Hello all.

Battle will be fought on two fronts; fitness (currently starting small with micro hiit and the 50 push ups challenge to get me used to making a habit of working out) and life (right now focussing on planning my trip to New Zealand, something I've been putting off for the last THREE MONTHS).

Updates to follow...

• Like 2

"It is not enough to want to make the effort and to say we'll make the effort...it's in the doing, not just the thinking, that we accomplish our goals. If we constantly put our goals off, we will never see them fulfilled."

T. S. Monson

battle log

Sounds like an excellent plan, as well as, looking out for yourself through something you've always wanted to do ... Congrats re: your numerous successes! Oh & may I say, I just simply love your quote ... a fantastic "shove" in the right direction just by the mere fact of reading & comprehending its worth.

Wood Elf / (subtle) Adventurer 

not sure if this is the realm for me; however thought I'd sneak out for a peek ... very timid

the forest is my home & comfort; though, at times, it's nice to venture around others

to see what it is that they aspire to achieve ... always looking to be the best me for me

Update:

roaming ahead to fulfill each goal set before me; my accomplishment(s) will show that soon

we'll meet again as successes in each of our disciplines ... looking forward to that blessed day

Sounds like an excellent plan, as well as, looking out for yourself through something you've always wanted to do ... Congrats re: your numerous successes! Oh & may I say, I just simply love your quote ... a fantastic "shove" in the right direction just by the mere fact of reading & comprehending its worth.

Thanks! I had a had time picking just one quote for the sig (I have pages and pages full of them) but this one really nails it for me. I have no lack of want; my weakness lies in the doing.

"It is not enough to want to make the effort and to say we'll make the effort...it's in the doing, not just the thinking, that we accomplish our goals. If we constantly put our goals off, we will never see them fulfilled."

T. S. Monson

battle log

Monday:       HIIT [/]  strength [/]

Tuesday:      HIIT [/]  strength [/]  yoga [/]

Wednesday: HIIT [ ]  strangth [/]  yoga [/]

Thursday:     HIIT [/]  strength [/]  yoga [/]

Friday:          HIIT [ ]  strength [/]  yoga [ ]

Saturday       HIIT [ ]  strength [/]  yoga [ ]

Sunday         HIIT [ ]  strength [/]  yoga [ ]

Wow, not the best week.

There are no words for how much I loathed doing HIIT, or at least the one's that I had picked. It wasn't much of a surprise when I started making excuses not to do it. I through together a quick yoga routine because the HIIT was making me so stiff in the legs, calves especially.

I got pretty frustrated that I didn't feel like I was improving with my pushups, so I changed tactics, based on some advice I read elsewhere in the forum (that I can't find now, typical) about doing a couple whenever you can. I started on Friday, and I went from being able to do 3 max from a low incline do doing 3 max from my knees.

SO, I'm going to have to think about this a bit and change my plans, which makes me feel like I'm cheating, but it's better than quitting entirely. New considerations for the coming week.

1. Consider putting together a dumbbell complex to do throughout the day.
  2. Find some way do squeeze in a little cardio
  3. Keep doing yoga

T. S. Monson

battle log

Long ago, I made considerable pushups progress by following the plan on here: http://hundredpushups.com/

They have you do an initial test and tailor the number of sets and reps to your results. You can always do pushups on your knees until you're strong enough to do them otherwise if you find the level they put you at to be too hard.

In any case, good job keeping at it! You'll get stronger before you know it. And yes, keep trying things until you find something you enjoy. I personally loathe bodyweight exercises as a whole and much prefer to lift weights.

Gargoyle Assassin

Present: I can has climb?
   Future: It shall be excellent.

Failures are merely teachers.

For sure!

Looking at the amount of activity you have scheduled throughout the week, you remind me of the first lesson I learned - make sure you have rest days where you either just do cardio or nothing at all (maybe stretching/yoga?). Your muscles need time to recover if you intend on getting stronger and you may find yourself burned out sooner rather than later if you push to do something every day. You can always post or read up in the "help me build a workout" section if you want more help with that - I am certainly no expert on the matter.

From what little I've read, I think 3+ consecutive days of working out is only really needed once your strength levels plateau at an intermediate level (i.e. you've done everything you can from diet to routine and can't lift heavier anymore after x weeks) - and at that point your workout plan becomes more complex than "do XYZ each day." At the same time, do whatever seems to be working for you, but please be careful :D

Gargoyle Assassin

Present: I can has climb?
   Future: It shall be excellent.

Failures are merely teachers.