Naxius vs. Thesis. Final Round. FIGHT!

Naxius

Will post a bigger reply later. I just haven't had the time to sit down for long enough to do it yet.

Just throwing this up here for the sake of accountability: I NEED TO DO TWO THINGS TONIGHT. TWO. THINGS. No ifs or buts!

1. Coffee business name change request. It's easy FFS!

2. Take my measurements for a coat I'm getting commissioned.

BBL. Almost late for work :o

• Like 1

Did she do it?  Will the name change and measurements be done in time?  Find out next time here on Naxius Radio.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

The measurements thing is done (on the same night I made the previous post, whoa!) and so is the page...almost.

The issue with the page is that it has to be written, printed, signed and dated, then scanned in and e-mailed to the company. I contacted their support line and they told me what information I had to have on the letter, but of course several more questions popped into my mind as I was writing it up. I've e-mailed their support people with the questions and the draft, but now I'm waiting for them to get back to me. I figured there was no point in doing the print-sign-scan routine if there's still a chance the letter isn't done right :P

I have another list in a notepad file that I'm also trying to chip away at. Those will be posted today. And hopefully done today, too. Day off, wheee!

• Like 1

Another Mason!  

Nax, he's right.  Do what you can, don't sweat what you can't.  Or this:

In my fraternity (I'm a Freemason) we have a saying: "You can only do as much as your cabletow allows", meaning that a person can only do so much, we all have limits (time, energy, money, etc...) that we have to accept and use them to our advantage.

The fact that you made any donation at all speaks for your good intentions, find happiness in that.

btw, just got my credit card bill for Hal-con, I swear there are tear stains on it! <g>

You guys are right. I have a feeling that "STOP WORRYING ABOUT SHIT YOU CAN'T CHANGE" is a thing I'll definitely have to tackle in a future challenge :P

As for credit card bills: I got one a few days ago...without HalCon fees on it yet. It does, however, have the fees from a month ago where I blew...probably more than I should have, on materials for my next costume. Sure, the HalCon fees are on my online banking statement already, but I won't have to actually pay those until the 28th of December, and I'm drawing that bastard out as long as I possibly can without having to pay interest lol!

If I did look at it right now, though, there likely would be tear stains on my desk and keyboard.

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/06/this-is-why-ill-never-be-adult.html

(HYPERBOLE AND A HALF ADULTHOOD GRAPH)

Here's a secret: You will ALWAYS wonder when you are going to turn into an adult.  I'm 33 and wonder the same thing.  I have a pile of laundry almost to the ceiling.  My crowning achievement this weekend is I sorted it into "clean" and "dirty" piles.  It took me WEEKS to get the energy just to do that.  My desk looks like ground zero for the show Hoarders.  Those feelings of being overwhelmed are common and don't go away at some magical age when suddenly the world is effortless.

But you know what?  You're right.  You ARE awesome.  You've replied to emails, looked into your health, figured out some of what you need to do to and done some decluttering.  You even FOUND things in your piles that you thought were lost.  You know that what your family says to you isn't what you need while acknowledging that they mean well.  And you put together an awesome cosplay, went to a con, and donated to a friend in need amidst it all.  You're amazing.

Think of your progress like the stock market.  It has its ups and downs, it might crash sometimes, but over time the trajectory is always up.  Every little thing you DO accomplish is one more step towards your goals.  

(SUCCESS GRAPH)

Damnit. So the "How do I adult??" thing never goes away? That's rather aggravating. Or inspiring because maybe I've been doing it right (to a certain extent) all along? I'm trying to chip away at the to-do list as much as possible, but new items always come up to replace the ones I scratch off. Although now they're coming a bit slower. Could success be in sight? Ermahgerd!

Also, A+ use of the adulthood graph from Hyperbole and a Half. I've posted it on NF a few times before too, and it's accurate EVERY. FREAKING. TIME. lol

The ups-and-downs thing reminds me of a workshop I was in last spring, actually. It's exactly what the counselors running the workshop were saying. I still have the notes. Apparently I should re-read them :P

Speaking of looking into my health: BLUE CROSS CARD CAME IN THE MAIL! Now I can call them and ask if they'll cover the testing. It's the last option for coverage. The next option after that will be something along the lines of "Naxius becomes rich", but that might take a while.

