A Mistborn Draws Near. Command?

Mistborn

Okay, so Mistborn has nothing to do with the video game that inspired the thread's title, but who says we can't intermix our nerdiness? The name is the easy one to figure out, since it is the series name for the books by Brandon Sanderson. They are really, really good and I recommend them to anyone seeking a great fantasy trilogy to read. The title, of course, is inspired by one of the oldest and greatest RPG series: Dragon Warrior. Those were the good old days of 8-Bit RPG glory!

I turned 30 this summer and am tired of being overweight. I've been able to get stretches of time where I could lose some weight and inches, but it always comes back because I always get lax in my discipline. I have good discipline in other areas of my life, but for some reason can never seem to manage my fitness or my eating. Especially not the eating. It doesn't help that I work at a desk and people bring in goodies almost every. single. stinking. week. Ugh, no wonder I haven't seen or felt the results I've been working hard at.

I've been running 2-3 times a week since May. I have my first half-marathon coming up on October 19th, and while I am excited about accomplishing that goal, I know that I will feel better, look better, and have an easier time with running if I lose some of this excess baggage my body is clinging to.

Any pointers or words of wisdom from runners will keep me going. I have my 14-mile long run on the 5th before tapering down, and I need a motivation booster!

Main Quest: Complete my first half-marathon and maintain the running momentum afterwards.

Goal 1: Complete the remaining scheduled runs as follows:

30 Minute Runs on 9/25, 9/30, 10/2, 10/7, 10/9, 10/14, and 10/16

3 Mile Runs on 9/27 and 10/11

14 Mile Long Run on 10/19

Goal 2: Create a running plan for the end of October, November, and December. Have the October runs be shorter runs to recover and resume long runs in November, focusing on increasing running speed now that endurance/distance has been improved.

Goal 3: Eat/drink more natural foods. Turn to meats, vegetables, fruits, and nuts/seeds for the primary source of daily fuel and water for fluids.

Life Quest: Read the Bible daily with my wife & pray together daily. While improving my physical wellness this is the perfect time to find improvements in my spiritual life, too.

Motivation: I'm tired of not living up to my maximum potential. Small changes done daily can reap great results.

Mistborn - Level 1 Human

Class - Undecided

Current Challenge

STR: 1.5 / DEX: 1 / STA: 2 / CON: 0.9 / WIS: 2.6 / CHR: 0.6

Okay so its been 24 hours and I thought I should do an update. I just got in from my 30 minute run, which went okay as far as runs go. But I feel good for doing the run, regardless of its ease or difficulty. Eating better has been almost a hit, although I did suffer a weak moment. But it has been one instead of many!

I have done the first two mini-challenges from the Level 1 rebels thread, thus securing some bonus stats when I get to gain levels.

Also I did my initial weigh-in at work: 230 pounds. Let's hope that begins to decline.

Mistborn - Level 1 Human

Class - Undecided

Current Challenge

Hey there!

Great goals and welcome to NF good to have you onboard! Good luck this challenge!

I am KingLeeroy an Adventurer Ambassador so if you have any questions don't hesitate to drop me a line on my challenge page or in a PM if you have any questions about anything! Here is my current challenge and some wee tips for using the forum on this tutorial.

Good luck with your challenge and see you around!

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

Okay, so here is the latest after the weekend:

Eating has been an overall success, although not a 100%. I can already tell that my body is getting used to healthier foods, which is awesome. I feel great, and look to continue to reduce any slip ups that I might have with my eating.

I ran 4 miles on Sunday, which was hot but went well. I'm looking forward to my 14 mile run this coming weekend.

I got out a few times to walk with my wife, which is helping her to get back on her old walking routine.

And, as of this morning, we're both doing 3 sets of 10 pushups to build up a little strength again. Baby steps.

And, best of all, we are yet to miss a night of reading the Bible together. :)

Mistborn - Level 1 Human

Class - Undecided

Current Challenge

Yesterday was another day of success. The eating went without a hitch, I ran on the treadmill when I got home, watching an episode of Classic Doctor Who. Also went on a mile walk with my wife, read two more chapters of Matthew with her before bed, and had a much easier time with the 3 sets of 10 pushups this morning.

All told, things are looking up today! Now to take a look at the new mini challenge and get started on that!

• Like 1

Mistborn - Level 1 Human

Class - Undecided

Current Challenge

I leveled up! I have about a dozen RPG fanfares blending in my mind at the thought, which is incredibly awesome! Check out the sig for the new stats.

Unfortunately, the last few days haven't been completely kind on two of my goals. I have been keeping up with my running, and last week I completed a mini challenge that let me map out my running plan for the rest of the year. But my eating habits have gotten slack and I've missed a few days of reading the Bible with my wife (although I still did some reading and studying on my own)

But this is the midchallenge slump and I think today's leveling up will provide the motivation I need to kick things back into high gear for the remainder of this challenge session!

• Like 1

Mistborn - Level 1 Human

Class - Undecided

Current Challenge

Good! Stay positive. You have been doing really well so far just remember that motivation right? One of the guides for new Rebels suggests writing down your motivation maybe that and the combination of 'dinging' will give you a boost. Keep up the good work!

ErikaisEpic

Level: 1 | Chubby Wood-Elf

STR:0 | DEX:0 | STA:1 | CON:0 | WIS:0 | CHA:0

Challenge: Level One: Attacking the Flammable Skeletons

Grab ahold of the horns and embrace the courage to press on!

Only two weeks left! And we know that we can always start with new mercy each morning!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines