The Pyrit Ship: Captain's Log

-39.4lbs today...soooooo close.

• Like 2

Sometimes_gypsy

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. " -Samuel Beckett

"I'm trying to get better because I haven't been my best She took a plain black marker, started writing on my chest She drew a line across the middle of my broken heart,And said: "Come on now, let's fix this mess"We could get better Because we're not dead yet"  -Frank Turner, Get Better

-39.8 today...you're killing me smalls!

• Like 2

Sometimes_gypsy

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. " -Samuel Beckett

"I'm trying to get better because I haven't been my best She took a plain black marker, started writing on my chest She drew a line across the middle of my broken heart,And said: "Come on now, let's fix this mess"We could get better Because we're not dead yet"  -Frank Turner, Get Better

1 hour ago, Sometimes_gypsy said:

-39.8 today...you're killing me smalls!

Small progress.........is still progress!  Don't sweat it!  It'll happen.  And long term it's probably better to happen slowly, even if it sucks in the moment. 

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Hit -40.6 this weekend! Woo hoo!!!!! thats 11.6 total this month. I might make it a 15 lbs month this time :) I had major drops earlier and now it seems to be slowing down and fighting me again so we'll see what happens. 

Defo had some beer though this weekend and tried 90 second keto bread which is dangerous and delicious. So back to IF and stopping any new carb creep. 

• Like 1

Sometimes_gypsy

4 hours ago, Sometimes_gypsy said:

Hit -40.6 this weekend! Woo hoo!!!!!

WOOT WOOT!!  Way to go! 

Defo had some beer though this weekend and tried 90 second keto bread which is dangerous and delicious. So back to IF and stopping any new carb creep. 

This is a much bigger achievement than the one above, I think.  Recognizing that something is dangerous and taking steps to counteract it is huge!  Well done Gypsy! 

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

ITs been a slightly hard week but not awful. zero losses but also zero gains. Carb cravings have been bad but I've got them *almost* tamped back down.  I think I have a shot at reducing them this weekend back to where I was...still down 11 lbs in June to date! woot!

• Like 2

Sometimes_gypsy

Last half of June has not been great. 

Bad:

• Went over board with a friend in town last weekend. Beer and 1.5 days of bad food
  • ^^ means I gained 6 lbs (!!) over night. I've dropped 2 of them but the four extra seem more stubborn. I've not been eating 100% perfect. Carb Creep is there but I'm getting better. 

Good:

• Went sea kayaking and fell in love with it!
  • Got back to the gym this week
  • Still down almost 9 lbs net for June but I think in the last week or two I can hit 11-15 lbs if I really work it from here on out. I was at -12.6 last Saturday so thats my first aim, back to that number then see how much further I can go by end of next week.

Other than that, just keep on going little by little....

• Like 1

Sometimes_gypsy

Got the last of the re-gained lbs off as of this morning. Back on the loser train! (i hope). No reason to be derailed all week. Ready to see some losses and end June on a great note!

• Like 1

Sometimes_gypsy

Got the last of the re-gained lbs off as of this morning. Back on the loser train! (i hope). No reason to be derailed all week. Ready to see some losses and end June on a great note!

That's the mindset to have! 

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

This month was a bit hilly. I dropped almost 12 lbs in the first half then gained/dropped/gained/dropped over and over the second half. Then finally, finally! after a solidly decent week, a 30 hour fast (that i gained 0.6lbs the day after!) I wooshed and ended June 15.2lbs down! total 44.0lbs lost since my high weight last August 2016. 

I wish I could more easily post pics here. I'd do a face side by side. Not  crazy but there are changes. Slightly less chipmunk cheeks which makes me super happy. 

Booked a trip to kayak Silver Springs tomorrow and I'm so excited. 40 lbs ago I probably wouldn't have been able to fit or get under weight limits. Now I'm hooked! 5.5 miles to look for wild monkeys in Ocala. Cant wait!

• Like 1

Sometimes_gypsy

Hi!  I'm being horrible about posting here. :( Sorry.  

Sounds like June was pretty good though.  Overall, a downward trend is a good thing, even if there were some spikes along the way.  Well done! 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

On 7/6/2017 at 0:56 PM, Oramac said:

Hi!  I'm being horrible about posting here. :( Sorry.  

Its ok. I am too, obviously. I post about every other day on a separate Insta account I have just focused on my weightloss/fitness stuff. I wish it were easier to post pics here.  

July has been hard. Up and down the same 3 lbs. Like March was. I've hit that point where my body is fighting me to drop beyond its current level and I'm running low on will power so my calorie control has been struggling. I'm doing decently keeping it largely low carb but cravings and hunger are way higher than they have been before. Last time I dropped a lot of weight lost 50 lbs, hit 6 months of work, and then went off the rails. I'm down 45 and at 6 months now so...gotta hang on and not repeat that. I gained it all back plus more. Of Course. Do. Not. Want.

I think I can get it moving again but I have to watch calories, carbs, and I know my body doesn't seem to be reacting well to the keto treats I've tried making like the 90 second microwave "bread" w almond flour and other things. I seem to work best on true keto: meat and veg balance rather than find ways to replicate old carby foods. So that's annoying. But I'm doing better this week. Also back to working out more regularly at least 3x a week. I'm upping my weights each time at the gym till I hit failure then repeating the weights at that point till I can "beat" that level of performance. So I'm making gains there. It still beat the shit out of cardio. 

Last night's workout:

10 Min Elliptical warm up

3x12 Leg Curl (push down to bent leg position) 80lbs (to failure barely)

3x12 seated leg press 140lbs (time to keep increasing!)

3x12 butterfly press 65lbs (to failure)

3x12 lat pull down 70 lbs (hit failure here, need to repeat)

3x12 tricep pull (push?) down 20 lbs (I'm so close to finally upping this weight! triceps = the devil)

3x12 kettlebell lateral side arm raise 5lbs (may up weight and down reps next time)

3x12 kettlebell bicep curls 10 lbs (may up weight/down reps next)

3x20 medicine ball core twists 10lbs (may up weight)

60 bw squats <-- I need to do at least 80 squats. I think I can maybe even do 100 in 20 rep sets now. My issue? I do them slow so they take a lot of time and I get bored by 60. lol. Terrible excuse. 

I think I want to add some more core work and another move or two for legs and arms each. Need to research...

• Like 1

Sometimes_gypsy

On 7/12/2017 at 7:42 AM, Sometimes_gypsy said:

Last time I dropped a lot of weight lost 50 lbs, hit 6 months of work, and then went off the rails. I'm down 45 and at 6 months now so...gotta hang on and not repeat that. I gained it all back plus more. Of Course. Do. Not. Want.

Also back to working out more regularly at least 3x a week. I'm upping my weights each time at the gym till I hit failure then repeating the weights at that point till I can "beat" that level of performance. So I'm making gains there. It still beat the shit out of cardio. 

Sounds like you've got yourself a good plan at least.  You're seeing the hurdles and setting yourself up to jump over them.  That's huge.  Seriously, that's a big deal. You got this!!  

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Ugh ok this month has been annoying. I’ve bounced up and down a 4 lb range 3-4 times in July. Just got to the bottom again and my body just WONT. FREAKING. MOVE.

I redid my macros to keep it keto now I’m down 45lbs from when I started.  So always aiming for 20 net carbs, 98-130g of protein (low end = rest days, high end = lifting days), fat of 111-140g (same hi/low). Calories of 1605-1900 (same hi/low)

I thought upping calories might help. In June I lost a total 15 lbs almost all in the first half then level in the second half. My weekly calorie averages (I logged almost every day but I know the averages aren’t perfect:

June

Week 1: 1,194 Loss: -5lbs

Week 2: 1,393 Loss: -6lbs

Week 3: 1,155 Loss: 0

Week 4: 1,404 Loss: -2.5 lbs

July

Week 1: 1,263 Loss: 0lbs

Week 2: 1,579 Gain: +2 lbs then -3lbs

This Week: 1,887 (5 days) Loss: +2 then -3lbs

Like I can’t even see a real pattern. It looks like 1100-1300 cals works but then the 1400-1500 ranges worked and this week when I upped to 1600+ after a carb binge last weekend the higher cal/low carb still got me almost 0.5lbs down each day (until today) when it hit my current low and it just goes flat. I’d be less worried if my measurements were changing but even those are just hanging out. Haven’t changed since mid-June. Just so frustrated all I can think of is to stop eating. :( I’m working out more but not crazy. 2-3x a week lifting and pushing myself hard but hardly doing any strong man lifts…

• Like 1

Sometimes_gypsy

Hey!  Sorry I've been absent a bit here.  Sorry you're having a hard time with the plateau.  It's something everyone hits sooner or later, and it's a PITA to deal with.  I honestly don't know a ton about calorie counting and macros and the like, but I do know a couple people around here have had some success with eating more (good stuff!) since they're also lifting more and burning more.  

Keep it up!!  I'm sure you'll get it figured out.  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Checking in b/c I'm actually alive and didnt fall off the face of the earth in the big eclipse!

Its been slow progress but also coming in weird waves. Today I hit -55lbs total! I'm down 3 sizes and just bought some new jeans I'm in lurve with. So its all going really well. I lost like 4 lbs through all of August and then in the last week and a half another like 4. So flat, flat, flat, whoosh! Dropped a few inches all around too so little improvements all over adding up. 

Anyway. Still LC. Not working out (I know, I KNOW!!! so much guilt...) But I was at a doctor's Tuesday and my blood pressure was PERFECT!!! 120/76!!! In March at the awful trainer's it was 159/90 (yikes!!!). So about 35 lbs and 5 months later I'm back in the pink. The few other tests they did show no signs of diabetes (I've never had signs but honestly I'm terrified of getting it being a plus size woman who's aging rapidly). I'm also noticing with less weight to hoist around I'm back to wearing heels more days than not. Vain? yes. Do I care? nope! So all in all, little by little, I'm getting to a much better place physically. Lol, maybe I'll get back to the gym next week. Till then its all pools, sea kayaking, swimming and hair salons this weekend. Thank. God. 

• Like 1

Sometimes_gypsy

23 minutes ago, Sometimes_gypsy said:

Its been slow progress but also coming in weird waves. Today I hit -55lbs total! I'm down 3 sizes and just bought some new jeans I'm in lurve with. So its all going really well. I lost like 4 lbs through all of August and then in the last week and a half another like 4. So flat, flat, flat, whoosh! Dropped a few inches all around too so little improvements all over adding up. 

WOOT WOOT!!!  That's awesome gypsy!  You're kicking ass.  Keep it up! 

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™