I promised myself I would do this so here it is. I know I only have three weeks, but I started out small so maybe then I will upgrade my quest. I know the six week=habit idea, but if I do really well maybe I shall move forward! I think I need some counsel on that. I have been trying to loose weight for a while and I am hoping that this community will push me into keeping my promises. I know it is not all up to them, obviously, but I know now I need more assistance, more motivation!

Starting Point: Chubby Wood-Elf

Height: 5’6â€

Weight: 170lbs

Goal: 145lbs

Main Quest: To seek the Holy Grail/ To loose 35lbs

My smart quests:

1. Log at least three days of calories in myfitness pal
  2. Work out two times a week
  3. Increase water intake to six cups a day (It’s ridiculous how unhealthy I am about this one)

Life Quest:

Get a job to support education (and mainly groceries)

Motivation:

To wipe the smug expression off my roommates face and to feel more confident in my life. To be able to bend over and grab something without having a dilemma, to feel and act as confident as I have the potential to be, to do my cousin proud, and to feel happier in general.

• Like 1

ErikaisEpic

Level: 1 | Chubby Wood-Elf

STR:0 | DEX:0 | STA:1 | CON:0 | WIS:0 | CHA:0

Challenge: Level One: Attacking the Flammable Skeletons

Today I did really well.

I logged all of my calories. Normally I cheat pretty horribly. I worked out. My work out buddies had things to do so I had to do it alone, which was fine. The only drawback turned out to be strength training. I got shy about running in there alone, but I pushed myself inside and I managed to do decently well (Still not as well as I normally do). My water consumption is still awful. Hopefully I can get in one more glass, but even then my total is only three. I will get there!

My 'Life Quest' won't have any improvement tonight. I have a paper due and several mid-terms to prepare for, but tomorrow I will have time and I can find a new business to harass. :pride:

ErikaisEpic

Welcome! For me, a good and faithful workout buddy (usually just one) has been a key factor. I tend to want to just take a day off, and a good buddy will at least get me to a slow start. That's usually enough, though, because once you're out there you might as well do it, right?

Good luck on your short quest!

• Like 1

"Magic?" the old man replied, his raspy voice curling around the pipe like smoke,

"There's no such thing as that; not the way they mean...

There's sight, there's wisdom, and there's motion.

The rest is just...seeing what happens."

I think you are right having someone else is great. I think I should probably stop trying to take on so many people. I am nearing three work-out buddies because I have a tendency to get really enthusiastic about helping people loose weight with me, but at some point I need to consider my own strain.

Today it is the same story! I counted my calories, easily. Having to report how well I did affected me really positively. I didn't work out, but I am planning to jump back tomorrow. I hear it is good to wait a day between strength training so today was my rest day. The water goal was completed today! I sort of forced it in at the last second. I know I should bring a water bottle to school, but I never wake up in time to prepare myself as well as I should.

I need some tips on staying awake after the first alarm goes off, honestly.

I am really happy this is going well so far. I am trying to support as many people as I can on this website, especially today. My roommate is attempting to buy me half of a TV because mine is too dinky. She wants me to pay for the other half after she finds a deal. Personally, I could do without a TV for months so having a small TV for my Xbox is not, in the slightest, a problem. However, my lack of confidence left me muttering my discontent. I think this quest will improve my attitude, my sense of lack-of-control (although this IS delusional), and my confidence therefor helping me in all aspects of life.

So...I am one step closer to becoming a more independent and strong person.

• Like 3

ErikaisEpic

My tip is to turn on a light. It's easy to do -- doesn't require getting out of the warm bed or any of that garbage, but it starts your brain thinking that it's daytime. When the light goes on, say 'click' and start waking your body up bit by bit: move the ankles, pump the knees, shrug the shoulders, etc.

That's what works for me, anyway.

Do you like your roommate? If so, maybe you could give her a gift of half of a TV. Then it's something you appreciate rather than resent?

• Like 1

"Magic?" the old man replied, his raspy voice curling around the pipe like smoke,

"There's no such thing as that; not the way they mean...

