• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Taijibum

How many Tai Chi people are here?

1 hour ago, Kung Fu Girl said:

I train in tai chi and xing yi, along with kung fu (mostly northern Shaolin).  It's fascinating to me how much better my kung fu has gotten since starting tai chi.  Love it!

I have found the same.  My balance and power in shaolin have both improved greatly with my taiji.  I also think my taiji has improved because of the shaolin.  I think both complement each other very well.

• Like 2

How many Tai Chi teachers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?  11, 1 to screw it in, 10 to tell him why he is doing it wrong.  I have been studying and training since the early 90s.  The only form I have kept is the Yang short form.  Learned some Chen and Wu along the way, took what I wanted and let it go.  Also love Bagua.  Studied a few other things for a while along the way, but I keep going back to basics.  Peace :-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diego Moreno said:

Can I learn Tai Chi vid videos or is something I have to go personally with a teacher? 

You will never learn correctly without a teacher........there is just so much going on.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2017 at 0:53 PM, Diego Moreno said:

Can I learn Tai Chi vid videos or is something I have to go personally with a teacher? 

While an actual teacher is always best, you can definitely start with videos, then try to find some workshops in your area to get feedback.

• Like 1

Hello, Taiji folks;

I just joined Rebelfitness and I'm trying to find my niche.  Druid was a fairly obvious class choice but I suspect I'll be exploring challenges from other classes quite quickly.  I've been practising Taiji for 20 years.  LIke most, I started with the Yang Short form but quickly expanded into other practices. While there are many differences, the principles are quite universal so Yang, Chen, Sun, Wu, etc, it's all taiji. 

I'm more than willing to answer any general questions about Taiji. If I don't know the answer, I almost assuredly know someone who does.

My most recent exploration is a style of Qigong with martial applications called 18 Luohan. It is similar to Taiji but has a focus on health that is exactly what I need at the moment.

• Like 1

I started with some harder kung fu and kempo as a kid, and trained in southern mantis kung fu years ago. The last 7 or 8 years has been mostly Chinese internal. The school I normally train at has a rotating curriculum, coming mainly from Bow Sim Mark. I learned a set called Liang Yi, from the Fu style, and have done a little Chen and Sun as well, along with their Xingyiquan and a bit of Bagua. I'm currently not training there regularly, but I'm trying to keep a daily practice of the 24, and I've spent the last 2 years or so training in I Liq Chuan when I can(the closest teachers are about 2 hours from me, so I do extended private lessons, seminars, and as much home training as possible).

Nice to see some other practitioners here!

• Like 2

My name is Douwe Geluk and I started with Tai Chi about 20 years ago. I started with the Yang style, Cheng Man Ching and later i expanded my knowledge by doing Chen and Wudang style as well. I opened my own Tai Chi Apeldoorn school which is called the Scource of Happiness Fu Yuan.

I teach Tai Chi, Chi Kung and Mindfulness to my students at my school Bron van Geluk.

In the near future i will start Tai Chi kids defense classes as well.

Tai Ji Quan is great!