The next list:

- THESIS: dedications page

- THESIS: acknowledgements page

- THESIS: CV

- THESIS: meet with co-supervisor, which I just remembered about today. Like, 30 seconds ago, shiiiiit

- Print, sign, scan letter (if support gets back to me today)

- Reply to people on Facebook (ALL OF THE ONES THAT I HAVE BEEN PUTTING OFF! Seriously!)

There's more, but I forgot some. BBL!

• Like 3

You've got this, Nax.  Kick some ass!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I never really left. It's been one of those work things :P I tend to start slacking whenever I have a work day. I've been sleeping a little more, though.

One of the recent NF articles sort of opened my eyes, too. The one about setting up your environment for success. After some reflection, I've realized that the biggest hurdle to getting important things started is that I don't have everything on the same computer. This computer (in my office at home) doesn't have MS word. My laptop does, but there's no room for it in here, so I have to put it wither at the supper table (cluttered, noisy) or in my room (cluttered)...so if I could get this shit sorted out somehow, I'd be a lot more productive o_o

Also, today and tomorrow off, yay!

I heard back from the support team about my letter. There are only a few modifications to make, and they also stated that username changes are usually not done. I hope I can convince them to do it in my case...

Will update more at the end of the day. Or tomorrow. I've gotten roped into going to the bar tonight x_x Not sure if I still feel like it or not.

• Like 2

SO MANY DAYS OFF! Haven't done much lately, unfortunately. I managed to meet with my co-supervisor (finally) and that meeting lasted all of five minutes. We were supposed to discuss data, but it was more like "Understand every bit of this paper, and figure this out. I've already figured it out but I want you to explain it to me because you'll have to be able to do that at your defense."

I's like, yeah, I can do things again, but asking me to be able to think is just...ugh. Now I have to read a paper and I don't even know if I'll have the brainpower to do that.

In other productivity-related news:

Yes, this means nothing. I did, however, participate in the city's Santa Claus parade, because the theme was super heroes this year. The local cosplay group had a spot in the parade, and I was there freezing my ass off with everyone else.

This is what happened after, when some of us went to the pub to warm up:

tumblr_nfuy14VOsu1rz9pqqo1_500.jpg

This was taken just after I got called off work. It was a glorious feeling. Unfortunately, I'm feeling a lot less glorious this morning ;P I hate having more than one beer in one sitting, and going to pubs because it's expensive, but what the hell. It's been about a month since HalCon and I've been good. The next drinking event will be the work party on December 14th :o I almost feel like cosplaying there, too, just because.

BBL. Going to attempt to be productive. I need to at least do the freaking letter :\ Or maybe read the paper.

• Like 2

This was taken just after I got called off work. It was a glorious feeling. Unfortunately, I'm feeling a lot less glorious this morning ;P .

Sadly this just gets worse the older you get...

Sounds like you got life under control, knowing you have to work at it is half (or more) of the battle.

Glad you made it out to the Santa Clause parade, sounds like fun was had by all.

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Investigate and counter their claim if you think it's in error.  Logic will prevail, Nax.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I just checked. It's not an error.

As I'm freaking out about this, mom's reading an article in the paper about two people in town winning the lotto, and how awesome that is.

I just saw this picture on Facebook:

1463685_562100227239696_1065342689447175

^ I totally borrowed more than that amount, yay!

...Aaaand the big MasterCard bill has yet to show up, more yay!

I just want to fucking die right now. Fuck money. Bank account will be near 0$ for christmas, AND I have other things lined up already. Yay poverty! And apparently it's never going to fucking end because the job market for shit in my field is practically non-existant.

