SirCharlesWatson with the (late) running start!

Introduction: Hi, I'm SirCharlesWatson and this is technically my second challenge, but I completely failed the first one. My first challenge was in January I think. I started it and then got lost in the shuffle. This challenge however, I'm kind of doing a running start. I joined a weight loss competition that started a week after the NF challenge started so I'm going to count the rest of this challenge as a whole challenge. My wife and I are both in the weight loss competition so it's a good motivator to do it with her. We've been tracking all of our calorie intake and exercising a lot more.

I have worked as a software developer for the past year and that has taken an extreme toll on my health. In January, I weighed in at 220, and by June, I was 260. My mental and physical health was very quickly going down the drain. However, I just lost my job a couple weeks ago, which, oddly enough, I felt was a blessing. I've had a lot of time to focus on getting my health better and I feel fantastic compared to how I felt at that job.

So, that leads me to my goals...

Main Quest: My main quest is to get down to 200lbs.

When I started the weight loss competition, I was 264.4lbs. Last week I was at 254.4. I changed my diet this past week so that I am eating my TDEE - 25% and consequently, I gained a little bit of weight and as of this morning, I am at 256.2 after peaking at about 258. So, ultimately I want to get down to around 200. I anticipate that number will change as I exercise more because, as we all know, muscle weighs more than fat.

I'm using 3 BF calculators to determine that my BF is around 27%. I am 6'2", so I'm reasonably tall.

Quest 1: Using the basic routine at startbodyweight.com I will exercise 3x/week (M,W,F)

Measurement: With 7 workout days left, each day will equal about 14%. I'll take 14% off of 100 for every day missed and round down to get my grade. A=100%, B=75%, C=50%, D=25%,F=0%

Reward: 
A = +3     STR, +1    CHA
B = +2     STR, +0.5 CHA
C = +1     STR
D = +0.5  STR

F = +0     STR

Quest 2: Using the static stretching routine at startbodyweight.com I will stretch at LEAST 5x/week (M-F)

Measurement: With 11 week days left (including today), each day will equal 9%. I'll take 9% off of 100 for every day missed and round down to get my grade. A=100%, B=75%, C=50%, D=25%,F=0%

Reward: 

A = +3    DEX, +1    STA
B = +2    DEX, +0.5 STA

C = +1    DEX

D = +0.5 DEX

F = +0     DEX

Quest 3: Using MyFitnessPal I will keep track of my daily calorie intake. (Every Day)

Measurement: With 17 days left, each day will equal about 6%. I'll take 6% off of 100 for every day missed and round down to get my grade. A=100%, B=75%, C=50%, D=25%,F=0%

Reward: 
A = +3      WIS, +1    STA
B = +2      WIS, +0.5 STA
C = +1      WIS
D = +0.5   WIS

F = +0      WIS

Life Quest: Complete 3 sections on AccountingCoach.com each week.

After my terrible experience with software development, I have decided to move on to something like Accounting that will be a little less taxing (No pun intended) on my brain. My focus is going to be on Bookkeeping. I'm using AccountingCoach.com to study and am currently on part 4 of the bookkeeping training which I will be starting on monday. I'm trying to keep weekends free from studying so i have time to focus on my wife.

Measurement: With 2 work weeks left, I'll need to complete 6 sections.

A = 6, B = 5, C = 4, D = 3, F = 2

Reward: 

A = +3      WIS

B = +2      WIS

C = +1      WIS

D = +0.5   WIS

F = +0      WIS

Motivation: I feel disgusting. Well, not as much anymore since I started the weight loss comp and have been eating much better. I was out of breath just going up the stairs. Part of my motivation is My wife, and my future children. I want to be healthy and be able to play with them and have the strength and stamina to go all day with them. I don't want to be one of those dads who just sits on the couch and watches them from the window. I want to be out playing with them. And for my wife, I want to be there to provide for her; I need to be healthy and I also need to have a good career that isn't detrimental to my health.

So that's a bit about me! Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope to see you guys around!

