Rowsdower Is My Patronus - Coriande's Battle Log

I love burlesque - and the troupe I went to see was a 'Becoming Burlesque' show, so it was all their first time! They did magnificently. I'd love to do it myself once I have the time and financial stability. Watching bigger girls be so sexy and confident on stage always makes me feel better about my body.

March 8, 2015

Exercise

• Made the mistake of wearing heeled shoes today. No! says my back. Flats or sneakers it is for the foreseeable future.

Food

• Breakfast: No breakfast because I woke up so late.
  • Lunch: Waffle! With strawberries and whipped cream.
  • Dinner: Salad, roast cauliflower and homemade macaroni and cheese at my folks' place. It is so nice to eat with other people.
  • Dessert: A mint chocolate chip cookie (also homemade) and tea.

Notes

• Not super prepared for lunches this week, and it's going to be a busy one. I'm also hoping to go in early and see what my body can handle pilates-wise... it is likely to be very limited, but I'm sure Lisa will have some helpful suggestions at least.

Level 0 Adventurer

Battle Log Intro Thread Current Challenge

March 9, 2015

Exercise

• Starting to stretch again, but getting sharp pains through my back and legs. I just don't know how to heal or if I'm re-hurting myself.

Food

• Breakfast: Granola bar on the way out the door and tea.
  • Lunch: My mom made lasagna and left me some, which was tasty but I ate too much of it. 
  • Dinner: Salad! And corn bread.
  • Dessert: Frozen yogurt.

Notes

• Sleepy. Going to bed early.
  • Like 1

Level 0 Adventurer

March 10, 2015

Exercise

• Walked home from work (about thirty minutes). Slow and steady. 

Food

• Breakfast: Croissant and tea, and an orange from the bag in the kitchen at work.
  • Lunch: Leftover tasty salad.
  • Dinner: Green tea and yam sushi.
  • Late: Went out to the pub, but didn't order anything. Came home pretty hungry though, so I ate some whole wheat bread and bocconcini. 

Notes

• Out late tonight with friends after improv practice. I really like these folks. And hoping to go to pilates for the first time since I hurt my back tomorrow!

Level 0 Adventurer

Oh, sweetie, please be careful.  Maybe you should talk to your Pilates teacher about it?

I went to Pilates this morning, and Lisa gave me several exercises that will help and told me which ones to avoid. She also recommended that I book a massage with a physiotherapist. Might be out of my financial reach right now, but I will look into it.

• Like 1

Level 0 Adventurer

I am not sure whether to be pleased or scared by my Loki O.o

(Relatedly, do you know how to post a moving GIF on these forums? I don't seem to be able to embed one.)

March 11, 2015

Exercise

• Pilates! Felt good to get back into it.

Food

• Breakfast: Cranberry scone, and tea.
  • Lunch: Spinach salad. I don't always enjoy it, but I always eat it. It will make me big and strong!
  • Dinner: Had a weird night of not-going-home, so I had some instant oatmeal at rehearsal, and tea.
  • Late: Came home and ate a baked bean and cheese tortilla.

Notes

• I gotta start doing these earlier in the day, or I will forget what I did yesterday. The days are sort of blurring together.
  • Like 1

Level 0 Adventurer

March 12, 2015

Exercise

• None to speak of. I would like to start doing my stretches again in the evening, especially on days I don't do pilates.

Food

• Breakfast: Bagel and cream cheese, and hot chocolate.
  • Lunch: A caesar salad and some of the yummy French fries from Emelle's.
  • Dinner: Toast and bocconcini. I was going to eat more, but... then I didn't.

Notes

• Trying for more veggies tomorrow.

Level 0 Adventurer

March 13, 2015

Exercise

• Forgot I took my workout clothes home to wash them yesterday, so missed most of pilates. Did some stretching in my office though.

Food

• Breakfast: I took a bunch of instant oatmeal to work for days when I don't eat at home. I hope it will help reduce my pastry consumption. Apple and cinnamon today.
  • Lunch: Splurged! I went to the Indian restaurant around the corner and had butter chicken and jasmine rice.
  • Dinner: Ugh, today was awful and I ate a hamburger and french fries from A&W.
  • Late: An After Eight bar on my way home.

Notes

• Yeah, today sucked pretty hard. Just a rough day at work and then I bussed two hours to my singing lesson, threw up because of motion sickness, she wasn't even there, and I was stuck in Port Coquitlam. But my buddy came and saved me and took me home and read Terry Pratchett to me, so that helped a little.

Level 0 Adventurer

March 14, 2015

Exercise

• Ran all around downtown Vancouver in flats and a corset! Unusual exercise, but I calculate we walked at least six kilometres over the course of the night.

Food

• Breakfast: Late birthday breakfast with my best friend - tea, French toast and lovely berry compote.
  • Lunch: No lunch today, save a mimosa because WHY THE FUCK NOT. Wait, I also had a couple of chickpea sticks.
  • Dinner: Dinner was very late after the bachelorette party. Caesar salad with wonderful chicken at a nerd bar in town.
  • Drinking: I drank a lot (for me) today, so I'm putting it all here. The mimosa I mentioned earlier; a jello shot (my first ever) at the party early on; another... two shots at the bar, and then a drink that I think had pineapple in it. I know alcohol is supposed to be highly caloric, so I'm adding it to the list.

Notes

• A fun, way out-of-character day for me. In the morning I took my BFF Matty to one of those 'escape-the-room' games with a few of our other friends... we did well, but couldn't crack the whole thing. Then off to an improv practice for a high-fantasy long form set and straight to the bachelorette party afterwards. I had a little body angst because everyone was looking all pretty and had dolled up together and I was in my improv workout clothes - my friends are also pretty gorgeous in the traditional 'slim, long-hair, clear skin' kind of way. It doesn't usually bum me out because they're great girls, but I felt it a little tonight.

Level 0 Adventurer

March 15, 2015

Exercise

• None but the usual transit-related walkabouts.

Food

• Breakfast: Missed it, but I did have a hot chocolate with the girls at the tail-end of brunch.
  • Lunch: Came home and made turkey bacon (2pcs) and scrambled eggs with toast. Tasty.
  • Dinner: I have gone out for food so much this weekend. Went to the Havana to do Front Of House for the shows and had a chicken wrap with lettuce and french fries with my Conservatory group.

Notes

• No notes for today. Gotta get back to work.

Level 0 Adventurer

March 16, 2015

Exercise

• Pilates in the morning with Lisa. Felt a bit out of shape, but managed to work through it.

Food

• Breakfast: Oatmeal at work. I should find a fruit or veg to go with it in the morning.
  • Lunch: I made a bad call and didn't check the lunch menu at Terra, so the soup wasn't something I wanted and got a scone instead.
  • Dinner: Ahahaha I ate a cinnamon bun at like 5:30pm and then nothing. Bad Cori.

Notes

• Just an amazingly good improv workshop tonight. So pleased with the work we're doing right now.

Level 0 Adventurer

My back is much improved, thank you for asking. It is still tight if I poke at it or sit for too long, but is no longer troubling me during workouts or when I walk. Would still like to get a massage when I can afford it and have the time.

March 17, 2015

Exercise

• Nope. I feel like I'm getting back into pilates okay, but the earlier start time for Tuesday and Thursday gym visits is defeating me. Gotta do better!

Food

• Breakfast: Tea with lemon and a croissant
  • Lunch: Tomato soup. Lovely.
  • Dinner: It is my second-half-of-the-month pizza allotment! I feel good about having limited my pizza intake this way, and it was nice to have some without feeling guilty.

Notes

• Sleepytime now.

Level 0 Adventurer

My back is much improved, thank you for asking. It is still tight if I poke at it or sit for too long, but is no longer troubling me during workouts or when I walk. Would still like to get a massage when I can afford it and have the time.

March 17, 2015

Exercise

• Nope. I feel like I'm getting back into pilates okay, but the earlier start time for Tuesday and Thursday gym visits is defeating me. Gotta do better!

Food

• Breakfast: Tea with lemon and a croissant
  • Lunch: Tomato soup. Lovely.
  • Dinner: It is my second-half-of-the-month pizza allotment! I feel good about having limited my pizza intake this way, and it was nice to have some without feeling guilty.

Notes

• Sleepytime now.

I am really impressed with the way you are dealing with pizza.  That's smart, that's a healthy way to make sure you're not denying yourself something you really like and at the same time ensuring you don't fall back into bad trains of thought.

ALL THE WIN.

AwesomeNotification

SW (this time) -- 260 lbs
GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

Thank you so much, Shadow. I find it helpful to have more specific guidelines, and it's working so far at least...

March 18, 2015

Exercise

• Pilates in the morning, intense! Was all sweaty afterwards.

Food

• Breakfast: Oatmeal and lemon-water. I commend myself for taking the oatmeal to work, I think it is a good idea. Next thing to try is yogurt and granola.
  • Lunch: Broccoli. I cooked it right when it was about to go bad, and I am afraid it is not very tasty, but I will soldier on.
  • Snack: Mini-bag of potato chips from craft services.
  • Dinner: Fell back on my old ways and had macaroni with Classico sauce and cheese. But I did cut up and bake a whole bunch of sweet potato, so I should be able to eat that for a bit if I get carb cravings.

Notes

• Singing lesson tonight, I'm so excited! It's been almost three weeks.
  • Like 1

Level 0 Adventurer

March 19, 2015

Exercise

• None today, except for the usual walking. 

Food

• Breakfast: Scone. Wanted to have hot cocoa so bad this morning, but had hot water instead. It's getting marginally easier to recognize and resist cravings (well, some of the time).
  • Lunch: Went out with a friend to Miura, which makes these strange Japanese-inspired sandwiches where instead of bread, it is waffles. I had a chicken, lettuce and teriyaki sandwich, but I didn't eat all of it - probably a good thing.
  • Dinner: Subway sandwich between work and practice - chicken breast with lettuce, but I always feel like there's something synthetic about Subway's food. It tastes weird.
  • Dessert: Late night ice cream with Matty. Om nom nom. Gotta work on my ice cream portion control - a small bowl is just as tasty as a big one.

Notes

• Went grocery shopping after singing lesson. VEGETABLES BE IN MY HOUSE YO.

Level 0 Adventurer

March 20, 2015

Exercise

• Pilates. I felt weak. Lisa says that means I am getting stronger. Not sure how that's supposed to work...

Food

• Breakfast: Oatmeal at work. I am going to buy some unsweetened stuff - the packets I bought are 'lightly sweetened' apple and cinnamon, but they still taste crazy sugary.
  • Lunch: Roasted broccoli and sweet potato. I feel like this is the perfect lunch, should try and make it happen more often.
  • Dinner: Went home for Shabbat, which means delicious home cooked food! Chicken with wilted spinach and mushrooms, pasta, broccoli and foccacia. SO GOOD.
  • Dessert: Orange-chocolate chip cookies - homemade. 

Notes

• My sister is home from the island! Huzzah.

Level 0 Adventurer

March 21, 2015

Exercise

• I went to the gym, which makes me feel like I accomplished something. 25 minutes on the treadmill, 25 on the stationary bike, and then 20 minutes outside on the swings because it's a nice cool down.

Food

• Breakfast: None, because I got up late. Wait, maybe I ate a banana? I think I ate a banana.
  • Lunch: A peanut butter and jelly sandwich, not much jelly mostly peanut butter.
  • Dinner: Poutine. Waah waaaah. But at least it was vegetarian.
  • Dessert: Hot chocolate.

Notes

• This weekend is already blurring together for me. So much improv. Gotta go back to doing my writeups the evening of.

Level 0 Adventurer

March 22, 2015

Exercise

• None today except for city walking.

Food

• Breakfast: Yogurt and granola. Very tasty.
  • Lunch: Banana.
  • Snack: Hot chocolate. Two days in a row... not ideal.
  • Dinner: Freaking awesome giant salad at the Havana, plus mint tea.
  • Dessert: Shared a pecan crunch bar and ice cream with my folks.

Notes

• Don't feel great about tonight's show - but there will always be another one.
  • Like 1

Level 0 Adventurer

March 23, 2015

Exercise

• Morning pilates. Lisa says if I want to do cardio, I should swim - but that means getting up even earlier. We'll see. I also did a fair bit of dancing and stretching at Off Key.

Food

• Breakfast: Oatmeal and a banana.
  • Lunch: Lemon ricotta muffin and tea.
  • Dinner: Chicken strips and caesar salad.
  • At Practice: Orange slices and grapes.

Notes

• Yesterday at work sucked, but practice was awesome! I looked at my calendar for the next little while... I have improv every night for the next thirteen nights.

Level 0 Adventurer