The Pyrit Ship: Captain's Log

HAHAHAHAHAH @Adrianne I'm going to print that out and put it on my fridge. Pony up!

• Like 1

Sometimes_gypsy

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. " -Samuel Beckett

"I'm trying to get better because I haven't been my best She took a plain black marker, started writing on my chest She drew a line across the middle of my broken heart,And said: "Come on now, let's fix this mess"We could get better Because we're not dead yet"  -Frank Turner, Get Better

Oh my god I just did a new beginner full body weight lifting routine. Gonna feel this!!

i did A lot at weird levels bc I was testing the weight to start at since I have no clue where to start.  I even used my 20 second of courage and got in on the free weights side! That was cool.  

Warm up: 8min rowing machine 1306 m. PR

leg press: 12 @ 50#s, 12 @ 60#s, 20 @ 70#s

leg curls: 15x2 @ 70#s, 10x1 @ 70#s failure

wide grip lat pull down: 30 @ 50#s, 12x2 @70 #s

butterfly: 12 @ 40#, 12 @ 50#, 12 @ 55#

tricep pushdown: 4 @ 30#s (too much!) 12x2 @ 20#s (so hard)

machine bicep curl: 12x2 @ 30#s to failure

shoulder press: 12x2 @ 30#s

Ab crunch machine: 13 @ 65#s, 15x2 @ 65 to failure 

bw squats: 15x3 

Be side (lunge?) squats: 10x3 each side (oh god the burn)

Soundtrack: Halestorm

felt awesome when I got out of there. In a "my legs may or may not work tomorrow" kinda way. Also made me reailze how weak my shoulders, tris, and hammie's are. But I am noticing my mobility and flexibility is getting better when I stretch. Tiny improvements. Soooo tiny....

• Like 2

Sometimes_gypsy

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. " -Samuel Beckett

"I'm trying to get better because I haven't been my best She took a plain black marker, started writing on my chest She drew a line across the middle of my broken heart,And said: "Come on now, let's fix this mess"We could get better Because we're not dead yet"  -Frank Turner, Get Better

11 minutes ago, Sometimes_gypsy said:

I even used my 20 second of courage and got in on the free weights side! That was cool.  

Soundtrack: Halestorm

Tiny improvements. Soooo tiny....

Woot, woot, and woot!!  Great soundtrack, awesome free weights, and small improvements!  Seriously.  The small ones are the best, because they're so easy to overlook and discount, but they really add up.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

New lows 2 days in a row woot! 14lbs to a new century....so close I can taste it.

Down 2lbs since Monday! I've only lost 20 lbs since January, so slow b/c I'd ruin it over weekends Jan-Mar. Then in April I got much better about consistency. I've dropped approx.  9 lbs this month (2.25lbs/week) so basically, when I was just dicking around, it took me 3 months to lose (for good) 10 lbs while yo-yo-ing every damn week and I lost the other half in one month of real effort, consistency, and waaaay fewer cheat meals or days. I basically gave myself Easter weekend to eat and drink what I liked (well, I drank what I liked and then some! The food was only a ways out the keto range, I still didn't binge or eat the portions I used to) So if I can keep up momentum of ~10lbs/month I could lose 120lbs in a year! Realistically that's probably not going to happen b/c its not linear and stalls/plateaus/life. But what a goal to strive for. And if I fell short of 120 lbs and only lost say 80? That's ... still amazeballs. 

Since April 1 I've really cracked down on my carb creep, I've seemed to find a good calorie range of about 1400-1700 depending on activity level I try to adjust, rather than my too low 1200-1300. I'm also surprised I lost 2 this week bc I put in good workouts Monday and Wednesday I thought the water retention in my muscles would off set any losses. But I'm not gonna complain!

So yes. My absolutely insane quarter has ended at work as of tonight. (Hallelujah, praise the Lawd!) I'm getting in a third work out tonight I'm excited about! The real first run of the new lifting routine. I'm seeing and feeling small results. maybe a wander down to Sarasota on Saturday to check things out. I've been too local since moving here. Too stuck in old patterns. Time to really experience my area further afield and enjoy it. And finally another beach day on Sunday b/c it's really nice to be getting a bit of my tan back and the Gulf is warming up enough to swim again. 

• Like 2

Sometimes_gypsy

So in the one on one challenge w/ @Adrianne, I'm down 1.8 lbs in Week 1. It was 3.2 lbs yesterday but my stupid body decided it was better to gain last night. :angry: whatever. I lost a total of 11lbs in April. So that's really good. Officially down 2 inches on my waist and 3 inches on my hips. I *think* about 0.5-1 inch on each thigh, ~0.5 inches on my upper arms ~ 0.5 in on my calves. So overall, good results. April was a good month. 

