the goal and written it down in the first place, I'd have tea of coffee in my hand all day instead of water!

Stretching: I don't always get around to stretching first thing in the a.m. as I am addicted to my SNOOZE button! (Making a mental note for the next challenge to avoid the snooze button). But if I have time in the evenings or even when I need a brain break from my books I'll get in a few stress relieving yoga poses to loosen up my back and neck.

Workouts! I'm super horrible for taking too much time off in between work outs and then slacking hard using the excuse that my muscles have regressed too much so  I need to do an easier work out than necessary or since I worked out one day, I can take like 10 days off, which helped no one ever! I need to stop making excuses for myself, and push myself just a little harder in this goal. I mean I have 3 - 4 days a week with no classes, I really have no excuse to not meet my 3, 1/2 hr sessions a week.

Needless to say, we all set realistic goals for a reason, and we all know that sometimes we may fall a little short, but writing those goals down and actually starting to work towards them is what's key. (Mental note #2, be more positive and look for better ways for self motivation, in general, all of the time)

(Relating to my post above, I actually got a lot of walking in and took advantage of the hotel gym, and my hangovers were so bad that even one cup of coffee was difficult,.... I'd goals pretty much achieved on that trip!)

My personal rankings for weeks 2, 3 & 4:

Week 2: Stretching: A, Caffeine: A, Workout: A = overall score of A

Week 3: Stretching: C, Caffeine: A, Workout: C = overall score of C+, B- if I'm going to be more positive about it :P

Week 4: Stretching: A, Caffeine: A, Workout: C+/B- = overall score of B

Can't believe my first challenge is already over half over.

Cheers to success! :)

hey girl... rule of the rebellion and all... no pity parties :D

so let's move forward from here :)

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Challenge 1 complete!

Week 5 Stretching = A, Caffeine = A, Workout = A

Week 6 Stretching = A, Caffeine = A, Workout = A

Barely pulled it together to get my last workout in to accomplish an A for the workout session but I managed to get it in at the last minute.

If I had to rank my over all 6 weeks (I don't know maybe I do) I would say;

Caffeine = A (this was a lot easier than I thought, but I know without the challenge there would have been more than just one or two days that I would be over)

Stretching = B, there was only one week that I didn't get 3 sets of stretching in and the goal was to do it in the a.m. which some of them were, the time varied throughout the day when ever I had time, I got it in.

Workouts = C+ / B- There were 2 weeks that I didn't get them in. I might keep this goal for the next challenge, it was not as simple as I thought it would be and midterms are coming up with finals and christmas close behind!! (plus cold season which I happen to be fighting) so workouts 3x a week will definitely have to stick.

Congrats to all you other first time finishers!!

looks like you did fairly decent... what are your plans going forward?

Spoiler

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines