... I should have posted here first

Hail Nerds of Fitness,

I am a humble dwarf from the Northeast. I have been posted to guard duty for a couple of years now and as such I have grown large around the middle. I am seeking to regain my dwarven fighting spirit with an ability to swing my double bladed ax for days. 

Now in all seriousness,

I'm 5'8 and 240 lbs. I work as a security guard. During some long nights on post I would eat some serious crud to stay awake and as such I went from 220 lbs to 250 in rapid time. My asthma came back and I would get winded climbing stairs. My wife and I are wanting to start a family and we want to raise them in a healthy household. In addition we really want to get into homesteading and own a small farm a bit further down the line. Being fit enough to catch animals or small children would be a necessity.

My goal is to get down to 200 lbs and have under 20% body fat. 

I am switching to a "paleo light" diet. Including a small amount of rice, potatoes, and dairy. (My wife isn't on board with going full paleo so it is a good middle ground.

I've also been messing around at the gym but I am gonna get serious and plan my attacks. I have been doing the suggested warm up and I have been mainly focusing on doing what is going to be one of my goals for the up coming challenge, a pull up. I have never been able to do one and I am confident that I will be able to conquor this giant!

Cue inspirational Dwarf song!! 

"Gold Gold Gold Gold Gold Gold Gold"

If you get that reference we should be friends

Bjorn

Dwarven Ranger 2

Str. 2 Dex. 1 Con. 3 End. 3 Wis. 1 Cha. 1

Stronglifts 5x5

Squat (% of 270)

30%
30%

Deadlift (% of 360)

32%
32%

Overhead Press (% of 120)

50%
50%

Bench Press (% of 200)

32.5%
32.5%

Barbell Row (% of 180)

47%
47%

You've got your boomerang biscuits, right? Or are you more of close-combat battle-bread-wielder?

I prefer the versatility of a battle muffin. But I diversify as much as possible 

Don't get it. At all.

But welcome back anyway. ;)

Read Terry Pratchett's Discworld series! If you like fantasy, or satire you will be cracking up the whole time. Even if you don't like fantasy or satire, they are just excellent.  

Bjorn

Dwarven Ranger 2

Str. 2 Dex. 1 Con. 3 End. 3 Wis. 1 Cha. 1

Stronglifts 5x5

Squat (% of 270)

30%
30%

Deadlift (% of 360)

32%
32%

Overhead Press (% of 120)

50%