Traveling Solo

Five years ago, I realized my lifelong dream of travelling to the US. I went by myself and was both terrified and super excited at the same time. I rented a car (a Mustang convertible!) and drove from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon, down Route 66 to L.A., and then headed up along the coast to San Francisco. From there I took a plane to Portland, Oregon, where LeakyCon was taking place (a massive Harry Potter centric convention) where I made many friends. And lastly, I flew to New York City.

It was honestly one of the best times in my life, even though I was by myself. I felt free and totally in control of the journey. Ever since then, I can't get enough of travelling. I want to go EVERYWHERE!

• Like 1

Hi guys, I agree with Fengor that all depends on the travel itself. When traveling to the seaside to my favorite Spain and Fuerteventura in particular, I always get a company of my friend with almost the same likes. Fooling around with no fear of inconvenience in any question - food, drinks, having fun, - is the best part of all this. But when you wanna have peace of the world, I guess you'd better travel alone. Last year I was on to climb Kilimanjaro and was quite satisfied that I didn't take anyone with me. In my local agency in Tanzania https://en.altezza.travel when they arranged our unnecessary luggage and all the other things I got to know people who are crazy about mountains and climbing in general. There were some freshers as well, but with them, it was difficult to find the way. So I learned new people and experienced new emotions. Anyway, pick up a company depends on a trip itself.