Cyclone's adventures in remodeling

Battlelog time to get back on track after two weeks of being really sick.  Here are my measurements one month apart as a before and after being sick:

8/22                         9/20

Neck                                                          14.1250                   14.25                         

Chest                                                         37.7917                   36.8958

Waist (smallest part above belly)              31.5                          31.2292

Belly (across button)                                 32.9583                    32.5417  

Hips (across hip bones bellow button)      33.8750                    32.8750

Bicep R/L                                                  12.75/12.5625           12.4375/12.3

Forearm R/L                                              11.0625/10.8750      11.0208/10.7292

Wrist R/L                                                    7/6.8125                   6.8750/68.125

Glute                                                          36.4375                    35.9167

Upper Thigh R/L                                        21.3750/21.3125      21.1667/21.1047

Mid Thigh R/L                                            20.25/20.6875          20.1458/20.1667

Lower Thigh R/L (just above knee cap)     15.1875/15.3750      14.7917/14.9583

Calf R/L                                                      14/13.75                   13.9167/13.6875 

Ankle R/L                                                    8.875/8.625              8.7917/8.4375

Cheated Waist                                            30.25                        30

Cheated Belly                                             31.9375                    31.3750

I tell people I am 6' tall, but in reality I am a hair under that.  I dropped from 168.8 lbs on August 22nd to 162.9 on September 20th.  As a reference in the fall of 2012 I was 205 and last year before Thanksgiving I weighed in at 155 lbs.  My belly measurement at the 22nd of August was the same as it was when I hit 155 lbs.

During the past few weeks I was doing a modified PLP just to try to maintain something while being sick.  I am going to continue with that while I ramp back up.  I am going to roughly be doing the startingbodyweight beginner routine while I work some strength back and will branch out from there.

9/22/2014

Warm Up

Pull-ups 5,5,5

Skater squats 5/5,5/5,5/5 5 lb weight counterbalance, knee to ground only, no foot touch

Headstand push-ups, wide hands:  4,4,2

Horizontal pulls 5,5,5 feet on top rung of my ladder

One Arm assist push-ups 5/5,5/5,5/5

Hanging knee raises 8/8/8

I did this in 3 circuits.  I left reps in the tank on each one.  My lungs are still coughing up crap and I was out of breath.  I wanted to take it easy coming back.

Modified (S)PLP finish

For this I do ass-to-ankles squats, chin-ups, bulgarian split squats (long step), and dips.  My number for the day was 36.  My first day back I took it easy and counted my 15 pull-ups as part of it so I did 21 additional reps in three sets of seven in a circuit.

9/23/2014

PLP day

Squats, chin-ups, split squats (short step), diamond push-ups.  37 done 1,2,3,4,5,6,1,5,4,3,2,1 in a circuit of all four exercises.  Done slow and methodical, no swing, high pull, top form.

So above is the remodeling on myself, next is the remodeling of my house.  Neither of those will ever be complete.

9/21/2014

Removed my water softener as it has never worked and I need space to put up my new pex manifold for my bathroom remodel. The water softener was blocking part of the doorway and sitting right where I want to put up a wall to build a closet around my mechanicals.  Just once I would like a project to go easy and as planned.  When I get the manifold in place my ground to the water main will be broken so first I ran a new ground wire from my newly installed breaker panel to the opposite side of the water meter...not enough wire so I ran it close and left the existing jumper in place.  Once I tear out the basement ceiling I will re-route this new wire and it will be able to go directly water meter.  I also need to bury a copper rod in my yard and ground to that since one isn't currently present (house was built in 1962).  I noticed that there was no jumper around the water softener and it sure didn't look like there was anyway that it was jumped internally.  I don't think my system was actually grounded to the meter.  I wish I would have checked with my meter before I tore out the pipes.

It is dark in that utility room so I put up a light that I took out from the hallway upstairs.  Of course I found a wire splice not in a box so I had to fix that and there wasn't enough wire to make the new box so I had to run a new wire to the different switches/boxes it fed.

Finally ready to pull pipes.  I got it all put back together, sweated the new pipes using the old pipes cut to the correct length, turned the water back on and...the shut-off valve leaked!  So off to Ace for a new valve after shutting off the valve on the meter.  I said screw it and bought a SharkBite valve since I was out of flux.  After cutting off the old valve I realized that my pipes I rigged up before were now too short with the new valve, back to Ace to buy 5' of copper pipe.  I also bought a SharkBite Elbow and straight attachment.  I'm officially done with sweating pipe, never again!

Anyway, that little two hour project ended up taking the whole afternoon and I didn't get around to building my wall.  But at least the first step on my bathroom remodel is complete.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
--Douglas Adams

A small bounce back on today's weight that I didn't post above.  This morning I weighed in at 164.9.

9/24/2014

Warm Up

Pull-ups 6,6,6

Skater squats 6/6,6/6,6/6 5 lb weight counterbalance, knee to ground only, no foot touch

Hanging bent knee raises 8/8/8

Headstand push-ups, wide hands:  4,4,3

Horizontal pulls 6,6,6 feet on top rung of my ladder

One Arm assist push-ups 6/6,6/6,6/6

3 circuits again, lots of rest, my lungs still ache, and I am out of breath easily.

Modified (S)PLP finish (squats, chin-ups, split squats, dips)

7,7,6 to finish additional reps to make 38.  Long grind on number 6 in the last set of chins, but finished with a high pull.

I've been working out in my running shoes lately which is causing me to shift my weight forward too much on the skater squats.  I am going back to bare feet to force the push through my heel more.  I might bump up my counter balance weight a couple of pounds to really work towards perfect form.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
--Douglas Adams