The Pyrit Ship: Captain's Log

DISCIPLINE-300x294.jpg

I'm definitely stealing this. Probably putting it on my fridge.

This. Just fabulous. But OH SO DARN HARD sometimes. But girl...your GOT this! And just a heads up - alcohol can be tricky when on LCHF, wine is the best option really if you have to drink. But hey....i might be boring like that I just wouldn't go there. Drinking alcohol at all I mean. But that's just me!

Anyways, you got this! I belive in you! <3

Thanks, A! I know booze on LCHF is not a great idea, I read basically your body stops everything to process alcohol before starting to process other calories etc. But wine will give me a hangover if more than 1 or 2 glasses and it makes me hot/flushed all over. Bright red tomato face is annoying. So I'm forgiving myself this indulgence but making up for it by not having beer and a huge plate of nachos :/ Not perfect but I feel like this small treat now will keep me from going overboard soon else where.

The cravings are starting a little. So I'm working to balance them and not give in. I'll get to indulge a little on vacation next month but not until then.

• Like 1

Sometimes_gypsy

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. " -Samuel Beckett

"I'm trying to get better because I haven't been my best She took a plain black marker, started writing on my chest She drew a line across the middle of my broken heart,And said: "Come on now, let's fix this mess"We could get better Because we're not dead yet"  -Frank Turner, Get Better

I'm definitely stealing this. Probably putting it on my fridge.

Thanks, A! I know booze on LCHF is not a great idea, I read basically your body stops everything to process alcohol before starting to process other calories etc. But wine will give me a hangover if more than 1 or 2 glasses and it makes me hot/flushed all over. Bright red tomato face is annoying. So I'm forgiving myself this indulgence but making up for it by not having beer and a huge plate of nachos :/ Not perfect but I feel like this small treat now will keep me from going overboard soon else where.

The cravings are starting a little. So I'm working to balance them and not give in. I'll get to indulge a little on vacation next month but not until then.

You do you. :) If you want to drink then drink! We talked about this before I belive but we all need to remember the importance between just doing something because we are used to doing it or to choose to do it. If you choose to drink a few drinks and it is a active choise then go for it! And skipping the nachos and burgers is HUGE! I'm impressed! And remember that it is you that controll the cravings, not the other way around. ^^

• Like 1

Good call.  Maybe try to track as much as possible on vacation?  Especially the walking and calories burned and such?  IDK. 

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Good call.  Maybe try to track as much as possible on vacation?  Especially the walking and calories burned and such?  IDK. 

Oh yeah, I'm wearing my fitbit nonstop on vaca since we'll be doing loads of hiking and walking. And Iceland is renowned for their wi-fi so I'm going to log as much food as I can to see where the calories are. But I'm not going to beat myself up if my carbs are high one or several days because I tried a local beer with dinner or had an Icelandic Hot dog at the super famous hot dog stand or whatever.

I'll try to make good choices, which I should be able to, but I'm also going to try loads of local food and micro beers. Because who knows when I'll be able to get back to Reykjavik and trying local food and going to local places is one of the best parts of traveling.

Do you think the food logging apps have grilled whale, puffin kebabs, and reindeer burgers in their logs? lol, because I'm definitely going to eat all of those.

• Like 1

Sometimes_gypsy

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. " -Samuel Beckett

"I'm trying to get better because I haven't been my best She took a plain black marker, started writing on my chest She drew a line across the middle of my broken heart,And said: "Come on now, let's fix this mess"We could get better Because we're not dead yet"  -Frank Turner, Get Better

Well I didn't do so bad last night! I had two small, unauthorized pieces of flat bread with spin dip. Otherwise it was what I planned. Though with the lack of exercise Ive had this week (only 2 miles in 3 days!) I'm feeling it. I had a 1K calories deficit last night but I still feel heavy all over. Last two weeks I've had closer to a +1.5K deficit daily. 

If the rain moves out by this afternoon I'll get in my long walk and back on track. Food plan for the rest of the week/weekend is back to LC and looks good with time to hike Saturday and possibly Sunday.

I will say it was nice to not stress at dinner last night and enjoy a night out. Bit tired today though, lol. Gettin' old...

Not gonna weigh till Monday I think. Give me a few days to sort out any issues from the small carb up and get back moving and eating right. Don't want to discourage myself. But I shouldn't be b/c I'm wearing a button up today that used to be snug across the hips/belly and pulled at the buttons. Fitted just right now, no button bulges :) Woo hoo.

K, work time. Bleh.

Laterz. x

• Like 2

Sometimes_gypsy

Good job with the dinner!  

Is it possible to find places to walk even in bad weather?  Since it's getting into winter and all.....

Have fun at work!! ;)

Yeah, there's a small gym in my apartment complex with treadmills and stationary bikes and things. I can pop in there over winter. I'm just going to try to avoid it until I have to. They're soooooo booooorrrrriiiing!!!!!!!! :upset::sulkiness::sleeping:

• Like 1

Sometimes_gypsy

Got in my longer walk last night and actually timed/distance-d it so I know where i am there. Hit my calorie burn and calorie intake for a 1.9K deficit yesterday. Woo hoo! Didn't hit any other goals other than my water intake but whatever. I moved. I ate right. I got to bed early (for me). I'm calling it a win.

