Lady Hawk: Gearing for Flight

Haha that is a great way to do it! I don't know if you have ever read about it but check this out if you get the chance:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/07/23/walking/

It gives you links that allow you to measure your distance traveled in the best way. I think you might enjoy it.

• Like 1

ErikaisEpic

Level: 1 | Chubby Wood-Elf

STR:0 | DEX:0 | STA:1 | CON:0 | WIS:0 | CHA:0

Challenge: Level One: Attacking the Flammable Skeletons

LOL - love this!!! Just got the audio books for The Hobbit and LOTR. Went for my 30 min walk today and started listening to The Hobbit. Got totally into the story that it turned into an hour long walk! Definitely going to keep going with that! Another win for LOTR

I used to walk w/ Dresden Files audio books ... yeah they can make you keep walking and walking as you don't want to stop listening :)

• Like 1

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 
Current Challenge : # 38 Strickland5 respawns

So week two has started out well - I got my exercises and walk in yesterday! Definitely feeling a little tender today. Didn't eat any candy or chocolate, but did have a jam sandwich... still feels like a successful start. Now to keep it going for the rest of this week and the next 4...

Thanks guys for your support!

ErikaisEpic... Thanks for that post about walking to Mordor... I'm definitely going to start charting how much I'm covering!

• Like 3

"What do you fear?" "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire." ~ The Two Towers

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. ~ Earl Nightingale

Woo hoo!  One day at a time!  I did a 3 mile walk this weekend, it's a lot of work!!   :nightmare:  Show that candy who's boss! :)

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

Thanks for the continued encouragement!! It's awesome knowing I can come here and be uplifted by wonderful people like all of you!

Yesterday was pretty good - I went swimming instead of walking and it was good. Didn't swim lengths like I intended, but I did stay in the deep end the whole time, so when I wasn't doing lenth-type swims I was treading water. It was good.

I've been able to stay away from the chocolate and candy and now that I think of it I don't really crave it anymore! Woo Hoo!! But I'm craving saltier food (ie. chips) instead. I want to eat only what I need to but it's hard to say no when my stomach is growling late at night... any tips?

• Like 1

"What do you fear?" "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire." ~ The Two Towers

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. ~ Earl Nightingale

Chips are my weakness... sour cream & onion.... yumm.... UGH.  I can't keep them in the house or else I would have a bag a day, I swear!!

My go-to for cravings is tea - I'll make a cup of tea and if I still have the craving after THAT, I'll indulge in a few pieces of sea salt popcorn.  ( Popcorn is one of my common snacks lately, there are a lot of low cal better-for-you brands out there now, like Boom Chicka Pop :D )

• Like 2

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

»  kom starkru

If you can don't even buy them. This is sort of a if you live on your own tip, but out of sight out of mind, right? If not you can try calorie counters. They would let you eat the chips but only a few, which is nice. The tea idea is a cool one, though. Helps water intake and cravings, very clever.

ErikaisEpic

Level: 1 | Chubby Wood-Elf

STR:0 | DEX:0 | STA:1 | CON:0 | WIS:0 | CHA:0

Challenge: Level One: Attacking the Flammable Skeletons

Chips are my weakness... sour cream & onion.... yumm.... UGH.  I can't keep them in the house or else I would have a bag a day, I swear!!

My go-to for cravings is tea - I'll make a cup of tea and if I still have the craving after THAT, I'll indulge in a few pieces of sea salt popcorn.  ( Popcorn is one of my common snacks lately, there are a lot of low cal better-for-you brands out there now, like Boom Chicka Pop :D )

If you can don't even buy them. This is sort of a if you live on your own tip, but out of sight out of mind, right? If not you can try calorie counters. They would let you eat the chips but only a few, which is nice. The tea idea is a cool one, though. Helps water intake and cravings, very clever.

I'm really going to have to get into this tea thing! Actually I do have lots of tea leaves for different kinds here, but they aren't organized well since the move, so that'll be my weekend project - organize my tea better so I know what I have so I can drink it more often. Thanks guys!!

So yesterday I felt sluggish... and frustrated by work and waiting to hear back from my interview last week (I really want that job!)... and basically just unmotivated. But then I thought of being able to post here what I actually did and bingo! back on track :) you guys rock!!

I ate pretty well - but now I'm realizing that I'm likely eating too many calories... time to start counting calories so I can at least be more consciously aware of what I'm putting in my body I think.

I completed my exercises! Nothing too extreme right now - just working on some basic body-weight movements (primarily squats and pushups) so I can build up the habit of regular exercise. I overdid the squats the last time, so I was still quite sore - didn't do as many as before, but still got 3 good sets completed :) I didn't get my walk in, but I already have plans to go with a buddy tonight.

• Like 2

Good friends are the bomb to work out with. Highly recommended!

Not had too much opportunity for this - and even less since I moved a few months ago to a place where I knew no one. So guess I'll have to use this as an excuse to meet someone new :) I've tended to be a solo-workout girl in the past, and it does work for me, but I need to get the habit started... working on that - and getting there thanks in large part to the support from here!

• Like 2

Had a fantastic swim session today! combination of lengths, treading water, leg lifts - it's a learning curve but by the end of it I felt like I had a work out. Working against the water resistance is an interesting experience. Worth the repeat :) and then to relax all the muscles in the hot tub... Feeling good!

• Like 1

So didn't mean to fall off the radar like this... but so many changes in the last week and half that I didn't have enough time in the day!

Good news: I got the job I wanted and finished my previous job off with a positive note! woot woot!!

Bad news: Fitness routines and diet have suffered greatly because all my focus has been on work stuff - lots and lots of paperwork! But now time to regroup and get back out there!

• Like 2

YEAH for positive job changes!! And you'll start kicking fitness butt whenever you're ready! :D

• Like 1

»  kom starkru

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines