mitch_dee takes on the Academy and Life!

That’s right folks, it’s time……I am goin’ all in against the NF Academy, every class, every quest!!!  And before you jump in yes, I know it will take a long time beings I can barely do parallel bodyweight squats and some quest require 2x your body weight lifting.  But, that is why I am here, every workout, every meal, every night of sleep will be leading me down the path to take these quests out, rather 1 day, 1 year or 10 I will take them down.  I have set a rough outline on how to take these down, some have already been done due within the last two weeks when I first determined I would do this, but I am here because I need accountability.

That is where you come in, I need your help!  I have a very negative outlook on this world and a lot of self-hatred so face but under that is a guy that needs some encouragement, needs people to hold him accountable and needs people just to hear him bitch about something’s.  I know everyone on this site is crazy busy and we all have our own issues and demons to face, but that is one of the reasons we are here, is support….and for once I am flat out saying I need it.  Please stop by every now and then and hold me to these and any following words or goals that I make.  I have started to surround myself with encouraging and positive role models but I still stay recluse and really look to you all for most my inspiration.

I am planning on posting at least workout and confirmation of food tracking each day, but I hoping to add more if I have the time.  I will NOT stress if I miss a post one day, I will simply update later…..I say this cause this has been my past downfall, I miss a post, then 2, then say fuck it and stop.  Not this time cause you will call me on my shit and get me back in line!

Ok, I am going to stop talking and start completing quests.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Starting pics to come later.

Academy Level: 3

Starting Weight:  378.2 lbs

Neck: 19"

Biceps: L: 19" R: 19"

Wrists: L: 8" R: 7.5"

Chest: 57.5"

Waist: tape did not reach

Thighs: L: 30" R: 30"

• Like 1

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Current Quests

• Walk a Mile in My Shoes
  • 10 Lunges each leg (I have terrible balance on these)
  • 15 Min Walk
  • Veggie Powered
  • Go for a jog
  • Workout week 3-peat
  • Nerd Fitness Diet Level 2
  • High Quality H2O

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

VICTORIES!!!

aka: Completed Quests

• 5 min Walk
  • Beginner Plank
  • 10 Bodyweight Squats
  • 10 Knee Push-ups
  • 10 Incline Push-ups
  • 10 Bodyweight Rows
  • Imbrace Your Inner Noob
  • Pick Your "Path"
  • Take Measurements
  • Complete Home Workout
  • 10 Wall Push-ups 10/13/14
  • 25 BW Squats 10/13/14
  • 10 Assisted Split Squats 10/13/14
  • Intermediate Plank 10/13/14

Current Challenge

Day 1:

• tracked all food, ended at 2315 and almost even split between carb/fat/protein...will be making an effort the rest of the week to lower the high fat to cal ratio food (cheese, flour tortillas, etc).
  • BJJ training completed this morning - had a rough go of it at first, was really winded and tight, but happy with the movement of my knee on belly drills.
  • Modified workout this evening due to wifeDee commandeering my garage workout space and trying to complete some NFA quests.
    • 50 jumping jacks in 1 min
    • 10 wall Push ups, 22 knee pushups
    • 40 BW squats, I believe at least 5 of these were below parallel
    • 10 Split squats
    • 3, 30sec Planks

Ongoing Quests:

• Veggie Power 1/7
  • Water 1/5
  • Level 2 diet 1/7

It's been a pretty good day, I feel good about the day and I am hyped up to continue.  I also know that I always start strong so I am really focusing all of my activities as a way to improve for BJJ training.  I am hoping between my friends there and you all here that I will be encouraged to keep going until I see progress and then I hope that will be the final spark to really set me on track.....until then "fake it, till you make it"

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Day 2:

• Tracked all food, 2427 total, 177 over my target...would have been fine but for some reason I ate a second loaded bowl of soup at dinner when I would have just been fine with 1 bowl.  Fats were too high today, again, cheese and sour cream in 2nd bowl of soup were not needed, and the Well Fed Carnitas recipe was a little higher in fat than I realized.  Not freaking out over the the overage in the beginning due to the workouts, and the fact I am using this time to really gauge and adjust my intake.
  • BJJ training this morning = big sweaty mess

Ongoing Quests:

• Veggie Power 2/7
  • Water 2/5
  • Level 2 diet 2/7
  • Like 1

Current Challenge

Great start to the tracking of foods!

Thanks Seven!   That has been were I have always struggled the most, so I am really determined to stay on track (pun intended) and be truthful.  I believe my issues have been with food even when I thought I was doing well I have no proof to show what I was doing....and after just the last few days I can see where huge amounts of Cals were being brought in that I did not realize or think about. 

Right here to cheer you on :) You can do this! I will kick your ass if you give up. I'm gonna be so annoying.... ;)

yippie, I have a Koo to keep me in line!!

Current Challenge

Day 3:

• Food tracked: 2216 intake.  Learning that my brain is having trouble adjusting to the fact that I eat what I make and enough that I am satisfied....never realized just how big of a difference the intake amount was when I would eat until I felt full.  Stupid brain!
  • Training this morning was AL conditioning, brutal punishing conditioning work.  Bear crawls, crab walks...pretty much any animal named exercise can go to hell!
  • Modified workout due to over run garage:
    • 50 Jumping Jacks
    • 30 BW Squats....really need to film to see depth and form
    • 30 Knee Push-ups; last 10 with the midget on my back
    • 2, 30sec Plancks
    • 30 each leg Flutter kicks
    • 10 Leg Lift
    • 10 Reverse Sit-ups

Ongoing Quests:

• Veggie Power 3/7
  • Water 3/5
  • Level 2 diet 3/7

​

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Day 4 and 5 update will wait till tomorrow...busy and a rambunctious 2 year old. 

Current Challenge

**walks in, blows cartridge out, bounces it twice....hits reset**

Time to kick it back into gear.  Will resume tomorrow, for now a hot shower shave and a good night sleep.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

I overslept for the first time in I can't remember how long so I missed training today and it all went down hill from there. Spent the day job searching, which is really not helping me self esteem.....then the midget wanted pasta for lunch, que the binge.  Belly hurt too much from all the food so no added workout to replace the missed training this morning.  Oh well, move on forget it and hit it hard tomorrow. 

Current Challenge