NEW 6 Week Challenge: October 24 to December 5th - Sign up here!

spezzy

First pass at goals for the next 6 weeks for me:

Fitness:

1. Bench 3 sets of 5 reps at 150 lbs... ongoing progression as part of recovery from my broken elbow.

2. I just started squatting/deadlifting within the past week - so the basic goal here will be to get these up to/above bodyweight with good form, again, 3 sets of 5 minimum for the squats, and at least 1 set for the deadlifts. This goal may change once I have a better feeling for the movements.

3. Get back to sprinting 1-2x/week. I broke my foot a bit over a month ago, and was thus forced to go to non-impact cardio(namely, walking, and bike intervals). While bike intervals are decent, sprints would be better and I hope to get back to them within the next two weeks.

Diet:

1. Cut the diet sodas: Currently I drink too many of these - and while I mostly avoid caffeinated ones, it's still probably not good for me. Drink water instead, both for health reasons and to stop wasting money. Morning coffee is allowed; I will strive to eliminate other beverages.

2. Cut grocery costs and save time by being smarter - try for more large meals where I eat leftovers, buy things in large quantities that are cheaper, etc. Grassfed ribeyes and fresh, wild salmon are awesome, but eating them too often results in a rather absurd food bill.

3. Stay ~80% Primal. 20% "other" isn't too bad, particularly during the holiday season. A slice or two of pie is okay; loading up on cookies is not. ;)

Life:

1. Help cook for everyone over thanksgiving. My parents are hosting 9 people(including me) for 4 days over thanksgiving this year. As such 4 days of cooking for them is a lot of work, and I'd like to help out by taking some of this burden off of them.... Now to figure out what to cook.

2. Reclaim my personal life... During my time in Japan I focused almost entirely on work, and hence haven't really had much of a personal life over the past year and a half. Starting to change this is a priority for the next few months.

3. RELAX! Live more in the moment, have more fun!

Bonus item:

Show more leadership at work. On my current project I expect there to be opportunities to do this; I need to pay attention and capitalize on said opportunities. Also, I want to have the discipline to recognize that it's better to let someone be right, even when they're wrong - to let things go if they're minor/non-critical in nature. I'm getting better at this, but still not there yet.

"Restlessness is discontent - and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man-and I will show you a failure." -Thomas Edison

Hi folks,

I'm in, super excited as it's my first challenge!

It's about time to stop lurking & start getting serious (but still have fun while doing it) ;)

I've been reading the NF blog for quite a while now, and it's time to take some real effort & not half-ass it like I usually do.

Still working on the goals though, I'll post them once the new forum opens.

Cheers & a good start for everyone!

Totally looking forward to it!

Count me in! I've been reading NF for about two years now, and it's time I joined the forums and tried a challenge! I'm just finishing up the recovery from the birth of my first child (August 30, 7lb 14oz) and it's time to get back in shape.

Diet/Fitness:

1) Complete all of the Basic Training workouts (4 weeks) from the Rebel Strength Guide

2) Reduce soda intake back to 8 oz/day

3) Increase calcium intake by having at least one 12 oz glass of milk (or equivalent in calcium-fortified OJ, or yogurt) per day

Life Goal

1) Complete the first draft (~70K words) on my book that is due in March.

I'm currently weighing in at 125 lb, only 5lb more than my pre-pregnancy weight, so I'm feeling pretty good about that. I just want to strengthen up my back and arms and get my hips back in shape--I'll have a little toddler to chase after any day now!

SpiralGalaxy, Level 9 Halfling Elf Assassin
STR 17|DEX 13|STA 20|CON 13|WIS 21|CHA 15
Electromagnetics Engineer, Freelance sci-fi critic in Maryland

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." 

Okay, starting my very first challenge tomorrow these are my goals:

Health/ diet:

1. Work out on 4 days a week (currently I make it about twice or three times). If a workout doesn't fit in, 10 mins of rope-skipping will!

2. Increase my daily number of situps from currently 100 every morning to 200, maybe morning and evening.

3. Hit 70 kg, I'm at 74.something right now.

Life:

Get my finances straight, pay all bills, get back insurance money.

Phew, wish me luck!

There are good days

and there are bad days.

And this is definitely

one of them ... :-)

I registered here at NF about half a year ago because I was planning to join the challenge, but I figured it was not a good time, and so I skipped it. Then I thought about joining the next challenge, but there was so much else going on, so I decided to do it another time instead. Now, I've started to realize that "a good time" will never come. I still have tons of excuses for not joining this challenge, but I am going to give it a go anyway!

Here are my main goals:

Fitness/diet:

1. Eat more of the stuff that is good for me and less of what is bad

2. Get back into running

3. Get strong enough to lift my own weigh

Life:

1. Qualify for exams in all my courses

(SMART subgoals will come in my challenge thread)

Alright! I basically dropped out of the last one, but this one I'm all in for. I'm unsure of what mini goals I want to set, but this time, I'm focusing on one thing: getting my BMI down to the "overweight" category out of the "obese" category. I'm not sure what I'm at right now, but I can weigh next weekend. I'm ready. It's going to be approximately 15 pounds so I'll have to bust my ass, but I'm ready.

“In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer†- Camus

1st challange i will get into, but i am currently in a huge lack of support and motivation! Help me out Rebels?!

My current status:

82kg (180 pounds more or less)

1m78 (5.8 feet)

Eating a fair ammount of crappy food and lying to myself about being in a paleo diet

My 6 weeks Objective:

I want to get down to 76kg (167 pounds) at least, and on the way anihilate as much bodyfat as possible, turning all this into muscle.

--

My actual main, long time objective:

Be in shape to get in Boxing championships by October 2012

.Raul R. de Godoy

I'm in!

My fitness/diet goals:

- eat mostly Paleo

- follow my plan religiously

- manage to complete 10 successful push ups

Life goals:

- organise my life to include daily studying

Thanks for reading my signature, but it's got nothing of relevance in it I'm afraid!

BRING IT ON! Time to beat this first challenge into the dust! Going to work on the druid class first (excluding the vegetarian part), then cross-class into the assassins in future months.

Life Goal:

OWN these anxiety issues by finishing up the college semester strong. This means attending all classes (including optional ones) and turning in all homework (finished) on time.

Fitness/Diet Goals:

1) Eat Paleo every day (as much as possible in a dorm with no kitchen and no money). Dessert allowed once a week.

2) Meditate for 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 mins each week respectively, and everyday for that week's time.

3) Practice Hatha Yoga for 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 mins each week respectively, three times a week.

Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that something is more important than fear.

Race: Half-elf (moderately tall and skinny)

Class: Druid Level: 0 Exp: 166.67/1000

Cross-Class: Assassin Level: 0 Exp: 0/1000

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines