Beard appreciation thread

So we found a proper shaving shop, upon entering we were approached by a "child" who looked as though he had yet to shave, he asked us how he could help. We asked for some beard oil/balm to help with knots and dryness especially after being up north or after a bike ride. He blinked, once, then twice, proceeded to move women products (yes a shaving shop) to find a total of one product that looked it as though it had been there since the 90's. 

I guess we we need to get online and bite the bullet with prices and shipping. 

Wait! What............?

9 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

So we found a proper shaving shop, upon entering we were approached by a "child" who looked as though he had yet to shave, he asked us how he could help. We asked for some beard oil/balm to help with knots and dryness especially after being up north or after a bike ride. He blinked, once, then twice, proceeded to move women products (yes a shaving shop) to find a total of one product that looked it as though it had been there since the 90's. 

I guess we we need to get online and bite the bullet with prices and shipping. 

You could try making your own oil, it's not very hard.  I've been doing it for around a year now.  [URL=http://we-beard.com/beard-oil-recipe/san-francisco-lemon-beard-oil/] This is my favourite [/URL] recipe, although I swap to sandalwood for rose wood (because I did t have sandalwood the first time I made it). 

• Like 2

I'm going to have to get an updated picture for you guys soon.

As you know I've been trimming my own beard for the last 18 months because a barber butchered it.  Well, last week I was in San Francisco (first trip outside of Montana in almost 6 months)..and decided to give the barbershop another go..found a place that was established in 2015 but came highly recommended by the Concierge, so I put my hair and beard in their hands.  It was a wonderful experience.

When I trim at home, best I can do is a little fade on the top with some trimmers, and scissors to clean up the rest.  This guy actually layered the beard..and I swear he was half samurai..he had some mad skills with scissors.  I'm very interested to see how it grows back out, but overall it was worth giving the barbershop another try.

I've got some new beard shampoo/conditioner that I need to pick-up tomorrow from the post office.  Used up my beardsley, decided to spend a bit more to try something new, got this bottle and it's twin: http://www.amazon.com/Polished-Gentleman-Growth-Thickening-Shampoo/dp/B01A6BPTN0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

I'll be sure to report back on what I think of it, I'm curious to see how a shampoo and conditioner packed with so many essential oils, on top of my beard oil, treats my beard.  You usually don't find these ingredients outside of beard oils..so it's piqued my interest a bit. :)

• Like 1

I may be a little late to the party, but here's what I'm rocking. It's been a year and a half since my last shave. I recently started getting into historical Viking reenactments (with steel weapon combat!) so it lends itself well in that field. 

I make my own beard oils and am looking into selling them in the future. If anybody is interested, rather than try to sell you mine I can give you some tips and resources on how to make your own. It's not very hard at all and doesn't take but a couple minutes.

13221422_10209624222190353_3789471650112451922_o.jpg

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Draegon (Liam P Boyle) said:

Goatee guy here.  (The wife won't let me do the full beard).

My wife used to be that way, until I convinced her to not give me grief for a year while I tried it. At the end of the year, I shaved it, and she said grow it back, because she got used to it and got wierded out by me looking like a child post shave. Same has happened to a few friends. I chalk it up to our wives not realizing that they like the masculinity of the beards until they have it, then have it taken away.

• Like 2

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

my ex hated my beard (although i had it long before we met, go figure) until i shaved it one day out of spite. she cried. the current gf loves it. #upgrade

Level 9 Snarky Rogue

STR:20 | DEX:13 | STA:13.5 | CON:13 | WIS:17 | CHA:16

battle log

there are far better things ahead than what we leave behind - CS Lewis

find out what you're afraid of, and go live there - Chuck Palahniuk