• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Terinatum

Scouts Rally In and Report!

Hey Scouts.

The fall/spring season is here and we would all love to share in your observations of your challenge. I think it's handy to be able to look back on the last 6 weeks and put it all together. I believe we are capable of self-compassion and accurate judgment in regards to our goals. Let's see what it tells us about where to go next!

So let us know how you did.

Physical Fitness Training (27/36) +2.5 Strength 

75%
75%

Strength = 2.5 * 0.75 = 1.875

Exit Stage Left (24/36) + 1 Sinisterity

66%
66%

Sinisterity = 1 * 0.66 = 0.66

Foam Roll (22/36) +1 Dexterity

61%
61%

Dexterity = 1 * 0.61 = 0.61

Scoutyness (26/36) +2.5 Stamina

72%
72%

Stamina = 2.5 * 0.72 = 1.8

0% Soda (20/35) +1 Constitution

55%
55%

Constitution = 1 * 0.55 = 0.55

Study Experimental Design (24/36) +2.5 Wisdom

66%
66%

Wisdom = 2.5 * 0.66 = 1.65

Proper Brushing of the Teeth and Flossing (34/42) +2.5 Charisma

82%
82%

Charisma = 2.5 * 0.82 = 2.05

My challenge seemed to evolve as I went through it and I did not adjust my numbers accordingly. It did take me a while to get into the challenge, so my numbers reflect my slow start. The last half of the challenge is where I felt like I started kicking butt. I fell into a sustainable rhythm for the most part, so I am going to definitely keep up with it during the break.

• Like 1

I wrote my writeup in my thread, but in short: despite some setbacks, my challenge was generally successful. I broke 30 mins on my 5 km run for the first time while keeping track of my time (and then I did it a few more times), I worked out, I yoga-ed it up and I studied a lot more Japanese than I would have otherwise. I also lost a bit more pudge.

Overall, it was pretty good. :D

• Like 1

Also wrote my wrap-up in my challenge, but the summary is: 100% across the board, even with how much I struggled in the last couple of weeks not to overeat and such. Also taper week sucks. As do hormones. Welp!

Next challenge I'm going to have to work on finding a balance on my eating so that I neither undereat nor overeat. I also want to work on increasing my speed. These are the two major driving forces for how I'll proceed with the next challenge. But my two biggest victories are 1) I ran a half marathon and PRed!!!!!! and 2) I no longer have crap body image issues. I like my body now. There's still work to do -- there's always work to do -- but I feel great about how I look and most importantly what I can do all the same. :D

• Like 2

Main Challenge: Complete Two Triathlons - Success! In fact, I did better than planed and completed THREE Triathlons instead of two.  :D +2 STA, +1 DEX.

Quest One: Bicycle Three Hours a Week - Averaged 2 hours a week +2 STA

Quest Two: Log Food - Failure - Didn't log hardly anything 

Quest Three: Relax - Success - I managed to find time everyday to relax a little.  It was nice. +2 CON +1 WIS

Life Quest: Grey Skies - Failure.  I cleaned out my savings to buy a new bicycle. 

Scout Mini Challenges - Week 1 complete +1 CHA; Week 2 complete + 1 WIS; Week Three complete +1 STR; Week Four complete +1 STA; Week Five - Six - Did not complete.

CutLass Challenges - Did not do well here at all, didn't complete any challenges.

As a whole, this challenge was difficult for me.  I met some, but not all of my goals.  I ended up taking on more than I could handle, and between my goals, work, and class things got a bit out of hand at a few points.  However, in spite of not meeting my goals, I actually did fairly well this challenge.  I completed three triathlons (My first triathlon which went awesome, my second which was in open water for the first time ever, and my third I finished even though I had a flat tire) I made a life changing decision when I decided that I would stick with my current job instead of going back to a job I enjoyed because my current job allows me the time and money to continue with my fitness goals, I ordered my new bicycle (which will be put together this week!) and I learnt the importance of logging food and following the training plan my trainer gives me.  I did have a few set backs with my weight, I ate from stress and reached 299 lbs again, but I eventually got things under control and am now back down to 294. I am now planning my goals for next challenge and will consider the lessons I learnt during this one. 

• Like 2

I had a very much up and down Challenge, but ended well. My main thing was getting distracted and not checking in. So next time, I'm going to make "daily check-in" one of my rewardable goals. I'm counting this a success, though not a well documented one in my thread with the getting distracted and all . . . I also start marathon training for the Oakland Marathon in March in mid December, so that'll be a good solid thing to shape my next one. But hope we do something in between. two weeks is a long time!

• Like 1

Challenge Report
1) One long run each week.

Got in several long runs including a 50k day and two 30k days.

A, +5 STA
2) 3.5 hours of exercise each week not including long run.

All As except a B week, averaged 3.9 hours of strict exercise (not including yard work and such).

A, +2 STR +2 DEX

3) Log all food (MyFitnessPal)

Logged.

A, +2 CON
4) Don't sweat the small stuff

Went very well and got better as the challenge progressed.  Almost an A.

B, +1.5 WIS
5) Play outside with the boys

Didn't go as well as planned.

D, +0.5 CHA

• Like 1

As promised...

CON: +1 I think I did well this challenge.  I increased my distance, ran a 5K race the whole way.  Achieved 100 miles ran this year.  I am now training at 3 miles instead of just a race distance.  My muscles are still adapting to it. 

STR: 0  I didn't touch my strength goal... oh well.  

DEX: +1 I met my DEX goal though. It's a lot smoother than It used to be.  I went to a juggling festival and leveled up in general. I "crossed over" to advanced level in contact juggling, as declared by one of the masters in the trade. :)

Weight: 210 lbs   -1 lb

Waist:   34 inches

Hip: 46 in

Arm: 14 in

Thigh 24 in -1 in

Calf: 17.5  -0.5in

• Like 1

***CHALLENGE REPORT***

I set reasonable goals with conservative grading this challenge and I did pretty well. I started off strong but backed off the last two weeks where I didn't end up tracking anything and as usual, my story telling fell off the radar. Overall I'd say I got an A-.

Mission #1 - Power up, power down

(quick stretching or movement before and after sleep)

I did the worst on this one. It never really felt like a habit, and usually ended up being a very quick (possibly worthless) stretch, however, I did enough of it to get a B.

Mission #2 - Energize the elevator

(push-ups and squats when I go up stairs)

Okay, this one I am really excited about. For the most part I kept it up until the end, and it felt like a solid habit. The best part is that it did what I was hoping. It rehabed my shoulder from 50% to about 80%. Way more improvement than I had seen in the last 3 months. A!

Mission #3 - Multi-threaded maintenance

(no couch sitting while watching TV)

This also felt like a solid habit and I intend to keep it up. A.

Mission #4 - Autopilot anomaly

(be productive when I walk in the house)

This turned so muh into a habit that it felt like cheating. I realized that I had been doing this during week 6 even though I forgot to do it :tongue:

A

I learned that easy habit oriented goals work well for me! (this is the first challenge in a while that I didn't bomb out of the last 2 weeks)

I also learned that easy movement (like counter top push-ups when I'm capable of one armed) can have a very useful part of training.

• Like 2

My week 1 was about being prepared for a 5k race, which I was hoping to do under 30 minutes, and I surprised myself by actually doing it, I was kinda expecting that I'd just miss it and be working hard for another race around now.

After week 1, my goals were:

At least 2 strength, aim for 3 some weeks: Yes, and I got in 3 strength 3/5 weeks.

At least 5 workouts, aim for 6 weeks: Got 5 every week except week 5, when my foot was sore and I still got 3 workouts in. But I got in 6 3 weeks so overall I averaged slightly over 5 :)

At least one yoga class per week: Missed 2 weeks. I've definitely come to the conclusion that I am more of a once per week-ish yoga person.

Try at least one Ashtanga and Flow class: Yep, did one of each.

Active commute once per week: Yep, I even did one week where I ran and biked.

Overall distance goal: Missed it by less than 5km, because I did 0 running in week 5 and couldn't entirely make it up in week 6. Completed it as of Monday.

Morning streamlining (aka getting out the door earlier and with a lunch)

I petered off on tracking it. I have some mornings where I do well and others not so well.

Overall feeling pretty good, though I really don't know what my next goals will be yet!

• Like 1

Looks as though a lot of people found themselves working on their consistency expectations. I applaud your courage in this. We are a desirable bunch of nerds doing what needs to be done! Congratulations to everyone!