• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

NEW 6 Week Challenge: October 24 to December 5th - Sign up here!

First challenge ever aaaannnndddd GO!

Oh...I should probably think of some goals first.. humm... Anyone have any good suggestions on starter goals? I know sticking to paleo and not eating all the halloween candy are probably good starters lol

This is my first challenge here as well, and it's already started. Ironically, I was already setting this plan in motion when I found the challenge, and yesterday was day 1 (body weight work out, no booze)

Here is it in all it's glory...go big or go home!

Fitness:

1.) Run Training 3-4 times a week; speedwork, recovery, long run (mostly trails)

2.) Strength Training 2-3 times a week; chinups, pullups, pushups, deadlifts, and squats. Lat pulldowns, barbell rows, planks, bench press and overhead press optional.

3.) Hockey once a week, rock climbing & lap swimming when I can

4.) Set goal race schedule for 2012

Diet Goals:

1.) No more booze at home, and limited booze outside (events, and meals out only). i.e. - stop drinking like a fratboy

2.) Eat an apple a day. My diet is pretty good, but I take one to work everyday and manage to ignore it.

3.) More water!

Life Goals:

1.) Focused guitar playing; writing, practicing specific songs, and playing drills. No more wasted time on aimless noodling!

This is a pretty ambitious list, the next 7 weeks will be difficult for sure!

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/

Edited by KillerGriller

I'm in.

Fitness goals:

#1: Squat 200 lbs.

#2: 10 chin ups in a row

#3: Chug a fifth of whiskey... wait, let me give this one a bit more thought.

Life goal:

Get all the way through Think Python.

This is my first challenge here as well, and it's already started. Ironically, I was already setting this plan in motion when I found the challenge, and yesterday was day 1 (body weight work out, no booze)

Here is it in all it's glory...go big or go home!

Fitness:

1.) Run Training 3-4 times a week; speedwork, recovery, long run (mostly trails)

2.) Strength Training 2-3 times a week; chinups, pullups, pushups, deadlifts, and squats. Lat pulldowns, barbell rows, planks, bench press and overhead press optional.

3.) Hockey once a week, rock climbing when I can

4.) Set goal race schedule for 2012

Diet Goals:

1.) No more booze at home, and limited booze outside (events, and meals out only). i.e. - stop drinking like a fratboy

2.) Eat an apple a day. My diet is pretty good, but I take one to work everyday and manage to ignore it.

3.) More water!

Life Goals:

1.) Focused guitar playing; writing, practicing specific songs, and playing drills. No more wasted time on aimless noodling!

This is a pretty ambitious list, the next 7 weeks will be difficult for sure!

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/

Ooh! This is some good stuff. I'm going to add as an auxiliary goal to sign up for a Tough Mudder race for 2012 and actually train for it... hard.

So that'll make my fitness goal #3: sprint up the biggest, baddest hill I can find in Boston in a time to be determined when I find this hill. Any Bostonians know anything about Middlesex Fells Reservation?

OK, got goals and a plan

Fitness Goals

1. Eat "Clean", I've made the Paleo switch. Push it for at least 80% of the time

2. Crossfit, Mon-Thur (minimum). An occasional Friday

3. Iaijutsu, Not just class - Practice Kata for at least 2 other times in the week

4. Bicycle to work, Weather Permitting

Non Fitness Goals

5. Follow Budget

6. NaNoWriMo; I'm putting this out there. I need to get over myself and do it. Real book, Fanfic...doesn't matter, I need to do it. This provides structure to my "Be Creative" push.

First challenge ever aaaannnndddd GO!

Oh...I should probably think of some goals first.. humm... Anyone have any good suggestions on starter goals? I know sticking to paleo and not eating all the halloween candy are probably good starters lol

Pick an amount of time you'd like to run. Say....an hour. Then take an hour out of your day and walk for five minutes. then run five. then walk five and so on. every few days or once a week add more running time and less walking until you're running the whole hour. That's just a completely random starter. I dunno i'm bad at advice.

Ooh! This is some good stuff. I'm going to add as an auxiliary goal to sign up for a Tough Mudder race for 2012 and actually train for it... hard.

So that'll make my fitness goal #3: sprint up the biggest, baddest hill I can find in Boston in a time to be determined when I find this hill. Any Bostonians know anything about Middlesex Fells Reservation?

don't know much about Middlesex, but Blue Hills is pretty awesome. if you want a hill in the city, the one in Corey Hill is intense.

Done. First challenge here and I need to think up some goals for myself. I think I have a couple, but I'm absolutely dreading putting one in writing.

A couple weeks ago I became rededicated to fitness after staying up until 2AM watching Drunken Master and Enter the Dragon. May seem cheesy but it did the trick. Bought a pullup bar. Just found this blog a couple days ago and have been devouring it. It seems like I chose the right time to find it with a new challenge starting up. Now that I'm registered to the forum I'll have to do the full introduction but this more important post is first.

I have to say I like the six-week, 3/1 arrangement for goals: there are other health goals that I have but I can focus on these and attack those in the next challenge.

Health:

1. 50 pushups (currently ~25)

2. 10 dead-hang pullups (did 3 yesterday!)

3. Vertical Jump Bible workouts 2 times per week.

Life:

1. Put together resume and apply to five jobs within T/walking distance in Boston/Cambridge area.

I'll toss my hat in the ring. Here are my tentative goals:

Health

1. Run at least a mile 3 times per week. Weight train twice a week. Sprint once a week.

2. Go from 235lb down to 220lbs

3. Go from 29% body fat to 25%

Life

1. Obtain both CCENT and CCNA certifications.

Thanks for the hints Matilda117! I'll check out Corey Hill in the near future. In the mean time I just got back from the gym/failed attempt to get from Sullivan to Middlesex Fells. So I'm reworking my third goal to be: run to Middlesex Fells then own a hill.

First time poster, longish-time lurker. I'm a practitioner of parkour and since I haven't progressed in a while, this six week challenge will be my "get-awesome-at-freerunning" challenge. My goals:

Parkour:

1. Standing back flip.

2. Stepping sideflip

3. Webster (front flip off one leg) on flat ground.

4. Increase my long jump by at LEAST one foot. Hopefully two.

5. 540 kick

6. Don't get injured.

Health goals:

1. 100 push-ups

2. 30 pull-ups

3. 40 chin-ups

4. 5 freestanding handstand push-ups

5. Cut out as much sugar as possible.

6. STOP EATING WHEN FULL (giant pig here >.<)

Life goals:

1. Minimum of a 3.8 GPA.

2. Learn to say "No" to friends.

3. Possibly do the National Novel Writing Month challenge. Although that might conflict with #1.

The parkour goals will be pretty easy to plan for -- go out and train errrrrry day. Excpet when I inevitably get injured, which will happen at some point. Then I stay inside and work the uninjured body parts. Yay, pull-ups. Boo, knees.

Health goals 5 and 6 are mostly willpower; if I can convince myself to drop from a building, surely my mind can overcome sugar cravings, right? Yeah. Hopefully. Maybe. I WILL DO IT! *ahem*

Other health goals... Still working on a plan for them. Suggestions?