• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

starsapart

NaNo Nerds - The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

41167 words, and not much of that is really coherent or part of the story. But this is Nano, and it is fine with me. If I worry too much about it I will get nothing done.

95784083a7689f5849b6823498e01fd3.jpg

• Like 2

Broke halfway today! Woo hoo 25K! Everyone will please be polite enough NOT to point out that it's somewhat past the halfway point of the month...

Deficit holding steady at just under 10,000 words -- but I have a long drive tomorrow and (assuming I can avoid the motion sickness demon) I'm going to try and jam out 5,000 of them. Ugh.

If NaNo were all I was trying to accomplish this month it'd be easy :(

Oh, and if you haven't backed up your novel in the last twenty minutes, go and do it. Seriously. Do it.

*gives up and goes to bed*

• Like 2

I made it to 30k last night! My NaNo is starting to feel more like my NaNo. I don't know why it took me so long to gel with the story but I think I have learned that writing zombies is not my thing. At least not in the frame of mind I am currently in. 

• Like 1

I've fallen off the wagon! My thesis advisor wanted me to write a bunch more for the manuscript and I ended up unable to write anything fictional. I don't even remember where I was going with the plot at this point! I may or may not have 50,000 words this month but they're all just divided up into multiple science papers.

Life decided to hit me a lot of curve balls this month. I aimed to write about 2500 a week and I hit just under 5k in two weeks. My story itself is only about 2700. The rest I write and work in. Dialogue is such a struggle for me. I can describe and have a character narrate everything they think and feel... But writing dialogue? It all sounds so... Dull. I'm trying to not let myself fall into any traps but...ugh. Not my strong suit. Anyway, my aim (since I decided to start with my challenge) is to get 20k at the end of 6 weeks. I need to up my amount for sure for the rest of the challenge. But... Yep. That's where I'm at. Good luck to everyone this week! Almost there, guys! Also, congrats all around for both finishing and starting NaNoWriMo. :D

Sent from SHIELD headquarters... I mean Xavier's institute... I mean Four Freedoms Plaza... I mean MY OFFICE.

I am a very bad NanoRebelNerd. I have written as I've been able to but my stamina isn't recovered yet from surgery and i'm sleeping on average two and three hours longer a night. And that time has had to come from somewhere, I'm afraid. I have written this month and the interest, the desire is still there. Will there be a  writing group for after Nano is over?

And *cheers and waves pompoms to everyone writing* you can do it! you can do it!

Congrats to everyone who has won!

(And Jakkal, mine is like that too. But you have 50,676 words to work with and turn in to something good)

I'm on course to finish now after being behind (you can see a graph in my challenge thread). I'm on 42,882. Going to make that at least 45k today but might get a little higher.

Also, would like to keep the writing group going. Would hopefully keep us motivated to keep going once NaNo has ended.

• Like 1

I chose to stop midway for a plethora of reasons (see my life quest for details....) but I am still so glad this group was formed and I got to meet everyone!!!  Congrats to those of you who finished/are about to finish!

A solid 5k day got me to 45260 tonight. I'm exhausted and sick and going to bed now -- but that leaves me with just under 5k to get through tomorrow and I'll be DONE.

I can do it. 

I have to.

• Like 2

Good luck for tomorrow amberdisa! You can do it!

I reached 50k tonight! So pleased considering I was so behind. And my 50,000th word? 'Can'. Which may not be the most exciting word is quite appropriate because I apparently can do it.

• Like 1

50,206 really ugly words later, it's over. This was not the year I screwed up my NaNo winning streak! That was honestly the thing that finally kept me up late tonight to finish instead of taking my horribly sick self to bed.

I cannot believe how difficult this was, this time around. I am exhausted. I think I shall sleep for the next week...

Congratulations to everyone, winner or not -- NaNo is a really wonderful undertaking and we should all be proud of ourselves! For at least thirty of the days in our lives, we squashed Resistance! Well done us!

I'm now going to go back up my novel one last time. And then I'm going to bed :)

• Like 2

I didn't make it. I got sick early on which set me back and I tried to catch up but then just started to lose momentum and eventually let myself get a bit discouraged so I only ended up with 26k words or so.

I think I'll still try writing for the rest of the challenge and I'll definitely try NaNo again next year, but you know, with more planning and stuff so I know where my story is going and don't go through periods where I'm just stuck.