In other news I sunburnt myself so bad everything hurts and I'm dying. No gym today. Hopefully tomorrow when I can bend my legs and not cry. I have a suspicion the overnight gain was water retention from this unholy sunburn. My legs, chest, face, all lobster red. So loooooads of water today.

Till then its still 20 net carbs a day, Cals between 1600-1800 (ish) and aiming for the gym 3x's a week. May not hit the gym goal this week as I'm in Wisconsin at a weekend board meeting this weekend. Yay cool weather. Boo meetings.

• Like 2

Sometimes_gypsy

Water weight woosh! Between yesterday morning and this morning I lost almost 6 lbs over the day in water weight! As ever, bodies are weird and slightly stoopid. Between my ridiculous all over sunburn and surprise time of the month the water weight was waaaay up. But today the loss also had a small 0.8lb "real" loss so a new low again. I'm loving that I've hit a stride and found momentum. I'm praying I can keep it up this weekend. Not worried I'll be weak and make bad choices but that I won't have options. I may stock up on a few low carb protein bars and beef jerky to keep with me  in case. 

And finally, my new short term motto:

RmWAYnLLcQY_vj0qXiPZNx1CMHejQdKCmBhnZ7nMWVY.jpg?w=393&s=42317ec21e3c3dc0507f355189a6b48e

Until June 24, I am a shark!

• Like 2

Sometimes_gypsy

Down 29.8lbs as of this morning. Soooooo close. when I hit -30 (tomorrow?? this week??)  I'll be halfway to my October goal of -60. 

Sometimes_gypsy

On 5/3/2017 at 7:09 AM, Sometimes_gypsy said:

I'm loving that I've hit a stride and found momentum.

RmWAYnLLcQY_vj0qXiPZNx1CMHejQdKCmBhnZ7nMWVY.jpg?w=393&s=42317ec21e3c3dc0507f355189a6b48e

Fuck yea!!  I'm proud of you!   I know I've said that a lot, but seriously, I am. 

On 5/4/2017 at 7:00 AM, Sometimes_gypsy said:

Down 29.8lbs as of this morning. Soooooo close. when I hit -30 (tomorrow?? this week??)  I'll be halfway to my October goal of -60. 

WOOT WOOT!!  

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Down 30.6 as of this morning! Which is a miracle b/c I had several beers and a few glasses of wine this weekend, handful of chocolate treats. I'm shocked there wasn't water weight puff up with flying too. Tiny loss but its something. 

• Like 2

Sometimes_gypsy

-32.4lbs this morning. 9 lbs away from a major bench mark. Soooo close! So ready!

• Like 1

Sometimes_gypsy

Damn! up over a lb. from sushi last night and probably wine/drinks Wednesday night. Oh well. Just water for now. Back to keeping it LC today. Even through happy hour....o_O Happy almost weekend. 

Update: amending this so I have a record somewhere. On Tuesday March 21 I had a trainer meeting and had my BP taken. Worst in my life, like last time i remember getting BP it was 133/80-90 (ish?) Higher than preferred but ok. In March: 159/90. Stage 1 Hypertension, diagnosed (if it had been a Dr. doing it) High blood pressure. Like, shocked and terrified. A portion of that was stress. I was so nervous that day I was verging on panic attack. But still. 

Today I donated blood and they took BP again. In the ~53 days since I've slowly lost 15 lbs (11 in April alone!) and my BP was 141/90. That's technically still Stage 1 Hypertension but it starts at 140-159 / 90-99. I'm close to dropping down to "Pre-hypertension" 120-139/ 80-89. And then the goal of Normal of course.

It sucks to see I'm still so high that but its also good to know 1. a small amount of progress is being made and 2. I need to keep going. Just b/c weight loss has been soooooo slooooow this time and even though I'm down 30+ lbs total, I still haven't technically dropped a pant size, I need to keep going. Fast as a herd of turtles but keep going. I'm not out of the woods yet and this is serious *&%@. I see my dad struggle with high BP and meds. I don't want to be there 10 years before he was. Keep. Going. 

• Like 2

Sometimes_gypsy

Up a little from badness this weekend. -_- Anyway....

Last night: 

8 min rowing about 1370m

Leg press: 15 @ 80 lbs, 15 @ 95lbs, 15 @ 100(110?) lbs

Leg Curl: 3x12x70lbs

Butterfly: 3x12x40lbs

Lat Pulldown: 3x12x55lbs

Tricep pulldown: 3x12x20

Bicep Curls: 3x15x30lbs (??Maybe 20?lbs)

Ab/Curl: 3x15x65lbs

Squats: 3x15

Stretch

Feels good. Only arms are a touch sore today. Need to up the squats and core work but I ran out of time last night. Never enough hours in the day any more. 

Rest day today so trying to keep the calories lower. See how that goes...

• Like 2

Sometimes_gypsy

Killed it last night. (and by "it" I mean my arms.)

