• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

NEW 6 Week Challenge: October 24 to December 5th - Sign up here!

I just stuffed another chocolate frosted donette in my mouth and now I regret it. I am all in with this challenge.

I will call my challenge "Stand by Me" because I will focus on standing whenever I'm not in class or sleeping.

I want more people to also try standing up more, to save your own life.

So who will take a stand.

I'm in. I was able to hit about 60% of my goals from this previous challenge. I want to make it to the full 100%.

And I need to get ready for the Tough Mudder

I've been thinking about my goals for this challenge, and I've decided to share them with you before starting this challenged. I want your honest opinion about them. They're all taken from my own Epic quest (which you can see in my signature).

Diet/Fitness Goals:

Do 100 push ups (not in a row-sets of 40-40-20) Maybe using this website program?

Learn how to cook 5 Paleo Diet recipes (provided by my fellow rebels).

Stay 10 minutes in Kung Fu's Horse Stance

and that's beside sticking to my beginner bodyweight workout (I'm still struggling with that).

Life Goal:

Start my own 5-figure per year business as a freelance modern languages teacher.

I've been waiting for this! My first challenge!

I'm going to quote the several before me who have yet to plan out their goals.

I'm not very creative, nor original, when it comes to things like this, so my gut impulse is to steal all your goals and make them my own.

Maybe my first goal should be not to do that, man up, and think of my own goals.

I'm in. And no better time than the beginning of the holiday season, right?

Fitness Goals

1. 6 weeks pure paleo. I'm always cutting corners on full fat dairy and whey protein, time to cut it on principle.

2. Intermittent fasting, per the Leangains protocol. I think this will help me avoid my beloved shakes. This also means that I need to be way more buttoned up about having a hay-oooooge protein-packed lunch prepped for work.

3. One full Wendler cycle in order to put 15 lbs on my 5RM squat. My current is 120; it's super modest, but achievable.

Life Goal

1. Leave the office at 4:30 pm on Fridays. No exceptions. No meeting is that important.

Seem reasonable?

I've got to do what scares me and not be afraid to fail... So maybe I should be afraid of failing but do it anyway? This is confusing already but I'm still in!

1) Do 4 pullups in a row (I don't need 5, I'm not greedy)

2) 3 minutes of planks (in 1 go, being greedy here)

3) Learn some basic parkour and make a 10 second video of me doing it (because it's gonna be fun!)

1) Ask just one darn intelligent question during my physiology seminars (so I can stop being the grad student that never asks a question)

Fitness Goals:

1. One pull up. (I almost didn't choose this, because I'm afraid I might not make it. I drew some inspiration from Steve's blog today.)

2. Go to bed at a decent hour on weeknights!

3. Deliberate exercise (i. e. not just walking around town) at least 3 days a week, including the first two weeks while I am on vacation.

Life goals:

Study the material for one exam toward an updated certification. (I won't begin this until week three when I return home. I also won't schedule the exam until I've at least begun studying, so the goal is not necessarily to sit the exam within the six week time frame. I may if it seems plausible, but I'd like to stick with the goal of just learning all the material.)

I'm going to join with very modest goals that I've already picked.

1) Eat primal at home - meals out and gifts from friends won't count.

2) Run half marathon under 2 hours - can no longer run one without walking at the minute

3) Get up to 20 press ups - can do one at the minute

4) This one's a bit messy - by december I want to have a workable career plan with a realistic timeframe and bring my portfolio on track to where it should be for that plan.

Oh it's on, perfect timing! Got one goal already, Do a mother freakin' chin up

1. One chin up, it's not even that hard for christs sake, this one will be easy!

2. Lose some inches off the waistline and lose the man boobs

3. Do the bodyweight workouts from the RSG a minimum of twice a week

The 6 week challenge itself will be my lifestyle goal, I find it difficult to commit to changing my habits, I have been a very lazy person and keep giving up on improving myself so if I can see this challenge through the whole 6 weeks I'll have won

Edited by Coopen87

I'm in! This one will be a bit interesting as I'm going to be travelling for most of these six weeks, but I that just makes it more of a challenge and that is exciting.

Why not eh? Consider me in.

Initial ideas for goals:

1. 'Level up' my body weight workout routine. Either by adding more reps/sets continuously, or switching to a harder version of a particular exercise.

2. Run the Brighton 10k on 20 November? I think I should be able to do this! (Might finally get around to buying a pair of Vibrams 5 Fingers).

3. Get hold of a doorway pull up/chin up bar and start working on it!

I have a few things I could do for a lifestyle goal, but I think the most important thing for me to get done by the beginning of December is to have actually started applying for Masters programmes in North America.

This will be my first challenge, too. "Do or do not... there is no try."

My diet/health goals are:

1. Incorporate paleo into my intermittent fasting

2. Reach a goal weight of 215 (sitting pretty at 231 now; have lost 56lbs. in the last 10 months)

3. Had always been a lifter, now I want to be a runner; want to establish a consistent cardio routine by EOC (rule #1 of zombieland: cardio)

As for the life related one:

1. Get back into meditating on a regular basis; I need to reintroduce myself to me

Good luck to everyone!

Count me in! This is my first one and I am pumped.

Fitness goals:

1# To do one pull up

2# To run 13 miles in one training session

3# To do 100 hundred push ups (I hate to steal someone else's challenge, but I liked it and wanted to see if I could do it as well.)

Life Goal:

Still thinking about this one. Trying to decide which one to choose.