The Inevitable Return of the Great White Dope

Finally feeling invincible... This is good. :-P

Sent from Tapatalk, all errors are the app's fault! ;-)

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

DE deadlift

18" deadlift: 10x1 @ 365

High box squat (DE): 8x2 @ 275

Hypers: 3x20 @ bw

superset with

Roll-out: 3x10

365 might have been a little heavy for speed work. It's not like I missed reps but they were all really slow to break the blocks. As heavier technique work however, I think they were spot on. I ramped my weight on box squats quite a bit. They were a touch slower but not enough to back down. It was a decent day in the gym today. 

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

Assistance day

Incline bench: 15@45, 12@95, 10@1208@140, 5@155

Axle C&P: 8x2 @ 130

I'm looking forward to my deload the week before my contest. I'm feeling sore and beat up all the time so it'll be nice to take a week to rest and replenish. I bumped the weight on a couple of my sets on incline instead of trying for reps on the top set. Maybe it'll be an approach that actually gets my lifts moving instead of just being frustrating. Axle C&P was kind of fast today but a little inconsistent. The continental is feeling a lot more natural now so it's making it to the rack a lot faster. I cut the fluff today to go out to lunch with the wife for her birthday.

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

RE squat

Front squat: 15@45, 12@95, 10@135, 8@185, 5@225 - rep PR

Snatch grip SLDL: 10@155

So begins my last training week before the contest. I hit a 2 rep PR on the front squat today with gas to spare. Then I got a call that I couldn't avoid which took a half hour. By the time I got back out to do SLDLs I was tightening back up. 155 felt fine but when I moved up to 205 they just didn't feel right. I'm too close to the finish line to fuck myself up so I called it a day.

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

DE press

Log C&P: 8x2 @ 130

Dips: 3x10 @ bw

superset with

Bar chins: 8,7,5

Circuit:

Reverse ring flyes: 3x10

Hammer curl: 3x20 @ 20

Band pushdown: 3x30 with EliteFTS light band

Coming off a big front squat day yesterday had a pretty noticeable effect on my jerk. I only beat gravity on 3 or 4 reps when I did it on more than half of them last week on the axle. I'm feeling like overreaching is starting to set in but it took a lot of very hard training to get there without a deload in the last 3 months. I'm eleven days out with just two training days left. Shit is starting to get real.

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

I've got the yoke fa sho. The keg is the only real wild card but I've done a 160lb sandbag over bar without too much hassle. A keg has handles and isn't always trying to run away so it should be okay.

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

Yep

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

I laid the floor in my wife's office last night and went to bed feeling all kinds of fucked up. This morning is even worse. My knees are cranky, my neck is stiff, and my lats are trashed. I'm starting my pre-contest deload a few days early since I wouldn't get shit out of training today. Instead, I'm going to put down some more flooring and hate my life even more tonight.

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

I laid the floor in my wife's office last night and went to bed feeling all kinds of fucked up. This morning is even worse. My knees are cranky, my neck is stiff, and my lats are trashed. I'm starting my pre-contest deload a few days early since I wouldn't get shit out of training today. Instead, I'm going to put down some more flooring and hate my life even more tonight.

Knowing a fair few strong men, get used to feeling wrecked, the sport is known for it.

You can help it out with sleeves for everything and sports massages.

"Gentle means tired."

Battle Log / Youtube Channel / (lol am an..) Athlete Page

Level 4 Halfling Monk: STR - 181 | DEX - 12.5 | STA - 4.5 | CON - 6 | WIS - 4 | CHA - 7

Knowing a fair few strong men, get used to feeling wrecked, the sport is known for it.

You can help it out with sleeves for everything and sports massages.

I already live in knee and elbow sleeves for everything. I didn't feel like total dogshit until this morning after spending most of last night on my hands and knees laying floor. I've just been feeling like semi-dogshit now for a couple weeks but training usually gets me feeling decent for a few hours. 

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

There's been a raccoon hanging out in my back yard at night. I've had serious thoughts about going out and killing it with my bare hands and eating it raw. Yea, you could say I'm getting a little antsy.

• Like 3

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

There's been a raccoon hanging out in my back yard at night. I've had serious thoughts about going out and killing it with my bare hands and eating it raw. Yea, you could say I'm getting a little antsy.

That's how you get rabbies :/

"Gentle means tired."

Battle Log / Youtube Channel / (lol am an..) Athlete Page

Level 4 Halfling Monk: STR - 181 | DEX - 12.5 | STA - 4.5 | CON - 6 | WIS - 4 | CHA - 7

That's how you get rabbies :/

I can't see how raw raccoon gains and insanity from rabies could be a bad thing leading into a contest. Sure, it would be my last, but worth it?

• Like 3

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

The guy in the hotel room beside me is going to my contest. Two guys that were in line at the grocery store behind me are going to my contest. I'm pretty sure a couple guys at IHOP are going to be there, too. My hotel is a half hour away from the site... I think this is going to be a big show.

• Like 1

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

Dude, you're gonna kill it. Get the inner (and sometimes outer) crazy man going and grip it and rip it.

All these weights are light as fuck for you. Don't let us down.

I just got home. Holy fuck. That was the best time I've had in my whole life. Everyone was fucking amazing, I broke PRs, and I have a tan that usually takes me til July to get. Check out the weightlifting forum for my contest report.

• Like 3

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

I've had this contest lined up for 2 years. Its the one that made me want to do strongman. It's lightweight, non-sanctioned, and usually really heavy on carries but it was the first time I saw someone pick up Atlas stones in real life. I've wanted to do that shit for real ever since.

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

Yea, so you don't really need me giving any advice on the events, but of course I'm going to anyway.

The Yoke - you looked like a guy that stayed around until last call at a bar for the first half of that run.  We'll chalk it up to the weight being the heaviest you've done and not getting any real time under the yoke in training.  But you were taking huge steps and crossing your feet over.  Short, quick straight steps next time.  470# yoke is still badass.

The Press Medley - the lockout on the log was ugly, but it seemed to go up smooth, same thing with the axle. The circus DB...that's just a bitch that I have a feeling we are going to see repeatedly in the future.  This one is just a matter of training and technique.  The strength is obviously there.  Did you get points for this event or no?

18" Deadlift - this was your event and you killed it!

I have no experience with the other events so if those looked shitty, I'm none the wiser.