Rowsdower Is My Patronus - Coriande's Battle Log

Hi Shadow, I didn't think you were nagging! Just being supportive : ) The link is in my signature.

I made a thread, though the challenge is basically just a codified version of what I'm working on now. Trying to regain some of that motivation I've lost re: exercise especially.

I don't really know how the points work, though - do I assign them myself? How do I know if I get them or not

Level 0 Adventurer

Battle Log Intro Thread Current Challenge

February 21, 2015

Exercise

• Happy to be outside all day shooting, but it was basically just a day of standing up instead of sitting down. No workout.

Food

• Breakfast: Tea.
  • Lunch: Same as yesterday, I didn't eat properly until the evening as we were on set. I had a couple granola bars and a banana.
  • Snack: I had a hot chocolate on my way home... that would have been at about five pm.
  • Dinner: Quesadilla! With baked beans and mozzarella, om nom nom.

Notes

• I love being outside on the Seawall. It's so beautiful (but so busy!)

Level 0 Adventurer

The way I understand the attribute points, they're optional.  I'm not jacking with them until I understand the system better myself.  Maybe Shaar could explain them better for us?  I know she uses them.

I just wanted to be sure, because I know sometimes I can come off that way....*hugs*

SW (this time) -- 260 lbs
GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

February 22, 2015

Exercise

• Although I have not done it yet, I am writing down that I did a Beginner Bodyweight Workout. This means I have to do it! I am a clever puss.

Food

• Breakfast: Big weekend breakfast! Eggs, toast, and turkey bacon, om nom nom.
  • Lunch: Breakfast was so late I ate oddly, so technically there was no lunch.
  • Snack: A cheese bread, and a banana.
  • Dinner: French bread, bocconcini and balsamic vinegar. Delicious.

Notes

• A very depressing early day, but I made SO MUCH vegetable matter for the week after my grocery shop.  Cooked and scooped a whole spaghetti squash, cut up all my broccoli so I can make stir fry tomorrow evening, and chopped and roasted a cauliflower before it could go bad. I also have a giant sweet potato I'm eyeing... they're the most difficult to cut up. Maybe I should just clean the kitchen and go work out.

Level 0 Adventurer

February 23, 2015

Exercise

• Good morning pilates workout - I also walked home from work, around three kilometres. It was such a beautiful day.

Food

• Breakfast: Morning french bread and bocconcini with a little balsamic vinegar.
  • Lunch: Ate some roasted cauliflower, which was fine, and way too much cheese bread, which was not. I hurt my stomach.
  • Dinner: Leftover Indian food (butter chicken and mutter paneer), very tasty.

Notes

• New challenge begins today! I tried to pick goals that are very manageable.
  • Like 1

Level 0 Adventurer

Ha, that's probably because I often post the last day's record the next morning, especially if I don't want to turn the computer on at night (it keeps me from sleeping).  I'm in Vancouver, on the west coast of Canada. How about you?

February 24, 2015

Exercise

• No formal workout, just dancing for about forty minutes. I love dancing!

Food

• Breakfast: Morning french bread and bocconcini with a little balsamic vinegar. Also a banana.
  • Lunch: Tomato soup with (a much more manageable) amount of cheese bread and an orange.
  • Dinner: I made more of my spaghetti squash/asparagus concoction! It's good.
  • Late: Stovetop popcorn.

Notes

• Meant to do bodyweight workout today. So tired. Great improv practice though! I'm excited for the next show.

Level 0 Adventurer

Oh, Vancouver!  Isn't that like, L.A. North now?  Because they film all the CW shows like Arrow, Flash, and Supernatural there?

I'm in Northwest Georgia, about five minutes from the Tennessee/Georgia state line.

I'm envious, dolly.  I can't dance.  I've never been able to dance.  I'm too self-conscious, even when I'm by myself. 

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

February 25, 2015

Exercise

• Pilates in the morning. They seemed easier than usual - not sure if that is because I am getting stronger or because it was just an easier day.

Food

• Breakfast: Hurry hurry! Woke up late and no time for breakfast, but I did eat a granola bar.
  • Lunch: I went to Emelle's to get soup, but alas I got lost and ended up just eating one of the scones from Terra and a banana.
  • Snack: Veggie samosa.
  • Dinner: My mom picked me up after therapy and gave me two slices of pizza, which I ate*. No veggies today, bad Cori!

Notes

• Re: pizza, I am not sure if I wrote this down already somewhere, but pizza is a bad trigger and binge food for me, specifically if I order it when I am alone at home.  At the beginning of the month I decided, with the help of a friend, that I would 'get' a pizza once in the first half of the month and once in the second (with someone else if possible to make sure I do not overeat and purge).  This is working! But I am not counting this one as we decided pizza that is not part of bad binge behaviour will not count.
  • Like 1

Level 0 Adventurer

Oh, Vancouver!  Isn't that like, L.A. North now?  Because they film all the CW shows like Arrow, Flash, and Supernatural there?

I'm in Northwest Georgia, about five minutes from the Tennessee/Georgia state line.

I'm envious, dolly.  I can't dance.  I've never been able to dance.  I'm too self-conscious, even when I'm by myself. 

It is indeed L.A. North! - beams -

Yeah, I've worked in the AD department on Arrow and Supernatural. Good sets. A lot of classic sci-fi and supernatural stuff has been filmed in Van over the years - X-Files, Star Trek, Stargate... we are a speculative fiction city.

I've never been to Georgia but I hear it's just beautiful. Do you live in a big city or more rural?

And I know people have probably told you this before, but everyone can dance. I used to only do it if I was by myself and slightly drunk - now I dance in the kitchen all the time. Makes cleaning up much more fun, and if you do it for a while it is actually a pretty good workout.

Level 0 Adventurer

There is dancing, and then there are strange gyrations and spasms.  I end up with the latter.

I live just outside of Chattanooga, Tennessee.  I'm surrounded by lovely green mountains, though technically I am in a suburb.

My husband ADORES Arrow.  I've been told I should watch Supernatural.  That's fantastic that you've worked with those shows!  AD Department?

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

February 26, 2015

Exercise

• Feeling swaggy because I got up at 5:30 and went to the mothafuckin' gymmmm. Just regular cardio, but still.

Food

• Breakfast: Came home and had time to eat some yogurt and granola. Tasty.
  • Lunch: Actually made it to Emelle's - delicious yam and orange soup and a little box of french fries, which were much appreciated.
  • Dinner: Sushi with a friend before the Opera, specifically a yam roll and miso soup. I like Japanese food because the portions are usually small relative to pub food or italian or whatever, yet you feel very satisfied after eating it.
  • Late: Ate potato chips on the way home from the theatre. I ain't proud.

Notes

• The opera (Die Fledermaus, by Strauss) was wonderfully funny and the singing was great. Weird third act, but I loved the first two.
  • Like 1

Level 0 Adventurer

There is dancing, and then there are strange gyrations and spasms.  I end up with the latter.

I live just outside of Chattanooga, Tennessee.  I'm surrounded by lovely green mountains, though technically I am in a suburb.

My husband ADORES Arrow.  I've been told I should watch Supernatural.  That's fantastic that you've worked with those shows!  AD Department?

I don't understand - my spasming IS dance, right? ; )

Chattanooga, Tennessee is one of the most fun place names I've ever encountered. It sounds like a Dr. Seuss land.

Supernatural has a big following for a reason! There are always fans hanging out at the edge of the set hoping to talk to Jared or Jensen (the leads). We have to set up fences and establish a perimeter and stuff, it's pretty funny.

AD stands for Assistant Director, but that's sort of a misleading title. The AD schedules all the days, how much needs to get done and what order it should be done in, where everyone needs to be when and then makes that happen throughout the day. The director is in charge of the actors, and the AD is in charge of the crew! They also make all the stage calls on set.

• Like 1

Level 0 Adventurer

Update: a number of things have happened.

On Saturday morning, I went to the Pacific Cinematheque for a 24-hour movie marathon. It was wonderful! Fifteen films with good friends and fellow cinephiles, but man those theatre seats are cramped. A ten-minute yoga break and short standing breaks between movies did not keep me from feeling sore at the end of it, which I expected.  Food during the marathon was minimal as we weren't expending much energy: I made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, granola bars and snap peas. The Cinematheque brought popcorn, little sweets and half a donut. Also a LOT of tea, my only caffeine source.

On the way home (Sunday morning) I began to feel very sore and tight through my back and hips. This intensified through Sunday until it was shooting all down my leg and I couldn't turn from my side to my back, let alone stand and move. I was scared, but my friends brought me Advil, hot water bottles, and IcyHot, which have helped some. I took sleep medicine to help dull the pain - this morning it was a little better, but walking is still difficult and even sitting up hurts.

I'm going to go to the doctor tomorrow. I'm scared that the pain is so intense and lasting so long... I thought it was from sitting awkwardly, but this seems like an overreaction on my body's part. I hope it is nothing serious. Spending the day in bed doesn't make me feel good.

Level 0 Adventurer

This is just for last Friday, since I didn't record my intake at the time.

February 27, 2015

Exercise

• No pilates this morning, but stretched when I got home.

Food

• Breakfast: A scone and tea, with a banana.
  • Lunch: The remainder of the squash, asparagus and ricotta dish. It did not seem as tasty this time - I wonder why.
  • Dinner: My mom and I were very late heading to my singing lesson, so we stopped at a fast food joint. Chicken fingers and french fries.
  • Late: A mini-blizzard. Those things are good. I don't want to know how many calories they have in them.

Level 0 Adventurer

First of all, I'm not trying to belittle or badmouth your pain.  Pain sucks, and everyone experiences it differently. 