Sets of 3

8 min rowing machine 1400m (ish?)

leg press 15x110lbs

leg curl 15x70

butterfly 15x55

lat pull down 12x70

tricep pull down 12x20

bicep curl 15x30

abs 15x65

BW squats 3x10

Lunge squats 2x10 right and left. 

And now my body seems to be starting a fun new pattern. Lose 10lbs. Stall, yo/yo up and down 2lbs in each direction. Did it last time at -20, seems to be starting again now I'm holding steady at -31.0 (give or take the one or two lbs either direction)  even though my cals and carbs are on point all week. Normally I'd be down about 0.5lbs/day give or take. The flux this week could be due to higher cals/carbs last week when a friend was in town and then I've been hitting the gym hard again this week after off last week. So...who knows. Inches have changed a little but its so small daily I don't really know when or at what pace.

Down 2 solid inches on waist, 4 inches on hips. 1 on thighs, about 1 on biceps, 2+ on bust (bye boobs... :*( )

• Like 2

Sometimes_gypsy

7 hours ago, Sometimes_gypsy said:

Down 2 solid inches on waist, 4 inches on hips. 1 on thighs, about 1 on biceps, 2+ on bust (bye boobs... :*( )

Woot!  Trending in the right direction!  Minus that last, but it's a good trade off.  Keep it up! 

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Ugh after three weeks of crazy, 2 with people and family visiting and my own travel and insane work schedule I am back on the wagon today! May is gonna be a crap month. Down like 4 lbs total for a whole month. But I have big plans for June: consistency, consistency, consistency. 

June goals: keep LC, keep hydrated, work out as I can (3x week goal), keep going. 

Other June goals: work on saving that $, knock out this massive pile of work at the office, enjoy working on my tan (It's free at the beach and pool!)

• Like 1

Sometimes_gypsy

14 minutes ago, Sometimes_gypsy said:

May is gonna be a crap month. Down like 4 lbs total for a whole month.

So you're still down 4 pounds on a crappy month?  Doesn't sound too crappy to me.  Progress is progress.  

Now get out there and kicks June's ass! 

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

So this month has been interesting. I'm down 6lbs since June 1! That's 4 lbs I had lost, then gained in may, then lost again. Plus 2 extra! woo hoo! The first few days were hard, getting away from restaurant sized portions and going back to proper portions and low carbs but now I'm rolling its easing up again. feels good too to be less puffy. I pulled some old clothes out of the closet yesterday and lots of thing fit again which is nice. A few I'm just a few lbs away from being ok with wearing in public. Still have more to go though. But I'm getting there, slowly slowly.

Down another 1/4 inch on my waist, 1/2 on my hips, about 1/2 on thighs and calves. 

Hope to get back to the gym this week but probably wont till Wednesday! I'm so bust at work and then a meeting Tuesday night so...hopefully. 

• Like 2

Sometimes_gypsy

12 hours ago, Sometimes_gypsy said:

So this month has been interesting. I'm down 6lbs since June 1! That's 4 lbs I had lost, then gained in may, then lost again. Plus 2 extra! woo hoo! The first few days were hard, getting away from restaurant sized portions and going back to proper portions and low carbs but now I'm rolling its easing up again. feels good too to be less puffy. I pulled some old clothes out of the closet yesterday and lots of thing fit again which is nice. A few I'm just a few lbs away from being ok with wearing in public. Still have more to go though. But I'm getting there, slowly slowly.

Down another 1/4 inch on my waist, 1/2 on my hips, about 1/2 on thighs and calves. 

Awesome!!  Sounds like you're moving in the right direction! 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

IDK whats up with June but the lbs are just falling off. Hope it lasts a while! Down 9lbs in 7 days. Woo hoo! Soooo close to a major milestone. Might hit it this weekend at this rate! Really feeling it in my clothes, got to wear an outfit from 2015 yesterday so that was awesome. Pants I have on today are much looser, even in the calves (skinny ankle pant) which is surprising bc my calves are always super slow to shrink. 

I'm sort of drifting into IF. I'm skipping breakfasts now (just earl gray tea till noon) then decent lunch and dinner which is usually around 8 or 9pm so that's a 15/9 ratio (assuming 9pm dinner). I should try to scootch that dinner up to 8pm and make it a more solid/standard 16/8. Its hard to do on work out days or yesterday when I was in St. Pete til 8pm and didnt get home till right before 9. Though, last nights dinner was 3 pieces of bacon and a cup of tea so hardly heavy, lol. I follow a lot of keto/LC-ers on Instagram who do day or multi day fasts. I'm considering trying one. Like a 24 hour. Maybe I'll work up to it. Take eating down to 1 meal a day one a week and then aim for one 24 hour fast a week. I'm not a snacker anyway so that's not too hard but 24 hours sounds reeeeeally long. Maybe after the insanity at work dies down after July and I get a breather. It'll def. save on the grocery bill! :P 

• Like 1

Sometimes_gypsy