Starting Level 1 [Ohm Rider]

Ohm Rider

Long story short, I've really slacked these past two weeks. 

However, I have lost 10 lbs since I started Level 0. After those first 3 weeks, I could finally fit into a pair of pants I bought months ago (the smaller end of size 10).

Considering what's worked and what's fallen through so far, I decided to start Level 1 yesterday. And I'm giving myself 6 weeks to complete the level rather than the standard 3. 

My original Master Quest was to fit into size 8 pants, simply because I figured it would be a good mark for showing my general health progress. Yesterday I changed it to running a half marathon on January 18.

I've never run for the sake of running. However, the night before I decided to join Nerd Fitness I had a dream in which I was running through a city, and it was pure elation. Then last week I noticed The Oatmeal's The Terrible and Wonderful Reasons Why I Run Long Distances and read the whole thing in the store. I bought it that night and looked up local runs.

So, my new goals are:

1. Stick with my non lactose/glucose diet. I'm doing fairly well thus far, but I still try to convince myself it's okay to eat the pizza. 

2. Run every day I don't have work, and get a good muscle workout in at least once a week (free weights, yoga). Twice is awesome.

3. Drink a full water bottle every day. It's something that still slips my mind. 

• Like 1

Ohm Rider

Level 3 Hobbit Scout

STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 8 | CON 7 | WIS 5 | CHA 6

Uber Quests: Ironman 70.3 in Norway / Ironman World Championship in Kona / Pacific Crest Trail

Next Step: Duathlon Oct 18

Run 2 miles w/o slowing

70%
70%

Bike 10 miles 

80%
80%

*After reading the leveling up and stat points information again, I think I will just level up at the end of these next three weeks. That way I'm staying within the standard system better. Also, I might choose to be more specific with my goals when I reach Level 2 since I'll have been running for a little while.

Ohm Rider

Level 3 Hobbit Scout

Uber Quests: Ironman 70.3 in Norway / Ironman World Championship in Kona / Pacific Crest Trail

Run 2 miles w/o slowing

70%
70%

Bike 10 miles 

80%
80%

Ohm! Welcome aboard!

A half marathon sounds great! I completed one last year and certainly it was a life experience (though my body hurt for a week and a half after that...)

Are you taking any specific training?

Good luck and see you around!

Programmer, Electronic circuits designer, Ultimate Frisbee lover, Photography enthusiast

Third time "first" 4 week challenge |  Follow me on Runkeeper - Facebook - Instagram

No, I'm not taking any specific training. I don't know what kind of training is out there.

Ohm Rider

Level 3 Hobbit Scout

Run 2 miles w/o slowing

70%
70%

Bike 10 miles 

80%
80%

Uhm, you can check this app. I use it to create plans for specific target distances and dates.

http://gip.is

It works awesome with a Runkeeper account, but is not necessary.

Still, have you run anything like 10k before? January 18 might be a bit soon if you're totally not in shape, just be cautious ;)

Programmer, Electronic circuits designer, Ultimate Frisbee lover, Photography enthusiast

Third time "first" 4 week challenge |  Follow me on Runkeeper - Facebook - Instagram

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines