Late challenger has arrived - Jcmgm

jcmgm

Hello to everyone.

My name is Joaquín, this is my first challenge ever. I'm from Argentina, 25 years old and almost 10 kg above my desired weight.
I've been following the blog for a while and today I came across the challenge, read some stories and got inspired to start.

I really like sports and being active, but I get injured pretty usually because I'm a out of shape  and quite a procrastinator.

Main Quest = Lose 10 kg before summer ( December)

Quest 1= Walk 30 minutes everyday
Quest 2= Stop eating trash food and candies on weekdays
Quest 3= Eat 2 servings of fruit per day.

Life Quest = Manage to overcome procrastination and finish my grad thesis.

• Like 1

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

My own page!  // Instagram

Fruit is a good place to start! Veggies too (I am trying to do that as well, being a college student I try and steer away from mac and cheese). If you have an animal or something starting to take them on a walk with you really helps. They start to expect it and it is always difficult to turn them down. The binging on weekends is really difficult too, but you have got this! Is your motivation to play more sports? Just curious.

• Like 1

ErikaisEpic

Level: 1 | Chubby Wood-Elf

STR:0 | DEX:0 | STA:1 | CON:0 | WIS:0 | CHA:0

Challenge: Level One: Attacking the Flammable Skeletons

Thanks for the feedback!
Regards my quests, I've been able to tackle the 30 minutes of physical activity.. but it's not always walking.. we have many storms these days in Mar del Plata...
the food is a little more difficult to keep on track but I won't stop trying.

My motivation is to play more sports, and to be ready to what life could throw on my way... I'm actually studying to became a biologist, a field investigator... and being fit can make those days waaaaaaaay easieer! Also I'm planning on trekk a volcanoe and really want to be able to do that without having to crawl!

Thanks for the feedback Erika!

• Like 2

Jacques Yves Cousteau

Going up a volcano, oh my! That sounds really exciting and if you stick with your goals you will enjoy it way more. It is good you are still able to get your thirty minutes in. What are you doing? Indoor biking? Yoga?

I know staying on track with food is difficult. I have given up myself many a time, but stay motivated and you will succeed! One of the suggestions for staying on track is to write your motivation down and slap it somewhere you see it everyday. Maybe that will help the diet.

Overall way to go and keep on pushing forward!

Also you are welcome. Thank you for helping me with my flexibility conundrum. :)

• Like 1

ErikaisEpic

I'm doing indoor biking, yoga, and my sister got to DVD's, Tap out and Zumba.. we put some of those aswell! (Haven't written in english for a lonnnng time, and as I'm currently studying Italian, maybe I get things messed up betweent italian, spanish and english! :playful: )

• Like 1

Jacques Yves Cousteau

Wow a volcano with a glacier, both so rare. Are you going to go to the stops along the way? And your English is fine. I can still understand what you are saying :) I really enjoy Zumba I used to do it with my dad all the time. It is a great work-out. Your sister has good taste!

• Like 1

ErikaisEpic

Wow beautiful! Good luck with your quests, looks like you've been doing a good job so far!

I am KingLeeroy an Adventurer Ambassador so if you have any questions don't hesitate to drop me a line on my challenge page or in a PM if you have any questions about anything! Here is my current challenge and some wee tips for using the forum on this tutorial.

Good luck with your challenge and see you around!
  • Like 1

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

Heyy, late check in! 
this weekend was kinda slow.. I wasn't able to do all I wanted because I went to the beach, to a concert, and the bed was soooo cozy today... but now I'm going dancing and tomorrow I'm playing a football match!

10639556_10154676548605591_3446795506863

Last night concert... awesome band Jeites, from Mar del plata and Necochea.

• Like 1

Jacques Yves Cousteau

Thanks!
just checking in, today is the second aniversary of my father's disease.. and the real reason I started to take care of myself. 

Since then I started eating healthier, excersing more.. and tried to worry less.. 
I'm not used to talk about this but today I felt like I needed to spit it out

• Like 2

Jacques Yves Cousteau

Caught up on your thread, glad to see you are doing well!

I actually climbed Mt. St. Helens when I was in college back in 2004, it was amazing! You could still see a little steam coming out of the crater once you reached the summit and looked down into it. I'm sure it will be a great experience for you to climb that mountain.

Caring for our health and ourselves is a legacy we pass down to our future, whether they be children, other family, friends, or even strangers. You are doing a great thing!

• Like 1

Brain-Building Assassin, a.k.a Radical Domestic Jill-of-All-Trades

Battle Log | Challenges: Current |18 |17 |16 |15 |14 |13 |12 |11 |109 | 87 | 65432 | 1  

Isaiah 40:30-31

heyyy
I was just going to check in after this weekend!

Saturday started nicee, warm.. spent the day at the beach and played a football match
Sunday was Mother's day here in Argentina, so we had a family lunch 

But luckily, I am able to get all or at least 2 of my 3 quests done everyday.. 

10730849_10154707946510591_2526668651222

PS: A picture of my mate sitting in the sand on one of the souths beaches before the cliffs!

• Like 1

Jacques Yves Cousteau

I love those carvings, very cool!  :)

I'm fond of collecting mates and this is my favourite!

How are you doing with your quests? What have you chosen to cook or eat to replace the junk food? Go week 6!

I'm doing better! I won't level up since I started so late but the problem with junk food is not that I don't cook, but more of if I have time or willpower to cook (I'm a great cook btw) 

• Like 2

Jacques Yves Cousteau

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines