Beard appreciation thread

My guy is working on a coffee scented oil, I made the suggestion of adding some "leather" aroma to it..he's got an idea on that..I think it could work and hipsters would certainly love it.

Not just hipsters; I'm in the market to develop a quintissential 'Barbarian' beard oil and leather will feature prominently, alongside notes of (I'm thinking) wood, cedar or sandal, amber, and perhaps bourbon vanilla.  If I was take it a step forward and summon to mind a 'Dwarvish' blend it would feature cherry tobacco too.  I might have to start ordering my own scents and adding them to the essential oils at the barber shop.

Also, check these outs, folks.  If you're of a mind to fabricate your own beard oil blend, there might be some inspiration to be had here:  https://blackphoenixalchemylab.com/product-category/rpg-series/

Might as well geek out the beard oil too.  :P

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Not just hipsters; I'm in the market to develop a quintissential 'Barbarian' beard oil and leather will feature prominently, alongside notes of (I'm thinking) wood, cedar or sandal, amber, and perhaps bourbon vanilla.  If I was take it a step forward and summon to mind a 'Dwarvish' blend it would feature cherry tobacco too.  I might have to start ordering my own scents and adding them to the essential oils at the barber shop.

Also, check these outs, folks.  If you're of a mind to fabricate your own beard oil blend, there might be some inspiration to be had here:  https://blackphoenixalchemylab.com/product-category/rpg-series/

Might as well geek out the beard oil too.  :tongue:

Wonder what seductive satyr beard oil would smell like...

Futurama-Fry.jpg
  • Like 1

Had my barber add more cedarwood drops to my current beard oil, which was somewhat heavy on the amber and lemongrass notes.  Much more balanced now, much closer to the quintessential Barbarian scent I am seeking.  Needs another earthy note to balance the woodsy and exotic amber, I think.

Ah, it's a work in progress.  What can I say?

MB_Oil_Box_VectorFINAL02.jpg

Love it.

• Like 5

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

I can finally join this fine crew. Not my best beard shot, but only one I have so far

12651385_10153813710771427_1735875139252

• Like 6

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

They do grow faster that way. I like it.

• Like 3

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Also, if you need a reviewer, I'm down to donate my beard to the cause.

If shipping across the board wasn't abhorrently offensive, I would actually accept your offer there, my friend!

I can finally join this fine crew. Not my best beard shot, but only one I have so far

12651385_10153813710771427_1735875139252

Welcome, brother.  I had a feeling you would make an appearance eventually.

My beard came back so I watered it:

2dba8b4d833cace2936cb309ad6d6ae0.jpg

The higher quality the beer, the higher quality the beard.  ;)

• Like 3

My guy is working on a ... oil, ..I think it could work and hipsters would certainly love it.

Not just hipsters

But this requires the stretch that beard oil itself is not primarily confined to hipsterdom.

Outside of hipsters, in general few men partake in boutique male grooming products, especially the type that grow beards.

Mine is merely the byproduct of avoiding the nuisance that is shaving. And the wife likes it, at least when its short. I think she'd hit the floor if I suggested putting products in it.

• Like 1

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

But this requires the stretch that beard oil itself is not primarily confined to hipsterdom.

Outside of hipsters, in general few men partake in boutique male grooming products, especially the type that grow beards.

Mine is merely the byproduct of avoiding the nuisance that is shaving. And the wife likes it, at least when its short. I think she'd hit the floor if I suggested putting products in it.

If that makes me a hipster, I can live with the title.  After all, it wouldn't be in the best interests of most folks to say that to my face.  :P

• Like 3

.....yeah...I know some pretty badass dudes that are far from being hipsters and use beard oil and other grooming products.  Once word got out that women dig a clean soft beard..others caught on. ;)

• Like 1

.....yeah...I know some pretty badass dudes that are far from being hipsters and use beard oil and other grooming products.  Once word got out that women dig a clean soft beard..others caught on. ;)

Damn right we do!

Apprentice of Intent .  Lvl X Druidu Bronze IV

Epic Quest | Battle Log | Current Challenge

' Who has the time to stall reaching hus highest potential? Death tells me "I'm a fickle thing, and I see you." ' •Aerisand

Beard oiler here. Find mine gets brittle after shampooing it if I don't restore the oils, which leads to breakage and it not looking as full, especially around the bottom edges.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I've been trying to talk my SO into grooming product. After being on the bike his beard gets dry and weird with a fork in it! I am tempted to plait it when he goes out..........

I though with some type of product/oil it would help keep fizziness down and go back to being lustrous and awesome! :)

Try rosemary in it.  Should add some earthy tones.

I've been making my guy his oils for a few years now, he never would have bothered unless it was right in front of him. Definitely improved the over all hair quality, though I should probably switch up the essentials, been doing the same variations on sandlewood, eucalyptus et all.... I should see what else I have.

So far as using product,I think the oil was a gateway drug. He apparently started an exfoliating ritual that he does now once a week, secretly, under cover of closed doors. (I have no idea how long he's been doing this, maybe a few months.) Says it keeps the beard itch at bay, and damn that's some fine feeling skin afterwards.

• Like 1

Another fun thing about beard oil is the aroma therapy benefits. It's probably not the most manly smelling but I'm loving the mixture of Lavender, Lemongrass, and Eucalyptus.

Eucalyptus opens my sinuses, Lemongrass for it's antidepressant properties, and Lavender for the calming. It's really a nice smell when I close my eyes to meditate.

• Like 2

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

I actually had a beard.  It was a well-groomed 32 month old.  My wife convinced me to shave it off in the middle of January.

Freshly bare face + Oregon deep winter = Not happy Flagwaver

I started growing it back just after Valentine ’s Day.  It’s about a month old now.  I’m waiting until the 1st of April to go in and see my barber again (the guy has a perfect Doc Holiday mustache with a beard that matches).

I’ll post a close-up pic of my face (oh, the horror) after I get my trim.

For anyone interested, my friend finally got his business up and running.

http://battlebadgerbeard.bigcartel.com/

He only has the one oil for now, it's still my personal favorite.  I've actually found myself using it less frequently as the effects seem to last a few days which is rather nice.  It's honestly amazing the difference between this oil and it's top competition on Amazon.

Now I just need to score some more sample bottles to help him with new scents..I swear, that's the only reason I want to continue reviewing the products..lol

Since we are owned by three ( <3 ) cats and any beard balm *will* be transferred on them when cuddling (essential oils can be extremely poisonous to them) wife and I tried to research what essential oils would be cat-safe.

In the end she'll make the next batch with no essential oils at all I think.

STR: 2 / DEX: 2 / STA: 3 / CON: 2 / WIS: 3 / CHA: 3

PanHEMAphiliac.

Hmm, 1 oz huh? Trying to figure out how big a bottle that is compared to the one I have.

500 / 330 / 625

Since we are owned by three ( <3 ) cats and any beard balm *will* be transferred on them when cuddling (essential oils can be extremely poisonous to them) wife and I tried to research what essential oils would be cat-safe.

In the end she'll make the next batch with no essential oils at all I think.

Worst case scenario, coconut oil works fantastic in beards.  It can get a bit messy, even small amounts, so I would recommend applying it and letting it sit for a good while then washing it out.

Honestly, I can see if he'll do a scentless one without the essential oils..if one doesn't exist yet then it would make a nice little niche product.

Hmm, 1 oz huh? Trying to figure out how big a bottle that is compared to the one I have.

Should be the same size, I've been working on my 1oz sample for about 2 months now and just finally thinking about buying more..and I'm fairly liberal with it, lol