HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYS

You know you read that in your best Sloth impression too!

Just joined after some issues getting set up!

I'm hurr to basically join the commotion and meet up with some like minded fitness nerds! Too many other forums either perpetuate the horrid 'broscience' or even worse, promote fad diets like ... that thing where they drink eau de pregnant lady! (HCG diet, I wish I was, but I'm not even joking >.>)

Sooooooo uh yah :3

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Well, there is a time and place for 500 cal a day diets. The time is when you are morbidly obese with a need to shed massive amounts of weight or die within a matter of weeks. The place is probably in a hospital, supervised by doctors and nurses.

I guarentee they would not feed you pregnant p**s with it too though.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Well since you asked!

Short term, I want to get my body fat level down to an appropriate level for what I do: play rugby. Currently around 16%, and should ideally be sub 10.

Long term, there are a lot of fitness aspects to rugby that all need improvement. One step at a time though, and some can probably even be met while cutting down the size (you need a HUGE aerobic engine to perform in rugby so that ties in rather well).

My plan for the next few months can break down by month pretty much:

- For the rest of October, I'll be maintaing current strength and endurance capabilities, maybe minor improvements, until the season ends early November. Making gains right now would be difficult as I practice twice a week (pretty gruelling too) with two games on the weekends. So working out by myself more than once/twice a week is un-ideal.

- Once the season winds down, I still have one last tournament at the end of November. However for that month I'll be practicing once/twice a week and my schedule opens up. After maybe a week of recovery, I want to start active cutting. My plan of attack for this is the UD2, created by Lyle Mcdonald. If you don't know what that is, it's essentially a cyclical ketogenic diet designed to quickly empty your system of all available glycogen, followed by a hayuuuge carbload that over compensates your glycogen stores in order to have a MASSIVE work out at the end of the week. Did a three week test run earlier (would have gone longer but ran into over-training/injury problems during the season) and the results blew me away. Came out the same bodyweight as I did going in, but made about a 10% gain on most my lifts: BP went from 185 to 205, squats from 250 to 300, etc.

- After either making my BF goals or running out of time, I'll transition to a high-carb diet with aggressive endurance/interval training. Ideally this will start about 8 weeks prior to the season, which we begin sometime in April. So that makes the transition period begin around February. That gives me about three months to drop 6% BF; aggressive, but I've seen much bigger results on the UD2.

- Once the season hits, well, its a 6-7 month season, so body composition & strength will have to stay at maintanence levels, but hopefully I can peak my overall 'fitness' by August to be fully prepped for post-season.

Well THAT ended up being longer than I intended! It's also the first time I've fully laid out my intentions and plans though, so feel free to critique!

Guest Snake McClain

I did the sloth impression for sure. Lawl!

I agree. This site is great because it doesn't carry all that macho b.s. on every other site. All the people screaming about why this is right or wrong or whatever. It is very friendly here and I've seen no trolling yet. Which is great.