EDIT: LOLOLOLO I AM GETTING YELLED AT TO THINK POSITIVE RIGHT NOW

I was actually doing well this challenge so far. Why does fucking money and despair and reality always have to do this when things are going well? Fuck. Now next time I make a purchase for myself, my family will rip me a new one. SORRY I WANT TO ACTUALLY ENJOY LIFE EVERY NOW AND THEN, GUYS!

EDIT2: Nevermind. Already getting yelled at and called an idiot for spending money on comics, and cons, and gym.

• Like 1

I tried. Really.

The amount was for $929.41, and the lady at financial services said we could make a payment plan or something. So today I went to the bank and paid $429.41 so I'd only have 500 left, and went to see her again to make a payment plan for the remaining $500.

"Oh, you mean the remaining $550?"

Apparently there's a fee if you miss a payment, and every time I asked for them to send reminder e-mails or notices about paying, they always refused. Hell, they STILL refused when I asked for reminders again today. It's like they fucking do it on purpose because they know students are a stressed-to-the-max and forgetful bunch, and administration is making a fortune on all the late fees. Motherfuckers. It's like "Hi, we're financial services :) Oh, you don't have money to pay all of this? Here, let us charge you an extra 50$ so you can not have money for even longer! Happy holidays :D"

I've heard of some farmers speaking of how they can hire a bull to service their cows. I'm sure this is where the term "financial services" comes from.

In other news, my co-supervisor re-scheduled today's meeting. This happens all the time, and the clock's ticking. If I don't have my thesis in ASAP (as in, I don't know,last week?) then I'll have to pay...y'all guessed it: another $1.3k or so JUST to stay enrolled for the extra two weeks it'll take me to graduate in the winter term! Oh, and did I mention that work hours during the holidays ALWAYS get slashed?

Everyone tells me things will get better, but every time I start to believe it, things just get worse. It's like any shreds of happiness or optimism that cross my mind just brings forth bad news.

Oh, and my favorite aunt has lung cancer and it can't be operated, and...yeah, we might have to make a trip there during the holidays.

Productivity for yesterday: ehh...I replied to a thing on Facebook? And last night I read a paper. Or tried to. There's some things I don't understand, but I got the gist of it. I think. I hope.

Today's productivity: blankly staring at the computer screen. Maybe if I set the bar low, anything more productive than what's listed will look great by comparison.

• Like 1

No words, just hugs.

(______ <\-/> ______)     Faille | Level 3 Elf Ranger/Druid

/_.-=-.\| " |/.-=-._\     [xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx78%--]
    /_   \(o_o)/    _\      STR 4.75 | DEX 7.75 | STA 8.75 | CON 11.5 | WIS 15.25 | CHA 8.75
     /_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
Current Challenge | #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
        /((( )))\           My Battle Log
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

Whole 30 Progress - Complete!!  1/5/2015 - 2/3/2015 -  Meal Plan

Comic Con Countdown - Goal 155 lbs, 7 to go
0%
0%

tumblr_mznf1dS1An1rgi7odo1_400.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

The whole money thing sucks, and I'm sorry to say it, but it takes time to pull your head above water.

I remember my days in University being just as frustrating. I wasn't allow to go to my own convocation because I still owed part of my last semester fee's and my student loan hadn't come in yet. And while the money did come in before the convocation, I "missed" a cut off date apparently and still couldn't go. To make matter worse it took over a year for the university to mail me my degree and even then I "owed" them a processing fee. I was so discouraged, behind in my student loan payments etc... that I took whatever work I could just so I wouldn't have to go bankrupt. 

The moral of the story? It took years of hard work, but I played off my student loans, got a well paying job (outside of field though), own my own home, and the world didn't come to an end.

This probably didn't make you feel better, but at least you know others have struggled and survived, and I have no doubt you will as well!

• Like 1

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Okay. I can post again. I think...I don't want to jinx it like the last 3 times I tried making a post and then bad things immediately happened.

1. I'm not dead. Hooray! I think.

2. Progress: nothing. I met with my co-supervisor a few times and we figured out some things. Now the rest of the thesis is ready to be finished. I just need to find the motivation.