There's sight, there's wisdom, and there's motion.

The rest is just...seeing what happens."

My tip is to turn on a light. It's easy to do -- doesn't require getting out of the warm bed or any of that garbage, but it starts your brain thinking that it's daytime. When the light goes on, say 'click' and start waking your body up bit by bit: move the ankles, pump the knees, shrug the shoulders, etc. That's what works for me, anyway. Do you like your roommate? If so, maybe you could give her a gift of half of a TV. Then it's something you appreciate rather than resent?

Ah, you beat me to the buy each other half a TV idea. I do like these little changes of perspective.

Your idea for waking up is one I hadn't heard before and will be trying out.

• Like 1

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and, whatever you hit, call it the target."

My tip is to turn on a light. It's easy to do -- doesn't require getting out of the warm bed or any of that garbage, but it starts your brain thinking that it's daytime. When the light goes on, say 'click' and start waking your body up bit by bit: move the ankles, pump the knees, shrug the shoulders, etc.

That's what works for me, anyway.

Do you like your roommate? If so, maybe you could give her a gift of half of a TV. Then it's something you appreciate rather than resent?

The light idea is awesome! I have a lamp that has been lying around so I will try that tomorrow. I do like my roommate. Hmmm and that would change my perspective. I will think about this. Thank you, both of you.

• Like 1

ErikaisEpic

Today I was acceptable, but not perfect. I counted all of my calories but I consumed a bit too much. I went to the gym and did a lot of stuff. I got up to 65lbs for bicep curls, but I think I can do more than that. I also got up to 122.5lbs for crunches! Pretty exciting. Water goal was met (thanks to my roommate insisting I play cribbage with her. Very fun), but failed on calorie counting. Those cupcakes finally got me :/ Plugging in light tonight hopefully all will go well. Life quest news! I have some new leads on a job! Hopefully I can snag one.

• Like 2

ErikaisEpic

I tried that light idea today and it worked marvelously. Today was sort of a let loose day since I did a lot of adventuring (visiting my parents, because my mom is about to play in a local symphony). Tomorrow will be a little bit more industrious.

• Like 1

ErikaisEpic

Today I was acceptable, but not perfect. I counted all of my calories but I consumed a bit too much. I went to the gym and did a lot of stuff. I got up to 65lbs for bicep curls, but I think I can do more than that. I also got up to 122.5lbs for crunches! Pretty exciting. Water goal was met (thanks to my roommate insisting I play cribbage with her. Very fun), but failed on calorie counting. Those cupcakes finally got me :/ Plugging in light tonight hopefully all will go well. Life quest news! I have some new leads on a job! Hopefully I can snag one.

Congrats on the progress so far! My trick for drinking enough water is to have a 24oz bottle close by at all times. That way I go for it when instead of snacking or if I'm bored or just because it's there. I find if I have that nearby I drink a lot more water then when I don't. Good luck with the job hunt! I feel your struggle as I'm also in the hunt. Keep up the awesomeness!! you got this :)

• Like 1

"What do you fear?" "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire." ~ The Two Towers

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. ~ Earl Nightingale

Comment accepted. Introducing the new almighty Tardis water bottle that has been lying around my house for months. Hopefully, because I am a proud nerd, I will be more likely to drink from this. Thank you for the suggestion and I will tell you if it works!

• Like 1

ErikaisEpic

GG. K.O. As easy as beating the last boss in Fable 2. Tardis made it happen. The counting calories went horribly. I ended up walking with some friends who had a sudden hankering for a huge brownie with hot fudge ice cream. Tomorrow I WILL get up to three days, though! I know me, I got this. Thank you guys for your support. Toxophilite thank you for chiming in! Journeyman I have started waking up bright and early now and with that time I have started to take up Yoga :) so thank you! Lady Hawk you have just been all around a very supportive person. Thank you for the water bottle comment and thank you for all the support elsewhere. I hope all of you succeed in your challenges and I hope to repay the kindness you guys are doing me by supporting you in the future.

(I feel like I am thanking too much, but I really do mean it.)

• Like 3

ErikaisEpic

One of my favourite things about this commmunity is being able to experience people's first few steps towards becoming a better version of themselves :)

You're doing great, keep up the good work.

• Like 3

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and, whatever you hit, call it the target."

(I feel like I am thanking too much, but I really do mean it.)

I totally understand!!! The incredible support from this community is awesome! There's a place and time for thanks :) somewhat ironically it's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada - so your comment is totally in line ;) lol. And I have thanks right back to you for all your awesome support too! Thanks Frodo ;)

ps - keep strong in your challenges! you got this :D

• Like 2

"What do you fear?" "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire." ~ The Two Towers

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. ~ Earl Nightingale

Sunday was a success!

Not only did I count my calories meaning I have reached two of my goals 100% this week, but I also went to a symphony for the first time (sadly, I spent a lot less time admiring the more subtle arts of the music and much more time imagining Stormtroopers marching...it's a nerd thing I suppose) I have only met water for the four days but I think that will improve overall good day!

• Like 1

ErikaisEpic

1. Increase water intake to six cups a day (It’s ridiculous how unhealthy I am about this one)

I have the same issue and also adding it as one of my goals.

Here's a great way to drink more water, more consistently:

water-670x1045.jpg

• Like 1

Chris Brooks

<Chris2Brooks>

Level 1 (RESPAWNED) - Elf Assassin

STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Blog | Pinterest | LinkedIn | Twitter | Duolingo

Heyy! You're doing well!!

I don't have any tips to drink more water! Here we are usually drinking water, tea, mate.. so you normally accomplish the goal without much thinking!
But I have some friends that add some lemon juice to the water because they don't like it the taste (?)

• Like 1

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

My own page!  // Instagram

That's a good idea as well. I have some tea I need to use. I should see how it tastes and use that strategy as well. So far having my water with me has been really effective as long as I don't put it in my school bag. The problem now is pacing myself so I don't need to use the facilities during a mid-term (oops).

• Like 2

ErikaisEpic

One day done for calorie counting and water. Tomorrow is the gym dun dun dunnnnnnn.

Sounds like you're on the right track! Keep up the awesome!!! you'll kick ass at the gym - your own ;)

• Like 2

Did decently well in the gym! Got a lot of millage (9.98 miles closer to Mordor!). Not so much in strength training. I am not sure why, but I was really exhausted today. I shouldn't have been, but I was. Water consumptions has ceased to be a problem. Yesterday I drank more than 8 and today I reached 8 without even thinking about it. I am putting my tea in there which helps the taste (Thank you jcmgm). I don't even think I need the reminders now (even though it was a really cool idea). I think just in case I will put one on my phone at 12pm that says something silly like 'only well hydrated gamers level-up' (but we all know that isn't true). Waking-up stretches still works like a charm. Counted calories, no problem. I keep going over, but since my goal is only to create the habit of keeping record of my intake and not yet to make sure I am below my calorie goal I will still count it. On the life quest front!

My sister-in-law sent me a job request for dressing up as a Disney princess and dancing and singing at children's birthday parties....I like it....I don't know. It would be interesting, but I feel like I am not really aesthetically Disney Princess material. Nor am I fantastic at singing things other than blues, but...I do like kids...

Well, hey, what is life without a few risks? It would be fun to tell people on the weekends I'm a princess. :)

• Like 1

ErikaisEpic

My sister-in-law sent me a job request for dressing up as a Disney princess and dancing and singing at children's birthday parties....I like it....I don't know. It would be interesting, but I feel like I am not really aesthetically Disney Princess material. Nor am I fantastic at singing things other than blues, but...I do like kids...

Well, hey, what is life without a few risks? It would be fun to tell people on the weekends I'm a princess. :)

That's awesome! It's great to try something you never thought you would. And the kids will be super excited to see a Disney princess - they won't care about the things we worry about (ie. aesthetic material). If you can wear the dress and play the role you'll benefit too :)

• Like 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines