Mdowning comes back from camp

Mdowning

Stupid tablet! I already wrote an update and it didnt post. Time to try again...

Today!

Mobility: done PLUS more stretching

Skills: off

Protocols: kinda, my medic and i discussed a call he ran on during an overtime shift, i learned a lot! Counting it

This brings week 2 totals so far to

Cooking: done PLUS planned next meals including a grocery list

Mobility: 4/7

Skills: 1/5

Protocols: 2/7

• Like 2

Also, I'd like to thank our guild leader Hazard for liking all of my posts at once the five notifications i got back to back were great. Lol

:D  The Like button is my favorite way of letting people know I'm reading along.  Since I tend to do NF challenge reading-sprees to catch up with people once or twice a week, that can mean a Big Ol' Bomb of LikesTM for very active updaters.  :lol:

• Like 2

You haven't seen my Final Form

There is only one god, its name is death; and there is only one thing we say to death: "Not today"

Good job.. Doing better than me...  :)

WXStormer - Level 4 Adventurer - Challenges Completed Successfully:  3

Introduction   Challenge Threads:  1 2 3 Failures: 2, 4, 4  Current:4

My Fitness Log:  http://twitter.com/jeffreyfitness (Walks/Activities are Automatically Logged Here) - My Personal Blog
Fitbit Account | MapMyFitness Link | BattleLog | Accountability Post

Camp Nerd Fitness 2014 Comments:  Part 1: Camp Nerd Fitness Post-Mortem     Part 2: The Road Ahead

Progress Goal:
Weight Loss:  

2%
2%

Quick update since I'm on my phone.

Been SUPER busy lately (currently in the middle of a 42 hour shift) but things are staying ok.

Batch cooking has still been getting done, I even have meals and a grocery list prepped for tomorrow after I get off so I can restock my food supply.

Skills have been lacking (read I'm working ALOT)

Mobility has been done, I think I missed 1 day this week, I'd have to go back and look to be certain. But thanks to batch cooking and this great community I've kept relatively on track. Far better than id do without. Until next time!

Oh, also I've been dealing with family health issues. My grandma had a heart attack Sunday, had a stent placed Monday, then a stroke today (Wednesday). But once again thanks to members of this community I've stayed encouraged and motivated to stay on track and not stress eat my way to bigger pants. I love you all. Thank you!

I'm sorry about Grandma too! I hope she is feeling better today and improves quickly.

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

So, its been almost a week since my last update...

Long story short, its not going well. Life caught up with me and kicked my ass. My mobility is going ok due to it being part of my warm up, skills are non existent, as is the studying. The only thing I have kept up with is the batch cooking. Its become my norm already so that's a win, i guess. This past weekend though, i lost all momentum, ate poorly, skipped workouts, and just was lazy in general. I think all the overtime I've been working + the stress with my grandma just knocked me out. I'm slowly acclimating to the extra work (I'm 15 hours into a 48 right now) and grandma has improved and is in a rehab facility to get her strength back. I'll come back from this, I'm determined. Just gotta rebuild that momentum

I think overall you've been doing pretty good, considering how busy and stressfull it is. Maybe you needed the rest more than workouts. And bonus that even in busy times you now have the norm of batch cooking and mobility

Wisdom- 13.5 Dexterity- 10 Charisma- 11 Strength- 12 Constitution-10 

Elastigirl Just Living Life - January 3 to February 6 New Year Challenge! - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"The chief goal of living is not to merely stay alive" Mike Rowe

The first step towards regaining momentum is the desire for it.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I'm really out of it guys. Im working 70-96 hour weeks. Doing my best to keep my head above water and make time for workouts and keep my diet clean. It's getting really hard and I'm having trouble keeping my motivation to do it it would be SO MUCH EASIER to just throw in the towel and revert to old habits. I love working out, and eating healthy food isn't a chore, but keeping it constant and consistent is so difficult. Needing any motivation I can get

Wow, that's an insane amount of work. How long do you have that schedule? Honestly, I'm just not sure you body will have the energy to work out with that schedule. Maybe just walking, light gymnastics and mobility drills is your best option.  

Elastigirl Just Living Life - January 3 to February 6 New Year Challenge! - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

That is rough. I think you just do what you can and don't stress yourself without worrying out what you can't do. If you keep pushing your body it will more than likely slam on the brakes hard and make you stop, and that's no good. 

I agree with EG, you can only push so far until your body gives out on you. Try to moderate yourself, my friend.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines