Fellow Nerd Parents!  When I saw this I immediately fell in love with the idea:

DINOVEMBER!

tumblr_mgn0llFTYN1r4naj8o1_500.png

Ever day in the month of November you set up plastic dinosaurs in a scene of chaos as though they came to life in the middle of the night!  This is just what I need to get some creative juices going and really enjoy something fun and silly with my kids!  

I'm getting my dinosaurs ready tonight!

• Like 1

1 Tim 4:7-8 "...train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value,

godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

Current Challenge: ... this feature is still loading ...

Previous Challenges: Commiting to CommitUnashamedCoping through HopingChillaxes

Day%2B1.JPG

We homeschool.  Dinosaurs have no respect for our educational goals...

This is going to be a fun month!

• Like 1

1 Tim 4:7-8 "...train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value,

godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

Day%2B2.JPG

When my son saw the black belt dinos he immediately named them after his karate instructors and had them leading "class" right here at home.

• Like 2

Day%2B3.JPG

They're quite the artists.

• Like 1

I saw this before, and it's such an awesome idea!

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I saw this before, and it's such an awesome idea!

I hope that when my children grow up they'll be setting up Dinosaurs in ridiculous poses for their children.  There is something extremely fun, creative, and joyful about the whole process.  And I love seeing my boys laugh when they find what the Dinos have done today!

• Like 1

Day%2B4.JPG

Dinosaurs take personal hygiene very seriously.

• Like 1

Oh my gosh.

I don't have kids but seeing these photos is AMAZING!!!  How fun and creative, please keep posting them!! :D

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

I hope my brother does this with his kid(s) (first child still in womb). I saw this on Facebook last year and think it's such a great idea. I'd worry that I'd run out of ideas before the month is up!

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Oh my gosh.

I don't have kids but seeing these photos is AMAZING!!!  How fun and creative, please keep posting them!! :D

Haha, thanks!  I wasn't sure if I'd be annoying people with a new picture of dino toys every day... but I'll keep them coming!

This is a much better idea than Elf on a Shelf, which I loathe.

Agreed.  There is something a little creepy about the whole elf thing...

I hope my brother does this with his kid(s) (first child still in womb). I saw this on Facebook last year and think it's such a great idea. I'd worry that I'd run out of ideas before the month is up!

Maybe you could get some dinosaurs for said-womb-bound child to spur the parents on to action when he/she gets older!  I was worried about running out of ideas too... until I saw that the awesome people who did it first put a picture up for every day of the month of what they did.  I'm shamelessly copying their ideas... with a few twists here and there... and without the photography skills they have!!

Day%2B5.JPG

Behold the mighty predators, they goeth forth and find many goldfish...

• Like 2

I just laughed out loud at what I think is the t-rex with his head in the bag!

Maybe you could get some dinosaurs for said-womb-bound child to spur the parents on to action when he/she gets older!  I was worried about running out of ideas too... until I saw that the awesome people who did it first put a picture up for every day of the month of what they did.  I'm shamelessly copying their ideas... with a few twists here and there... and without the photography skills they have!!

Love that idea! Now off to buy me some dinos!

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

T-Rex is definitely the ring leader.

• Like 2

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

T-Rex is definitely the ring leader.

Ring leader?  hm....

Day%2B6.JPG

• Like 4

Yay, I influenced it! That's awesome. How long is this taking you every night?

500 / 330 / 625

I did the circus in half an hour last night while listening to the "Unbroken" audio book. Hooray for multi-tasking!  A lot of the others only took a few minutes... stick a dino into the gold fish and spill some on the floor - check. 

• Like 1

Omg the circus is my winner so far!! Triceratops on the ball is awesome. And a cameo by Barrel of Monkeys...!! :D

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Day%2B7.JPG

1 King of Tyrant Lizards + 1 Slingshot = 1 Bad Day for Little Dinos...

• Like 2

Day%2B8.JPG

A day at the races...

• Like 2

Hahaha!! Is the driver of the blue car wearing a tinfoil "fireproof" suit? :)

Heh, he showed up wrapped in that stuff for the circus and my son thought it was hilarious, so I just left it on him.

Day%2B9.JPG

Was that a left at Mars... and a right at Jupiter?

Probably one of my worst photographs yet.  There's a giant hermit crab wrapped in foil attacking dinos, a weeble wobble astronaut, and what is *supposed* to be a crashed space ship or something on the hill...

Day%2B11.JPG

My youngest (pictured sleeping above) has been asking me daily if the dinosaurs might show up in the morning looking like they have been sneaking up on him in bed...

• Like 1