• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Terinatum

Interim Challenge Oct 30 to Nov 9, 2014

Yesterday sucked for posture control. Gah! i caught myself a few times, but never managed to do the whole sequence. I'd get to tightening my abs and then 'oh I must be done!' and leave the rest behind. i wonder what that says about my hinderance to change? Curiouser and curiouser! How's everybody else doing?

I did my letter spelling mobility exercises Friday, but forgot over the rest of the weekend.  Going to give the posture a go. I spend most of my day at a desk, but it'll be a good way to make me get up and move a little while I'm at work.

• Like 1

It seems I am in need of some serious self-care. I just got the worst cramp on the outside edge of my left calf that I have had in a lonnnggg time. I finally was able to hobble to the stove and place my bare leg against the cold metal. It's the only thing that ever worked when I was a kid. Phew! Nasty.

So what does this tell us? That's right.

Tighten them muscle systems up!

We've found our range of motion and did some mobility to open it up. We then worked with our posture to avoid getting hot spots. And now, we need to go to the hot spots and make them stronger. So, physical therapy time.

Sulu has yet to test you on your strengthening, but you're certain it will be hard and maybe even hurt a little? But the whole group is in awe of the small statured dynamo! No one messes with the best. So he's here to teach you about the strength others can't see, but will rue the day they don't consider all your power if they cross you!

Decide on one spot, or two, that you will work on getting stronger through focuses strength training. No compound moves here, we want to get the smaller sets of muscles activating so they can grow bigger and be able to handle the load of work we have been putting on them.

1. decide on muscle/small area to work on

2. isolate the exercises needed to get the best benefit to your weak spot

3. do the exercises 3 times per day, at a respectable rep amount 1x10 or maybe 1x20

4. do them for 2 to 3 days in a row

5. pay attention to the differences that come up in the those days. Is it working a little?

6. decide if the exercise is beneficial or whether you should look for another exercise to take it's place

10 points for the first day that you complete the 3 exercise times

5 points for the second day

7 points for the third day

put your points on the spreadie

Good luck!

I'll be working on my spine - specifically just above the top of the hip. There's a vertebra that keeps adjusting too easily when I move just so. I'm thinking it near my original injury, but wherever it is, it needs some strengthening so it doesn't keep popping out of place and back in place whenever the mood takes it.

Not sure of the exercise(s) to do yet, but possibly Supermans with a small twisting to them. I think I'll call my PT guru and see what she thinks.

Okay, me and my calf muscle have got to do some rolling...gently!

Good Nite

'Okay, here's hoping you're a bit more aware of your bodily needs.' Sulu calls out behind you. With this in mind you are brought to the Bridge by Red Shirts. Once on the bridge, you realize the captain isn't there. It's just Chekov and Uhura standing there waiting on something. But what?

One of your group feeling frisky and over confident speaks up. 'Hey! What are you going to tell us? We're all here.' A slow smile crosses Uhura's beautiful face and Chekov lets out a chuckle. 'So, you're not gonna tell us what to do? Why not?'

Chekov speaks up, 'Because that's not our job. It's yours, Captains.' With that the Captain's Chair lights up overly dramatically and each of you gets a chance to take a seat and give orders to the crew. 'Where to, Captain?'

Good question. Where will you focus your newly found notions and ideas? Oh right, on your challenge! Check out your goals and desires for this next challenge and check to make sure you have taken the little things into consideration. Will the shoulder hold up ti the push up goal? Do cheat meals really stand for something wrong? Will your children see you working toward your own greatness and be inspired? Well, who knows about the last one! lol

Take the lsat of these days and formulate, test, and re-test your goals to see if they are indeed the ones you want and are doable.

GOOD LUCK!!

Although there are no points for this last part, remember to add up your prior points and use the formulas above to credit your stats. Thanks for coming along. See you Monday!