Didn't weigh today. Trying to stay off till Monday. Looks like I'm inching closer to 1.75 inches on the waist. Still not ready to call it yet though.  AND I made progress on some major projects at work. Moving forward feels so good after a month of dithering around. Thank the gods. Still a lot of work to do but we're getting there.

And last but not least, got a tattoo appointment at my preferred shop in Reykjavik! 10 days to Iceland, I'm SO READY!!!!

Happy Friday anyone who pops by.

Laterz. x

• Like 1

Sometimes_gypsy

My body confuses me sometimes. So Tuesday 10/27 was my lowest weight at 12 lbs dropped and 1inch off waist and hips each. Since then, and for the last 2+ weeks really, everyday my calorie deficit was averaging 1700 calories. Sometimes more or less depending but I'm burning roughly 3200 cal/ day and eating 1200-1500. Only one day did my carbs exceed 30 g.

Today? Up 2 lbs but down a full 2 inches on my waist and 1.5 on my hips. I'm assuming it's water weight but where is it? My hands and Feet Are not puffing up where I normally carry excess water, not on my waist hips belly area. I'm not out doing crazy lifts at the gym or whatever. All I've added physically was walking. 1-3 miles a day. Not power walking. Just walking like a normal to slowish person. 3 miles is just over an hour for me. So I'm not out there killing it. I'm listening to my music and wandering the neighborhood.

Just confusing. I mean lost inches are good. But you'd think weight would go too. Here's to hoping for a whoosh soon on the scale? Im also a bit nervous. Next week wed-sat im on the road for work at meetings with little control over the food and minimized time to walk. Here's to hoping I have decent options. I'll see if I can stock up with LC snacks before hand in case.

Sometimes_gypsy

I wouldn't worry about it.  Weight can fluctuate for no apparent reason.  The really awesome thing to focus on, imo, is the inches lost.  That's great!  Keep it up.  I'm sure there'll be opportunities to walk and eat right on the business trip.  It's just a matter of looking for them.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Thanks. I know I shouldnt worry about it. I am happy with the losses. And getting back into some older clothes is nice. Still a long way to go. Just doesn't compute with the logical part of my brain. I've been dieting for 2 weeks! Why am I not skinny yet?? (JK!)

31608b5f73d55a05aba1152333d52c78.jpg

• Like 2

Sometimes_gypsy

Still in an odd spot. Yesterday, the scale said I was down to my lowest to date, back where I was last week at total 12 lbs down. Today, I stepped on the scale three times. I usually do it a few times to get a sort of average. It varied 2 lbs total, one 0.2lbs lower than yesterday, twice 1 full lb above. I know, I know, "water weight" "daily fluctuations" etc.

Still, not dropping anything noticeable in over a week with 1300-1700 cal deficits a day? The max calories I've eaten since Wednesday was 1728, and that was last Wednesday. Every other day was closer to 1200-1400. Hard to say what measurements are doing. It almost seemed that I was dropping close to another 1/4 inch off my waist and hips but honestly I dont trust myself to not be messing that up out of hopefulness. I'll feel better when its a full 1/2 inch and easier to determine/read the tape.

I've been doing so well since I started. More active, low carb, lower calories than before. I like numbers and stats. Was hoping to see something I can track more easily. :hurt: At least I can feel it a bit when I walk. I'm cutting minutes of my laps of the neighborhood and breathing easier. But it'd be nicer if the clothes were getting looser. 

That's about all for now.

• Like 1

Sometimes_gypsy

I know how hard it is to not stare blindly at the scale at times, wondering why the weight isn't just dripping of like water. And at those times it is really good that you have other things to measure by. The fact that you can walk easier and not get as winded as before is fantastico! Your body is responding, maybe not in the way you want, but it is non the less responding. Just keep doing it, maybe just weigh yourself once a week to get some sort of breathing space for your brain-ghosts (if you have any) and just stay focused on doing what makes you feel you. 

You are doing a fantastic job and it is alot of hard work. Just don't forget how you are feeling in all of this. Does this kind of eating make you feel better, faster full, not as craving-y as before? Does it feel good to move around and to feel your body change and adapt? You are doing so great, just keep doing it! And it isn't all about the scale. :) <3

• Like 1

I know how hard it is to not stare blindly at the scale at times, wondering why the weight isn't just dripping of like water. And at those times it is really good that you have other things to measure by. The fact that you can walk easier and not get as winded as before is fantastico! Your body is responding, maybe not in the way you want, but it is non the less responding. Just keep doing it, maybe just weigh yourself once a week to get some sort of breathing space for your brain-ghosts (if you have any) and just stay focused on doing what makes you feel you. 

You are doing a fantastic job and it is alot of hard work. Just don't forget how you are feeling in all of this. Does this kind of eating make you feel better, faster full, not as craving-y as before? Does it feel good to move around and to feel your body change and adapt? You are doing so great, just keep doing it! And it isn't all about the scale. :) <3

I was going to type up a bunch of stuff, but Adrianne pretty much said it all already.  And better than I could too.  100% agree. 

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Thanks Adrianne,

Its back to the war between the voices in my head. "Be patient" says one. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!" screams the 3 year old.

You're right. I need to focus on the changes. I haven't been without any positive improvement. And the exercise is getting better every day which is helping me with hiking and climbing easier and with less dread so that's good. I've never had patience in my life. I wonder if its too late for me to find it. :)

• Like 1

Sometimes_gypsy

Thanks Adrianne,

Its back to the war between the voices in my head. "Be patient" says one. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!" screams the 3 year old.

You're right. I need to focus on the changes. I haven't been without any positive improvement. And the exercise is getting better every day which is helping me with hiking and climbing easier and with less dread so that's good. I've never had patience in my life. I wonder if its too late for me to find it. :)

It is NEVER too late! :D Go, yong unicorn, go find it! :D

• Like 2

Should help a lot in Iceland too!!  Like Adrianne said, you can!  Keep it up! 

Oh, yeah. I am SO ready for Iceland. I'm up to 11 miles or so per day without really trying so any hiking we do, lava fields or glaciers or lava tubes and beaches, I'm ready for. Glad I started a month or so a head of this so I wont be trying to die from over exertions.  :)

• Like 1

Sometimes_gypsy

Oh god. OK, I'm running like mad but a mini update.

Eating while on my leadership course was....less than decent. Food was ok-ish during the day. But every night in the hospitality suite there was beer and wine and snacks of all the worst kind. There was ok-ish movement from our walking tours but. Yeah. Not fabulous but it could have been worse too. I didnt weigh when I got back. I know I'm dehydrated too so that doesn't help much. My waist when up 0.5 inches. I'm guessing mostly water weight. I dont think I could gain 0.5 inches of fat in 3 days.

And real vacation to Iceland starts tonight. Again, I'm going to try to eat good food, minimize carbs where I can, but I'm not going to kill myself. I'm going to try local beer and booze. I'm going to eat Icelandic hot dogs. I'm going to enjoy vacation. But I'm also going hiking and swimming and walking a lot. And when I come back its all LCHF, walking, moving and keeping it up. I have faith I can do this!

Ok, that's all. Off to do a million things before 2pm today!

Laterz. x

• Like 2

Sometimes_gypsy

Go and enjoy vacation!  How often do you get to go to Iceland!?!?!?  Have an amazing time, post pictures when you come back!!

• Like 3

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Go and enjoy vacation!  How often do you get to go to Iceland!?!?!?  Have an amazing time, post pictures when you come back!!

Yep.  This.  Do the best you can, walk/hike a lot, but don't sweat a beer or two either.  Have fun!!! 

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Oh. My. Days.

Iceland is just. wow. Stunning, gorgeous, bleak, stark, beautiful. Half the time I was hearing Game of Thrones or LOTR in my head. It was wonderful and I can't wait to go back, maybe see it in Summer. Buuuut that's a small novel unto itself really.

For my NF stuff. I basically went off calorie counting and added back any carbs on November 5 with my work travel. Through last night November 15 (hello McDonalds). But with all the hiking and walking ( I walked 45 miles last week and 204 stairs in Iceland alone!) I've only gained 7 lbs total and my waist measurement didn't increase at all! Still at my lowest waist,woo! I know a fair amount of that 7lbs is water weight. I'm soooo dehydrated. With the wind and cold and being outside I just did not get enough water into me all week. And I didn't even drink that much! Sad.

But oh well. Back on the wagon today and feelin' fine :) Ready to get back to LC eating and daily walking. Added bonuses, I'm wearing a dress today that I couldn't button the top button on b/c "the girls" would pull it too tight and the waist was quite fitted. Today the waist (empire style) is a touch loose and the top button is good to go. Also on both 5 hour flights, my feet didn't swell up at all. I used to puff up like a balloon when I fly. Not now! :)  Little wins keep me excited about all this.

Ok, have to sort a million emails and catch up at work today.

Laterz. x

• Like 2

Sometimes_gypsy

Uuuuugh. Yesterday was a bit of a struggle. Went over on carbs b/c I forgot how bad beans were and grabbed some chili for lunch. Though the chili was pretty tasty... and then by the time I got home late from work I was so tired and had so much to do to unpack, I just did laundry, a quick dinner and passed out super early so didn't walk.

I feel a little bad about not hitting a 1K calorie deficit and not walking buuuuut. Not *that* bad.

Starting over today. Having a work dinner w/ the new boss so probably no walking time, but I will have much better food choices so I'm also ok with that. At least one of my meals today will be a salad w/ meat. I'm in need of green things. Still working on getting rehydrated. Getting better though, feeling better. Slow to restart and all but I dont feel 100% off the wagon. Just have to readjust post vacation. And the rapidly approaching holiday needs to be dealt with so I'm prepping now by getting all LC ready.

K, back to the grindstone.

Laterz. x

• Like 1

Sometimes_gypsy