Hanging out in Between

At least you have an idea now. Retaking it won't be so scary now

Hugs

hmmmm... sent by magic.... or fairies.... or small woodland creatures maybe? how does this thing work?

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

30 side jump lunge

30 v-crunch

13 pushups

40 side leg lifts

30 butterflies

10 pushups

30 squats

60 bicycles

10 pushups

water-5

protein-2, veg-3, fruit-4, dairy-3, carb-5

I know I will get it the next time around. I know what to expect and I know what my mistakes were (well, suspect)  The main concerns right now are my character and fitness hearing, and actually paying for the bar.  I haven't heard back from my hearing yet, but I just don't have a good feeling about it.  There were four board members, one seemed to support me, one didn't, and the other two just gave me looks of compassionate pity at the end; which is not really affirming.  I'm just going to assume they are going to vote against me and that I will need to appeal the decision.  Secondly, I'm not sure how I will pay for the bar this time.  MO is one of the more expensive states, and the regular deadline is in two weeks; the late deadline is just a month after that.  My family cannot come up with the amount within that time, so I'm going to try something completely unconventional and start a Gofundme account.  I don't know if it will work, but it's the only thing I can think of right now.

I've also come to the conclusion that life can't wait anymore.  I put large portions of my life on hold during the last few years for law school, and put everything on hold for the bar, MPRE and this hearing.  I can't keep putting off life until after I pass the bar (just in case that never happens), I'll go nuts.  So I'm going to start jujitsu again, I'm going to start writing again, get serious about fitness and get serious about the job search (which will be interesting since I don't have my licensee). But, I'm done waiting for the right time, or for things to happen.   

Overall, failing the bar and MPRE was not the news I wanted to hear, but at least it's news I can work with.    

• Like 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Str- 18, Dex-12, Sta-10, Con-23, Wis-88, Cha-47

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Battlelog

Oh good, a second bar application is fraction of the cost of the first time, so I will be able to afford it.  No workout today, unless you count sorting through closets. 

water--only 3! must work on this.

protein-2, veg-4, fruit-5, dairy-2, carbs-5

• Like 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

not dead, 3 miles yesterday and also the day before that.   we've been sorting through a lot of stuff of my late grandmothers; my mom has had a lot doctor appointments lately and that's thrown off the daily schedules a bit.

my energy has been really low too.  I know I'm dehydrated and I suspect I'm not getting enough iron.  I'm going to focus for the next few days on upping water and protein and then see how I feel.

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

just three rounds of the following, no time limit or rep goal, just went until my form fell apart.

squats: 25, 20, 30

push ups: 8,8,10

dive bombers: 7,8,8,

ab raises: 20, 20, 20

protein-3, veg-3, fruit-4, dairy-5, carb-5

water-4

It's really hard not to be super frustrated that I can't pump out reps like I could back in April.  I keep trying to keep perspective that I've basically been sedentary during bar prep and waiting for results; but it's hard not to be upset about how far my endurance has fallen.  

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

3 miles today

18 min. full body routine,  1 min. and 30 sec. each 

pushups-14

rear leg lifts R-29

rear leg lifts L-28

ab raises-19

tricep dips-12

jumping side lunges-34

pushups-6

toe touches-20

side crunches L-34

side crunches r-34

squats-24

dive bombers-6

Part of me was annoyed by my scores, but the rest of me was just happy to be working out again.

protein-2, veg-5, fruit-5, dariy-5, carbs-4

water-5

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

you gonna link your gofundme??

I'd donate

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I've decided, at least for now, not to do one. 

The fees to retake the bar turned out to be a third of the original price so I was able to get that covered   I have yet to hear back about my character and fitness determination, so I don't know if it will require an appeal or not; that's what I won't be able to currently afford.  For the moment, I'm putting in applications left and right hoping that I can get a job before I get the C &F results, (I'm going to need one anyway for life and stuff).  Things are slowly working out, so the gofundme is on hold until I can determine if I actually need it. 

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

good that it was covered... I hope you don't have to appeal :)

• Like 1

Spoiler

I know, I know, I've been super quiet lately.  Last Friday I went to an alumni thing and wore heels which left me just covered in blisters.  I can't wear anything but sandals, which I can't work out in. I've thought about doing stuff around home (barefoot) but motivation has been difficult lately.  Hope to have something substantial today.  

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

I've been meaning to ask you; when you say "3 miles" is that an additional walk on top of your normal walking around miles or a fitbit total for the day?

With so much uncertainty in your life, it makes sense that motivation is hard.  I hope things improve for you.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Eeek shoe blisters are the worst.  Hope your feet are feeling a bit better!

Feet finally better, will try walking today.

I've been meaning to ask you; when you say "3 miles" is that an additional walk on top of your normal walking around miles or a fitbit total for the day?

With so much uncertainty in your life, it makes sense that motivation is hard.  I hope things improve for you.

The recorded miles are extra, I figure anything I do as a regular part of my day doesn't count as a workout.

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

Just managed some light yoga yesterday, I helped my family move things around in a storage unit the day before and did something wrong to my back.  Still sore today, but I can move much better. 

Fingers crossed, got an interview for Friday.

• Like 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog

My back finally feels better.  After all those stretches what finally seemed to fix my back was lightly weighted lumbar lifts.   Hooray, I can move again.

Various stretches and banded lifts. today

four waters

protein-2, veg-4 fruit- 5, diary-5, carbs-5

• Like 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Current Battlelog