3. I forget what 3 was going to be. I don't think there's any further news of interest, though. Nothing positive, anyway.

Thanks for the E-hugs everyone. And motivation. There's always some little part of me that thinks "There's people on NF who believe in you! Don't let them down ok?" when things get really shitty. Living at home is getting to be pretty toxic emotionally, or at least it has been recently. Moving out would be financial suicide, though. I just wish I could attempt to communicate with my parents and not get all emotional about shit -_-

Sometimes you just have to stare at a blank computer screen, I know that, too.

I did that for most of my downtime this week lol. It's like kind-of-sort-of relaxation?

The whole money thing sucks, and I'm sorry to say it, but it takes time to pull your head above water.

I remember my days in University being just as frustrating. I wasn't allow to go to my own convocation because I still owed part of my last semester fee's and my student loan hadn't come in yet. And while the money did come in before the convocation, I "missed" a cut off date apparently and still couldn't go. To make matter worse it took over a year for the university to mail me my degree and even then I "owed" them a processing fee. I was so discouraged, behind in my student loan payments etc... that I took whatever work I could just so I wouldn't have to go bankrupt. 

The moral of the story? It took years of hard work, but I played off my student loans, got a well paying job (outside of field though), own my own home, and the world didn't come to an end.

This probably didn't make you feel better, but at least you know others have struggled and survived, and I have no doubt you will as well!

Ugh. That blows. University crookery survivor high five? An yeah, I'm in the same boat now, with taking whatever job I can. It's much more sane than it was this summer, thankfully. There might even be a slim chance at a promotion in the near future! I don't want to get my hopes up TOO high, but there's a possibility.

That well-paying job can't come soon enough. Time is scary :(

It might not have made me feel better at the time, but it certainly didn't make me feel worse. Eh. Maybe there is hope? I just can't see it through all the crap that's been getting splattered on the Ship Of Life's windshield lately. I just hope thesis submission can be like a wiper that removes some of this crap.

BBL, going to attempt to do a thing. Any thing.

• Like 1

Success! The desk was moved back into my room. After about a week and a half. Now I have somewhere to complete my thesis work, which has to be all done by...Tuesday.

At least I have a few days off between now and then but...holy shit guise. Deadline. PANIC. IT'S GOING TO BE DONE! I hope.

I just noticed that I completely stopped updating my original post lol. Eh. Screw it. I'll do it later, or not at all and just write up my progress on the 21st.

Today I need to call the insurance company and ask if they'll cover that 2000$ psychometric testing I mentioned on the last page.

EDIT: OOOP, AND HERE ARE TWO JOB ADS THAT HAVE A CLOSING DATE BEFORE AND ON THE SAME DAY THE THESIS IS DUE.

Life, I fucking swear.

• Like 1

I have Sunday through Wednesday off. Thank goodness. I don't know how I'd manage if I had to work. I have a 5 AM'er tomorrow, though, and need to get a few more pages done. I'm also not the least bit tired right now, soooo...

WHISKEY, I CHOOSE YOU! (I'm still amazed that it only takes one shot to get me tired now.)

Going to write a bit more before sleeping. I might not post on here much in the next few days, because this challenge absolutely MUST be done before Tuesday.

Brain dump with ideas for the next challenge:

- Vegetables (AGAIN, FOR REAL, BECAUSE MY ASS NEEDS TO STOP JIGGLING, and losing 10 lbs will make me run faster, and I can get higher on the gym leaderboard)

- Meditation/visualization (oops I was supposed to do that here)

- Making money (self-explanatory)

- SLEEPING

- Hydrating (I've been doing okay with this for the last few days thanks to mini-challenge #2)

- Finding a better job

- Sewing projects

- Personal life (side) quest that I'll elaborate on later if I choose to do it next challenge

- 300 workout

EDIT: Oh, and I checked with financial services, and the chances are VERY slim that I'll have to pay $1.200 for winter term. Hooray, less stress! BUT THIS IS ONLY IF I GET THE THESIS DONE BEFORE TUESDAY.

• Like 1