Beard appreciation thread

Thank gods my boss understands that if he made me shave the beard off he'd get daily inspections on why does he have a minor working full time :D

196697_10150145042606483_699060_n.jpg?oh

So you have orange juice, but no handguns or first aid kit... I think your priorities are a bit off. :-)

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

3 months of not trimming. I am trying for the full beard now, but my genetics are against me.

10377078_10152398804596589_4508374556824

• Like 1

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

Alright, got two questions for you guys.  Does anyone here get their beard professionally trimmed (meaning, you don't do it yourself)? And if so, how long do you wait between trimmings?

I'm at almost 4 months of continual growth, only trimming I've done is the stache.  What worries me about getting the beard trimmed/shaped by someone else is how much they take off.  Kinda like if you get a haircut and ask them to take a little bit off the top..and all of a sudden you look like you're in the Marine Corps..I don't want to lose too much of this awesome growth, but I do know I've got split-ends that need removing.

• Like 1

Alright, got two questions for you guys.  Does anyone here get their beard professionally trimmed (meaning, you don't do it yourself)? And if so, how long do you wait between trimmings?

I'm at almost 4 months of continual growth, only trimming I've done is the stache.  What worries me about getting the beard trimmed/shaped by someone else is how much they take off.  Kinda like if you get a haircut and ask them to take a little bit off the top..and all of a sudden you look like you're in the Marine Corps..I don't want to lose too much of this awesome growth, but I do know I've got split-ends that need removing.

Trimming gets done by me, if I go to a barber I have em take the whole thing off.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

I haven't really trimmed mine with any regularity in years. That said, I had a kid at the end of the last year, and he's quite fond of grabbing it and pulling, so there's been a certain amount of evolution going on since then. I haven't decided yet whether I'll try to keep up the grooming he started once he grows out of that phase.

Level 1 Human Adventurer

STR:2 DEX:0 STA:2 CON:2 WIS:2 CHA:0

Current Challenge

Accountabilibuddies: Adventure into the Verse

Trimming gets done by me, if I go to a barber I have em take the whole thing off.

Unfortunately I have a very slight tremor in my right hand, so I don't trust myself to keep things even..lol..hence the need for a pro with a more steady hand.

I haven't really trimmed mine with any regularity in years. That said, I had a kid at the end of the last year, and he's quite fond of grabbing it and pulling, so there's been a certain amount of evolution going on since then. I haven't decided yet whether I'll try to keep up the grooming he started once he grows out of that phase.

Yeah, I'm pretty big on the cleaning/grooming..got a fair share of products for that.  My beard is very important to me.

I'm planning to get it shaped though, found a style that should work well with how my beard grows and isn't too far from the natural look.

Unfortunately I have a very slight tremor in my right hand, so I don't trust myself to keep things even..lol..hence the need for a pro with a more steady hand.

Ahhh... well the one I have has an adjustable guard on it. Set it to the length you want, then have at it. Might be an option...

My first challenge

Figure I should weigh in. 

First, about a year ago, I was sporting awesome mutton chops.  :)

IMG 0637

This is more what I look like now since it is a lot less work...

IMG 0940

• Like 1

"Whether or not you can never become great at something, you can always become better at it." -Neil DeGrasse Tyson

"I believe every human has a finite number of heartbeats. I don't intend to waste any of mine." - Neil Armostrong

Current ChallengeCrossFit Open Profile

It's been about 5 months. Only trimmed the stache. I haven't done any beard trimming or gone to anyone to get it done.