I'm thinking maybe you pinched a nerve sitting so long.  You can do that, even with stretching breaks and whatnot.  A pinched nerve sucks and is extremely painful.  That's what I'm hoping it is, and I'm hoping it's not a big nerve.

Stressing about it will just make you more tense, mon petit coeur, so try (I know, it's hard) but try not to worry about it too much.  You're doing the exact right thing going to the doctor tomorrow.

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

March 3, 2015

Woke up this morning and it was no better, so my dad gave me a lift to the doctor's. Being in the car was painful, but apparently going was the right thing to do - she looked at my back and told me it is 'in spasm', which I guess means it's stuck in an intense contraction that hurts it. I also apparently have sciatica, which I've heard of but never really understood. She essentially put me on bedrest - no going to work, as little movement as possible - and gave me some strong muscle relaxants and pain relievers. I feel pretty bummed. I hate missing work and my boss won't let me take my work computer home when I'm sick.

Dr. Jawanda says it should release and start to feel better in a couple of days. I hope so.

Level 0 Adventurer

I don't understand - my spasming IS dance, right? ; )

Chattanooga, Tennessee is one of the most fun place names I've ever encountered. It sounds like a Dr. Seuss land.

Supernatural has a big following for a reason! There are always fans hanging out at the edge of the set hoping to talk to Jared or Jensen (the leads). We have to set up fences and establish a perimeter and stuff, it's pretty funny.

AD stands for Assistant Director, but that's sort of a misleading title. The AD schedules all the days, how much needs to get done and what order it should be done in, where everyone needs to be when and then makes that happen throughout the day. The director is in charge of the actors, and the AD is in charge of the crew! They also make all the stage calls on set.

It must be extra interesting to be on that side of things in a show like Supernatural, where every once is a while the cameras get turned around to see the backstage elements. Were you featured in the French Mistake? Or did they cast actors to pretend to be the crew?

Supernatural is so meta sometimes . . .

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

March 3, 2015

Woke up this morning and it was no better, so my dad gave me a lift to the doctor's. Being in the car was painful, but apparently going was the right thing to do - she looked at my back and told me it is 'in spasm', which I guess means it's stuck in an intense contraction that hurts it. I also apparently have sciatica, which I've heard of but never really understood. She essentially put me on bedrest - no going to work, as little movement as possible - and gave me some strong muscle relaxants and pain relievers. I feel pretty bummed. I hate missing work and my boss won't let me take my work computer home when I'm sick.

Dr. Jawanda says it should release and start to feel better in a couple of days. I hope so.

Oh, dolly.  You poor thing....*gentle hugs*

• Like 1

GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

It must be extra interesting to be on that side of things in a show like Supernatural, where every once is a while the cameras get turned around to see the backstage elements. Were you featured in the French Mistake? Or did they cast actors to pretend to be the crew?

Supernatural is so meta sometimes . . .

Ha. That is often the first question I get asked when I mention that I worked on the show! I was working during that episode, but for union reasons (and because the crew can't do their jobs if they're on screen pretending to do their jobs!) all the 'crew' positions except for Eric's cameo were filled by actors. It was strange though, like having two crews on set.

• Like 1

Level 0 Adventurer

Aaand we're back. No pun intended. I've taken a lot of drugs which help with muscle relaxant, and set up a hot water bottle, menthol rub and heat pad at my desk. It feels good to be back at work, though exercise is going to be a bit dodgy for a while yet - I am still walking like an ailing grandmother or Tiny Tim.

March 6, 2015

Exercise

• Just the walk to work and back. I think I am now at the point where moving (gently) is a good thing rather than an aggravation to my back. Maybe now is a good time for some swimming?

Food

• Breakfast: Tea and croissant.
  • Lunch: Chicken caesar salad, no dressing. Very tasty.
  • Snack: Leftover sweets from crafty. I was very restrained, if I do say so myself.
  • Dinner: Pieroghis and peas.

Notes

• I feel pretty crummy about all this happening the first week of the challenge, especially about letting my journalling go. But I know it is more important to start doing it again now than to worry about the time lost. Onward and upwards! (But not too fast, stairs are still a problem.)

Level 0 Adventurer

Thank you so much, Shadow : ) You're the best.

March 7, 2015

Exercise

• Walked home from work and danced at my friend's burlesque show! (Not on stage, though.) I think I overdid it a little... my back is pretty sore.

Food

• Breakfast: Turkey bacon! I ran out of eggs. Need to go shopping.
  • Lunch: One piece of pesto pizza and a big thing of water. It's nice to have pizza in a social setting because it's way easier to slow down and enjoy a single piece.
  • Dinner: I missed dinner.  Went straight from a six-hour improv workshop to the show. Ended up eating half a loaf of Challah when I got home, which made my stomach puff up.

Notes

• I need to go shopping and replenish my veggie supply! I miss apples.
  • Like 1

Level 0 Adventurer