(Oct 27th-Nov10th) The Bye Weeks Challenge

This cold of mine knocked me for six this weekend. Didn't manage to get the fireworks on Saturday which was a bit of a disappointment. It was pissing it down with rain and no one wanted to stand in a cold, wet, muddy field!

I got some bed rest at the weekend and feel miles better now. Just in time for the next challenge!

So, I completed 2 out of my 3 goals. I made my brownies with coconut flour and I managed to practice handstands which I've enjoyed a lot. I've made that one of my goals on my 6 week challenge. I've even got my husband practicing handstands (I'm better at it than him though!)

Despite the cold and sick cat, I really liked doing this mini challenge.

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

I decided to let my first goal - the bead kit - go because I could see my weekends were going to be too full to fit it in. Eh, I cut the stress, which was more important to me at this point.

Goal two - twice a week flexy bendy assassiny moves - went really well. I got in five different short workouts that ranged from handstand practice (noticeable improvement in ten days!) to some silly walks for balance and belly dance back bend practice. It was fun and it felt really good!

Goal three - Fiddlin' fool - This had somewhat mixed results. Of the ten days, I got in six, though on three of the others I did do other music, it wasn't fiddle. The big thing, though, was I had fun and ended up doing way more than my tiny minimum requirement. Probably most important was I let go of the obsession with perfection and just played for the joy of it.

This was a great idea for a PVP and it was a lot of fun and a good break activity.

Thanks, ItsDaniel! Super idea and hope to do it again in the future!

I'm glad you enjoyed it and got involved. You really got the idea of this challenge, which wasn't about stressing about beads but about rehab the body and mind after the last challenge and prehab for this one

• Like 1

This cold of mine knocked me for six this weekend. Didn't manage to get the fireworks on Saturday which was a bit of a disappointment. It was pissing it down with rain and no one wanted to stand in a cold, wet, muddy field!

I got some bed rest at the weekend and feel miles better now. Just in time for the next challenge!

So, I completed 2 out of my 3 goals. I made my brownies with coconut flour and I managed to practice handstands which I've enjoyed a lot. I've made that one of my goals on my 6 week challenge. I've even got my husband practicing handstands (I'm better at it than him though!)

Despite the cold and sick cat, I really liked doing this mini challenge.

I'm sorry you had such a rough time of it this mini challenge, but really glad you enjoyed it, and also glad it is all past you for the start of the big 6 weeker

Bye Weeks Challenge wrap up - 

Goal 1 - something new - I made a new recipe and tried quinoa.  The firecracker chicken was a hit and I don't really mind quinoa.  It probably will not become my new go to food or anything.  It's healthy enough but it's no super food.  

Goal 2 - fitness - i am 1 day behind on YAYOG.  This seems to be my normal pattern so I reckon I'll catch up.  This is officially my last week of the 10 week program so I am stoked about that.  However, I will be continuing for the rest of the challenge.  

Goal 3 - Something fun - this was quality time with family.  We did have family D&D night this weekend and then we also tried to incorporate a general feeling of ease and relaxation for the entire weekend that is typically missing so that was very nice.  No rushing to and fro and no long lists of to dos.  Still got some housework done but it didn't feel like a chore.  

Overall, this 2 week break turned out great.  Thanks ItsDaniel for putting this forum up and keeping it going.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2