Strength, Size, and Squatting!

How do I internet? So a Battle Log...hmmm, does it matter that this is kind of 8 months late? Or that I took about a 2 month break? No? Well, good!

I do the Stronglifts 5x5 program: Been doing it since February, kinda got sidetracked during June and finally got my act together back in late August. Due to a bulging disk Ive been loathe to do deadlifts, and I wasnt really pain free enough for pendlay rows so those numbers dont/wont reflect where I actually should be. A little more info: started pure bar with squats, pure bar with press and ~60-75lbs with bench.

Tues 10/28: Squat 100lb 5x5

Bench 130lb 5x5

30 min elliptical cardio

Thurs 10/30:Squat 105 lb 5x5

Press 100 lb 2x5, 1x3 (yea, I couldnt do more than that; my shoulders were freaking killing me and will probably be even sore-er tomorrow)

Deadlift 95 lbs 1x5 (yay Im back to doing deadlifts! Figured if I could deadlift my 230 lb grandpa up off the floor I should be able to do it in the gym!)

• Like 1

"The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. "-Henry Rollins

"A man chooses, a slave obeys."-Andrew Ryan

"Crawling is acceptable. Falling is acceptable. Puking is acceptable. Tears are acceptable. Pain is acceptable. Injury is acceptable. Quitting is unacceptable"

Great workout! Totally following your thread because you sound awesome. :D

CoderGatherer

Fire Genasi - Level 5

STR 9 | WIS 6 | CON 8 | CHA 3 | DEX 6 | INT 6

Current Challenge

Chapter 1 - Chapter 2 - Chapter 3 -Chapter 4 - Chapter 5 - Chapter 6

Proud Tricerasister

Battle Log

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face." - Eleanor Roosevelt

I swapped the barbell rows for seated cable pulls - my back is under-developed and I didn't feel like I could keep proper form to benefit from the barbell rows.

You might find it a happy compromise to get the row benefit without fighting the pressure from the bar.

Got another adrenaline/endorphin high raging right now, 110 on my squats, 135 on my bench press (10 more lbs for a PR!!), and added back in the pendlay rows!  Yes, my hip/ankle finally are co operating! Started light with only 65lbs, but lighter with good form is better than pushing too hard and re injuring myself.

• Like 1

"The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. "-Henry Rollins

"Crawling is acceptable. Falling is acceptable. Puking is acceptable. Tears are acceptable. Pain is acceptable. Injury is acceptable. Quitting is unacceptable"

A HUGE shout out to Alan Thrall for his super helpful video on OHP!!!! Thanks to him, I got through all 5 sets tonight.....speaking of, tonight's stats are:

Squat: 115 5x5

OHP: 100!!! 5x5 (yes!!)

Deadlift: 105 5x5

Keeping it short and simple today:

Squat: 120 5x5

Bench: 140 5x5 (next week a new PR hopefully!)

Pendlay rows: 70 5x5

Grrrrrrr its 1 step forward and two steps back with these freaking lifts!! Shoulders gave out today on OHP......just one more rep man, just ONE.MORE.REP!! >.<

Squat: 125 5x5

OHP: 105 4x5, 1x4 (see rant above)

Deadlift: 115 1x5

Lift frustration continues!!! I know you cant go up and up and up forever, but man, im *this* close to a PR on bench and my chest just cant seem to get it done. Oh well, at least my squats are progressing nicely...

Squat: 130 5x5

Bench: 145 1x5,1x3,1x1

Pendlay Rows:75 5x5

Hmmmm smashing! *said in the voice of nigel thornberry* I OWNED the gym tonight.....owned it! Getting strong up in this Rebellion!!!!

Squat: 135

OHP: 105!!!!! New PR on OHP!!!!!!!

Deadlift: 125

In the words of Bulk Biceps:  YEA!!!!!!!

Upsides of lifting: Strength, muscle gain, looking better, chicks (so fluffy!!) :P Downsides: DOMS, tight fitting clothes (from da gainz!), some undefined third thing. I dunno, will figure out when can brain. Shoulders continue to be my downfall......*stares at both of them* get strong damn you!!

Squats: 140 5x5

Bench: 145 4x5, 1x4 (and super exhausted after that last set)

Pendlay rows: 80 5x5

• Like 1

God I LOVE it when that energy rush kicks in. I just want to scream "FOR THE HORDE!!!!!!"....errr, I mean "FOR THE REBELLION!!!!" Ok, no more caffeine for me after workouts.

Squats: 145 5x5

OHP: 110!!!!! 5x5

Deadlift: 135 5x5

And this after a week off thanks to "Winter Storm Knife"

Ever felt like youve done this before? Really? me too! Wow thats so weird isnt it?

Squats: 150 5x5

Bench: 145 5x5<---------------------------Finally!!!!!

Pendlay rows: 85 5x5

Squats: 155 5x5

OHP: 115 2x4

Deadlifts: 145 1x5