Jumpin in Feet First

I've been reading posts on Nerd Fitness for a few weeks now and just started lurking the boards last week. I've decided its time that I take the leap and get my feet wet.

So here's my story:

I started running in 5th grade and joined the High School Cross-Country team in 8th grade. I was on the varsity team all through out High School. I PR'd my Junior year with a 16:35 for 5k. Right after the season ended my Junior year, my mother passed away and while I still ran my senior year, the passion I once had for running seemingly died with her. Fast forward five years and I am now 21, 20 pounds heavier than I would like, and can barely run a half mile without the need to cough up a lung. I've realized now that I have to stop living in the past and make my life worth something.

So, being a nerd and a re-awakened fitness fanatic, I've decided to join the rebellion. I downloaded the Rebel Running Guide a little over two weeks ago and have been participating in that particular challenge since Oct. 3rd. I'm hoping to get my life moving again, like it used to. No more sitting around at home watching Dexter and Psych re-runs and playing Skate 3 (nothing wrong with either of those unless it takes up 95% of your time like it does for me) while ordering a large pizza every night (while pizza is probably the greatest food ever invented, this is never good). My goals right now are simple. I want to start running consistently again and plan to run a half-marathon come next May. I will be incorporating Paleo aspects into my diet, a little bit at a time. (Any vegetarian Paleos here that could give me some advice)? I am also in the process of quitting smoking (okay, not simple but completely necessary and worth the struggle I am having and will undoubtedly have in the future) and am currently working on a couple of short stories that I will hopefully have published sometime next year :).

Kirby

Half-Elf Adventurer

STR-2 DEX-3 STA-2 CON-2 WIS-3 CHA-3

"Men do less than they ought, unless they do all they can."- Thomas Carlyle

Current Challenge: http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?13750-Kirby-Half-Elf-reporting-for-duty&p=200860#post200860