• Like 1

Level 2 - Dark Elf Assassin

[ STR1 DEXSTACONWISCHA]

Current Challenge: #3

Challenges: #2 #1

“Peace if possible. Truth at all costs.†

― Martin Luther â€•

Lose 60lbs (260 -> 200): Current weight = 260

0%
0%

Did the exercises earlier today. Still trying to get used to the proper form for each one. it took me about an hour and a half to get through everything. I'm not sure if that's long or not but I'm sure i'll get quicker as time goes on.

Stretching feels so great. A couple of the stretches however, either I'm doing them wrong or it's just not stretching (probably doing them wrong)

MyFitnessPal tracking calories is starting to become a habit for me. I've done it pretty much every day since Sep 22nd. Including weighing almost everything I eat with a food scale AND tracking calories from restaurants as well.

Overall, it's going pretty well so far.

[ STR1 DEXSTACONWISCHA]

― Martin Luther â€•

0%
0%

Glad to hear you are doing well. I am on MyFitnessPal as well. It reads as if you are doing fairly well there, but if you ever need the motivation feel free to send me a message and I can bug you about counting your calories (Nothing like nagging). Cool to see you came back and I hope to hear you keep doing well.

ErikaisEpic

Level: 1 | Chubby Wood-Elf

STR:0 | DEX:0 | STA:1 | CON:0 | WIS:0 | CHA:0

Challenge: Level One: Attacking the Flammable Skeletons

Hello nerds! 

So, I just bought a pair of Gymnastic Rings from Rogue Fitness. I'm super excited for them to get here. I also found (via google maps) a park not too far from my house (within walking distance) that I'm going to check out later today. Gunna see if I can do most or all of my workout there. Not sure yet if I want to endure through the possible -40° this winter while exercising outside, but we'll see. It's usually pretty clear outside during the winter. Just really cold. But if I start now, I may be able to build up enough tolerance.

I also plan on updating my progress bars later today after I get some work done.

mini-update: Saturday, my in-laws had a seafood boil and my wife and I also had to babysit her cousin's kids before that, so I pretty much missed the whole day of tracking my calories. Although I did track my breakfast and the protein shake I had. Also, yesterday my wife and i caved and got pizza for dinner. It was so delicious but my bowels didn't like it. They aren't used to the greasy food anymore. So I guess that's a win. I won't be eating much pizza from now on.  :tongue:

• Like 2

[ STR1 DEXSTACONWISCHA]

― Martin Luther â€•

0%
0%

There are a couple gyms but I don't have a job right now so we can't really afford to get a membership. But I just checked out the park and they have a couple sturdy basketball hoops that I can hang the rings on. So I may have to learn to endure the cold. There is a community center around here but I haven't been there, so I'm not sure if they'll have a place I can workout at. I know they have a pool, but I don't know how to swim haha.

• Like 1

[ STR1 DEXSTACONWISCHA]

― Martin Luther â€•

0%
0%

That would be great! I'd love to hear some tips about exercising outdoors during the winter.

[ STR1 DEXSTACONWISCHA]

― Martin Luther â€•

0%
0%

Your quests seem pretty reasonable and I liked how you organized your grading. I'm considering going back and tweaking mine now before the end of the 6WC just to get a better overall final evaluation.

Welcome to this 6WC, and way to keep it up so far! Looking forward to seeing how things go. =)

- Mobile communication granted.

Brain-Building Assassin, a.k.a Radical Domestic Jill-of-All-Trades

Battle Log | Challenges: Current |18 |17 |16 |15 |14 |13 |12 |11 |109 | 87 | 65432 | 1  

Isaiah 40:30-31

Hey everyone! Today went well!

I got my gymnastic rings in the mail from Rogue Fitness. Also my fat is starting to get softer, which is a good sign that I'll be losing more weight soon.

Also, I have my workout routine on a google spreadsheet which I am going to share here. You'll be able to see what I'm doing and my progress if you'd like.

My workout routine and progress

• Like 2

[ STR1 DEXSTACONWISCHA]

― Martin Luther â€•

0%
0%

IDK about the dressmyrun thing. I put in -40° and it gave me the same stuff as 0 and none of it looked very warm. haha.

The assisted pull ups are HARD. I know that they're working though. :)

• Like 1

[ STR1 DEXSTACONWISCHA]

― Martin Luther â€•

0%
0%

How are you doing? Still good on those goals?

The second half of last week (Thursday - Sunday) didn't go so well. I didnt track my calories on Fri, Sat, or Sun. :/ and I also didn't get my 3rd workout in for last week and didnt get all of my stretching in.

BUT!

I got to catch up with a lot of friends. We went to a barbecue on friday night and then a bonfire saturday night and sunday was a good lounging/relaxation day.

So, it's a new week. Gunna hit it hard this week and I'm not worried about the bump in the road. 

• Like 1

[ STR1 DEXSTACONWISCHA]

― Martin Luther â€•

0%
0%

Got my workout in today. It felt great after having a 4 day break. Also was able to get all of my food logged for the day. 

• Like 1

[ STR1 DEXSTACONWISCHA]

― Martin Luther â€•

0%
0%

Barbeque and bonfire? Yes, I understand your dilemma that sounds really fun. Way to go throwing yourself back into it, keep it up :)

It was delicious! However, I seem to not be losing any weight. Idk if it just stuck on more than normal from that food or not. I'm back up to 257 and I was at 252.

Update: I did not workout yesterday (usually I work out MWF) and I'm usually busy on thursdays but today I made myself get up at 4:30 so I would have time to get in my mid-week workout. Next one will be Saturday instead of the normal friday.

Also, for my life goal, I don't remember how many sections I've I had previously studied so I'm not really 100% sure on my progress with that. I should have written it down. Whoops! Let that be a lesson for next time.

I've been keeping up with tracking calories but not enough with stretching. The off days of my workout are what get me. I don't feel like doing anything on those days.

• Like 1

[ STR1 DEXSTACONWISCHA]

― Martin Luther â€•

0%
0%

I started creating my goals and spreadsheets to start tracking the next challenge and decided that I don't like the way I am grading myself this round so I modified it a bit. I'm including a link to the new grading system for the current challenge.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11qA3zhluBGmjERoTNwKwb0IRU0CBVPeKI6RjfVHuIgM/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 1

[ STR1 DEXSTACONWISCHA]

― Martin Luther â€•

0%
0%

Alright, so I've updated my signature with my final scores. Not as good as I had hoped. But I'm really looking forward to the next challenge. I'm gunna conquer that beast and come out better than I was before!

• Like 1

[ STR1 DEXSTACONWISCHA]

― Martin Luther â€•

0%
0%

Final Check-in

Hello everyone! First of all, wanted to say thanks to the people who kept checking up on me. It really helped to keep me motivated at times.

I ended up created a spreadsheet of my score chart, so I will post that link here. It's a lot nicer to look at than typing everything out.

Overall, I felt like I did pretty well. even though I didn't score as high as I wanted to. It was a great experience and I'm super excited for the next challenge. 

• Like 1

[ STR1 DEXSTACONWISCHA]

― Martin Luther â€•

0%
0%

Great job finishing out a challenge! I will see you next challenge in the assassin guild! Don't forget to link your battle log from the main forum in your signature so we can keep track of what you do in the meantime!

Brain-Building Assassin, a.k.a Radical Domestic Jill-of-All-Trades

Battle Log | Challenges: Current |18 |17 |16 |15 |14 |13 |12 |11 |109 | 87 | 65432 | 1  

Isaiah 40:30-31

Great job finishing out a challenge! I will see you next challenge in the assassin guild! Don't forget to link your battle log from the main forum in your signature so we can keep track of what you do in the meantime!

I actually don't currently have a battle log. :P Whoops. I felt it kinda pointless to have a thread here and a battle log as well. But maybe I'll start one just for the in-between stuff.

• Like 1

[ STR1 DEXSTACONWISCHA]

― Martin Luther â€•

0%
0%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines