Rowsdower Is My Patronus - Coriande's Battle Log

February 8, 2015

Exercise

• None. Goal: gym tomorrow if my head will stop swimming. Passed out standing up this morning, not a good sign : (

Food

• Breakfast: Bowl cheerios.
  • Lunch: Assorted finger foods - at a bridal shower for my good buddy, so heavy on the carbs.
  • Dinner: Tacos - ground beef, lettuce and cheese in flour tortillas.

Notes

• Went grocery shopping today, hooray. Couldn't find any spaghetti squash, though : (

Level 0 Adventurer

Battle Log Intro Thread Current Challenge

February 9, 2015

Exercise

• Pilates by myself - stomach set and shoulder work.  Not too intense, but good given headache persisted.

Food

• Breakfast: Eggs, turkey bacon, toast. And a banana.
  • Lunch: Peas and sweet potatoes.
  • Dinner: Spaghetti with tomato sauce, herbs and cheese.

Notes

• The grocery shop has occurred! I made a big batch of sweet potatoes, and green beans almandine for lunches this week. A good rebuilding day.

Level 0 Adventurer

Thanks Shadow. You're the best : )

February 10, 2015

Exercise

• None. Bad stomach cramps all day. I hear that exercise is supposed to help with them, but have never found this to be true for me. Maybe I am doing the wrong kind?

Food

• Breakfast: Oatmeal and a banana.
  • Lunch: Green beans and almonds.  The microwave was broken, but I ate everything cold anyways (and I hate cold food.)
  • Snack: Lemon tart! Jeff's birthday at work today.
  • Dinner: Chicken caesar wrap, fries and coleslaw. The wrap tasted odd to me, so I stopped eating it. I also had some of Matthew's milkshake.
  • Late: Went out for a drink (Canadian Club and ginger ale) with my new improv buddies after practice for Kim's birthday. Not sure it was the best thing to do health-wise, but it was definitely the best thing to do socially.  I really want to become good buddies with these guys, and this is a rare opportunity to hang out outside of a workshop or show.

Notes

• Sleepy time sleepy time.  Feeling so bloated and yucky, but it's just period pain I think.

Level 0 Adventurer

Aw, you're the cutest. If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, it has sometimes helped but I'm not always in a place where I can do that....

February 11, 2015

Exercise

• Pilates including the stomach set from hell.  Also took a walk at lunchtime, it made the day seem much more manageable.

Food

• Breakfast: Banana, tea, scone.
  • Lunch: Tried a spinach, pear and brie panini from a local coffee shop - it was okay, but not an experiment I'd repeat.
  • Dinner: Homemade turkey curry with rice and naan.

Notes

• Had a weird late energy spike. Now I gotta wind down with a Parks and Rec episode.

Level 0 Adventurer

It was pretty good, thanks!

February 12, 2015

Exercise

• As part of a weird job interview, I ran around Gastown for two hours. It was like having the chance to just go out and jog around, which I never have to do.

Food

• Breakfast: Went to the Options for Sexual Health breakfast and they fed us fruit (strawberries, pineapple) and hash browns.
  • Lunch: Asparagus, ricotta and elbow macaroni. Very good, but I ate too much of it.
  • Dinner: Got home late from job interview and... I was going to make stir-fry, but I was just so tired. Cooked the chicken breast I was going to use (by pounding it down into tiny chunks while it was cooking), peas from the freezer and toast. Not a satisfying supper, but at least I didn't eat cheese.

Notes

• Haven't had a proper gym workout in a long time.

Level 0 Adventurer

I actually feel pretty good about the tracking, because it's been a real problem for me in the past. But I think I need to participate in the next challenge and set some more defined goals.

February 13, 2015

Exercise

• Didn't get up early enough for pilates this morning. Fifteen extra minutes of sleep was just too appealing.

Food

• Breakfast: Missed breakfast for the first time in a long time... but I did have a banana and some tea.
  • Lunch: Asparagus, ricotta and elbow macaroni. Om nom nom.
  • Snack: Tea, toast and peppermint patties. So craving chocolate right now.
  • Dinner: Late dinner out with friends at the pub. Chicken caesar wrap and french fries.

Notes

• Back on set tomorrow. Set! Set! Set! Set!

Level 0 Adventurer

February 14, 2015

Exercise

• Nil. Tuesday is the day, I've really fallen off the exercise wagon.

Food

• Breakfast: I was in such a hurry, I just had granola bars! D'oh.
  • Lunch: Wonderful on-set food - burritos with beef, beans, peppers and sweet potato.
  • Snack: Set snack food. Some chips and Twizzlers.
  • Dinner: Leftover macaroni, asparagus and ricotta.
  • Late-night: Went to the theatre! Had a cookie and some jasmine tea.

Notes

• Tomorrow is cleaning day in the house! I've been feeling really grody about the place, so hopefully this will lift my mood.

Level 0 Adventurer

I had two.

February 15, 2015

Exercise

• Nope. I did get surprised-kissed in an improv scene, though. Daaaang.

Food

• Breakfast: Sweet potato and turkey bacon. Om nom nom.
  • Lunch: Cheerios, and then. What was it? Oh, I ate some of the stir-fry I made for this week's lunches.
  • Dinner: Absolutely wonderful dinner out with my roommate. Tomato soup with focaccia, and then we split a salad with cranberry and walnuts.
  • Dessert: Half a piece of amazing cheesecake.

Notes

• I feel so great today because I clean-cleaned both the kitchen and the bathroom. So... much... grime gone.
  • Like 1

Level 0 Adventurer

In improv, kisses tend to be more silly than sexy.

February 16, 2015

Exercise

• A terrible goddamned day, and not just because I missed pilates.

Food

• Breakfast: Hot chocolate. Croissant. Muffin. Shoot me.
  • Lunch: At least this was proper. Vegetable and chicken stir-fry.
  • Dinner: Yeah. I ate an entire medium pizza. I didn't make myself throw up afterwards, so... I guess that's good? Or bad, I'm not sure.

Notes

• Reminder to self. Tomorrow is not today.
  • Like 1

Level 0 Adventurer

I liked that you didn't make yourself throw up.

You're absolutely right.  Tomorrow is not today.  Come on, dolly.  Pick yourself back up.  You're not the only one who pigged yesterday.  I did, too.  I'm not proud of it, but I did.  Probably four cups if not more of cottage cheese, two bowls of chicken and noodles.  I STUFFED myself.

If I can get back up, you can.  Come on.  I got your back.

SW (this time) -- 260 lbs
GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

alright! So sorry I fell off the world for a while, but it looks like you've been doing well! Great job on the tracking, and good job on remembering that "tomorrow is not today", and a crappy day can be let go, rather than poisoning the rest of its week.

• Like 1

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

Not at all! Hi again Tzippi, I hope you're well : )

February 17, 2015

Exercise

• Got up this morning and did a bodyweight workout. I always sweat so much doing them in my room, but I much prefer it to the gym where there are other people. Question about BWW - it usually only takes me about fifteen or twenty minutes to complete my three sets, compared to the hour I spend when I go to the gym. I'm tired at the end, but this seems short to me. Am I doing something wrong? I should probably ask someone on one of the other boards.

Food

• Breakfast: Tea and fritter... sugar sugar.
  • Lunch: A biscuit and more stir-fry, which was good, but I thought I tasted mould somewhere. Going to be very cautious tomorrow.
  • Dinner: Weird non-dinner because I have a break between work and practice. Sat and worked at Our Town and had a cinnamon bun, then got home late and ate leftover potato chips. I feel like I'm backpedaling with food a little. Not sure how to right the wagon.

Notes

• Job interview tomorrow... squeak.
  • When does the next challenge begin? I need to set myself up.

Level 0 Adventurer

Breathe.

First of all, it's okay to backslide a bit.  You right the wagon by realizing what you did and making better choices next time, which you're doing.

Guesstimated time for the next challenge to start is here:  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/58253-challenge-instructions-updated-jan-1-2015/

The bodyweight workout, I don't know.  I'd slide down to the Assassin's page and ask there, since I think they do more bodyweight stuff along with the parkour.

You're doing okay, Cori.  You're still here, you're still trying.  That's what matters, doll.

*HUGS HUGS HUGS*

SW (this time) -- 260 lbs
GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

February 18, 2015

Exercise

• Hi-intensity pilates in the morning. Did a dance workout in the evening too, which I always enjoy.

Food

• Breakfast: No breakfast this morning. Bad Cori. I am trying to shift from black tea to brown rice green tea for the antioxidants. Is that a real thing?
  • Lunch: The last of the stir-fry. That turned out to be a very good idea, one I will repeat asap.
  • Dinner: I was in a hurry, so I mixed my baked sweet potatoes with the asparagus macaroni ricotta stuff from earlier this week. Not a particularly successful taste explosion, but I was fulfilled.
  • Snack: Had late night toast with peanut butter and honey. Very tasty.

Notes

• Listening to Weird Al at work makes things so much better.
  • Like 1

Level 0 Adventurer

February 19, 2015

Exercise

• None today. I haven't been to the gym in a long time.

Food

• Breakfast: Scone and tea.
  • Lunch: Chicken caesar salad. I feel pretty good about this, especially since I eat it without much dressing.
  • Dinner: Weird stuff happened. I wanted comfort food, so I made myself a apple and cheese tortilla (from my childhood), but the cheese had gone off! I've never had cheese last long enough in my house before to go off. That was strangely comforting, but I couldn't eat it after that, so I just had sweet potato and turkey bacon.

Notes

• On set this weekend. We're going to be outside, hallelujah!

Level 0 Adventurer

February 20, 2015

Exercise

• None. I missed pilates again : (  I did take a fairly long walk around the city though.

Food

• Breakfast: A granola bar.
  • Lunch: None. I recognize that this is problematic, but I did find it weird that after having nothing for breakfast or lunch, I was not a cranky mess by five pm like I usually am. Not sure what to make of that.
  • Dinner: Hamburger and french fries, and then some leftover indian food. I think my stomach had shrunk a little, because I filled up very quickly.

Notes

• Had a job interview today, but it involves a significant pay cut and I don't think I could justify taking it even if they offered it to me.

Level 0 Adventurer