Lady Hawk: Gearing for Flight

I know I'm a little late for the Sept 15 start, but I figure starting at all is good for my first challenge. I am currently 215lbs, which isn’t drastically overweight, however in my head it is a big problem.  I have become too self-conscious about my weight and as a result my confidence has greatly decreased. In the past fitness has helped me conquer that, and I want to get there again. I joined the rebellion because I need the support of my peers more than ever before, especially for the accountability.

Main Quest: To lose 60 lbs by this time next year

Quest 1: To complete 3 rounds of pushups, squats and planks 3x per week

A = 18 completed sessions (3 per week)

B = 12 completed sessions (2 per week)

C = 6 completed sessions (1 per week)

Quest 2: To walk or swim 30 min 5x per week

A = 30 min for 30 days

B = 30 min for 25 days

C = 30 min for 20 days

Quest 3: To avoid sugars, especially candy and chocolate

A = 0 candy

B = 1x per week

C = 2x per week

Motivation: To gain confidence and appreciation in myself, so that when I look in the mirror at home I think “Damn woman, you are fine!†rather than “Meh… that’ll doâ€.

• Like 2

"What do you fear?" "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire." ~ The Two Towers

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. ~ Earl Nightingale

Accountability is my HUGEST obstacle.  I've tried and failed maybe a zillion times in the past because I just wouldn't hold myself accountable.  This community is absolutely amazing and with everyone cheering me on I'm doing things I never thought I'd do!!  Everyone here is so helpful and motivating, not like other forums or boards where people can get snarky or try to be 'better' than someone else.  And if I get a little lazy and consider skipping a workout... I just think... my NF pals are working so hard, so I have to, too!  IT HELPS! XD

Welcome and good luck!  I'm cheering you on! :D

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

So today was a day of mixed emotions, feelings and the inevitable headache that follows. I found out that in 3 weeks I will be out of work.  I don't love my job, but I do like the consistency of knowing my bills are paid and things are ok. This change ups my challenges to a new high - especially because food (more specifically "feel-good" food - for me chocolate) tends to rear its head.  However, the knot in my stomach made it hard to eat most of the day... which left me with a headache... which often brings be down - but I'm trying my darndest to be positive! I got a couple good leads toward a new job as well, so it was a good day by the end of it... but now I'm exhausted!

Quest 1: didn't get my exercises in - but my head hurts too much already, the thought of pumping more blood through it makes it hurt more

Quest 2: didn't get my walk in today - but tomorrow's a new day and I'm not gonna let this get me down!

Quest 3: I made it through the whole day and didn't eat any "comfort food" - no candy or chocolate for this girl!! Woot Woot! Success

I think I need to do my exercises in the morning - I'm tired at the end of the day but a walk would do me good then.  Guess its time to change the alarm on the clock.

"What do you fear?" "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire." ~ The Two Towers

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. ~ Earl Nightingale

Way to go Lady Hawk! You are a strong person for looking at the positives in life and even stronger for trying to strive forward. I hope tomorrow morning is brighter for you. That is a really cruddy day.

Thanks! I find that being positive is so much better than stressing out. I know I don't respond good to stress... so better to find ways to smile :) Like watching my cat chase her tail and hide around the corner from it :) lol

Tomorrow's another day full of surprises. Having this happen now could lead to opportunities I never would have otherwise found. It'll all work out

• Like 1

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about your job!! But you're right, this is a chance for new opportunities to show up and bring you to a new level of AWESOME!! :)

Good luck and please keep us posted!  If you need a high five we're all here cheering for you. :D

• Like 1

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

»  kom starkru

Woo!  Keep fighting the good fight against those chocolate bunnies, Lady.

When I wanted to get up earlier in the morning, I found it helpful to do it in increments. So for the first few days I set my alarm ten minutes earlier and did ten minutes of stretches, then fifteen, etc. It helped me adjust without the jarring feeling of 'oh noes I am up an hour earlier than usual'.

• Like 1

Level 0 Adventurer

Battle Log Intro Thread Current Challenge

I want to turn your name to Ladyhawke as I love that film! 

Any who ...  accountability is a major theme here and were are groups to help with that. I'll see about stopping by and poking you :)

• Like 1

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37
Current Challenge : ----

Tomorrow's another day full of surprises. Having this happen now could lead to opportunities I never would have otherwise found. It'll all work out

How could I have possibly known! First thing this morning I got asked for an interview with a company that could be a very good move for me... I know this place is supposed to be about fitness... but this is part of the fitness of my mind :) so I think it still applies. Tomorrow I go for my interview - and then who knows what the future holds! I'm so excited!! Positive awesomeness happening

When I wanted to get up earlier in the morning, I found it helpful to do it in increments. So for the first few days I set my alarm ten minutes earlier and did ten minutes of stretches, then fifteen, etc. It helped me adjust without the jarring feeling of 'oh noes I am up an hour earlier than usual'.

That's a great idea. I sleep in with a 10 min snooze - maybe time to turn that around

I want to turn your name to Ladyhawke as I love that film! 

Any who ...  accountability is a major theme here and were are groups to help with that. I'll see about stopping by and poking you :)

Thanks! I love that movie too! plus hawks are some of my favourite birds - and I've always loved the idea of flying :)

You guys are awesome here! Feeling the support like mad and loving it! My positivity meter is off the charts!!! I'm falling a little behind in my challenge goals, so those pokes you're talking about... well, thanks in advance ;)

That is awesome about the job opportunities I wish you luck! Sorry to hear about the goals, but focus on the positive right? What did you stay strong with?

Yes, for me right now positivity IS the key.  Too often in the past my mind turns negative when things get rough, but right now I can feel the positivity rushing through! Its quite exhilarating!!  I've been strong with my eating.  In the past when things are rough I turn to my comfort foods. I haven't been doing that at all since I joined you wonderful people - and I'm so proud of myself! Cleansing the sugar out of my body has always been tough - but with your support I'm seeing it happen! There's halloween candy in the house and I haven't touched it :) Plus I've been eating healthy meals (not entirely paleo, which I'd like to get to, but that's for the next challenge). And as a result my weight has already come down. Feeling great and looking forward to what I'm going to accomplish next!

• Like 2

It is good you are thinking of going in small increments. I too want to slowly merge how much I eat (calorie counting) with what I eat.. Congrats on staying away from that Halloween candy! I hope today was just as successful. On a side note I like your signature. It makes me want to re-read that book.

• Like 1

ErikaisEpic

Level: 1 | Chubby Wood-Elf

STR:0 | DEX:0 | STA:1 | CON:0 | WIS:0 | CHA:0

Challenge: Level One: Attacking the Flammable Skeletons

Hey Lady Hawk! How is the progress going?

My goals are going ok. Well, actually, one of them is going ok, the other two need a lot more work! My eating is getting better, but my exercising and walks... haven't really happened as I'd hoped. But it's only week one of the challenge, and I can't let that get me down! so today it's nice and bright outside - the perfect weather to go for a walk. My brain gets thinking too much sometimes... and with the job chaos that happened this week I've let that get in my foreground. Instead I need to refocus back on myself, and though the job search is part of that, my own fitness increases my confidence which in turn will help with the job hunt because I'll believe in myself more. Strange how putting this out to people I've never met actually makes me want to get started! Thanks for the check in! I needed that :)

• Like 2

Got my walk in today! Woot woot! Early to bed to get lots of rest to pursue more awesomeness tomorrow

• Like 1

Yeah, MOAR AWESOMENESS!!!

2013-06-24-year-end-gifs-ustream-catdown

• Like 1

»  kom starkru

Once again Steve hits the nail on the head with his articles - http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2014/10/09/if-you-start-go-all-the-way - time for this nerd to really go all the way and see what exciting adventures lie ahead!

• Like 1

Yep yep! Gotta keep walking and pushing forward, Sam. Otherwise you will never know what brilliant change is around the corner.

The Road goes ever on and on

Down from the door where it began.

Now far ahead the Road has gone,

And I must follow, if I can,

Pursuing it with eager feet,

Until it joins some larger way

Where many paths and errands meet.

And whither then? I cannot say.-Bilbo

• Like 1

ErikaisEpic

Level: 1 | Chubby Wood-Elf

STR:0 | DEX:0 | STA:1 | CON:0 | WIS:0 | CHA:0

Challenge: Level One: Attacking the Flammable Skeletons

Yep yep! Gotta keep walking and pushing forward, Sam. Otherwise you will never know what brilliant change is around the corner.

The Road goes ever on and on

Down from the door where it began.

Now far ahead the Road has gone,

And I must follow, if I can,

Pursuing it with eager feet,

Until it joins some larger way

Where many paths and errands meet.

And whither then? I cannot say.-Bilbo

LOL - love this!!! Just got the audio books for The Hobbit and LOTR. Went for my 30 min walk today and started listening to The Hobbit. Got totally into the story that it turned into an hour long walk! Definitely going to keep going with that! Another win for LOTR

post-32921-0-54756200-1413146908_thumb.g

• Like 2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines