• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Priscillia

Priscillia investigates Frigate Orpheon

Unidentified distress beacon has been tracked to a derelict space vessel in orbit above Tallon IV.

MAIN MISSION

To create and enforce good habits that will help me reach success in my life and in my profession.  

FRIGATE ORPHEON

This mission will focus on preparing to assault my strength/flexibility goals (pullups, deadlifts and various pole tricks), assaulting my diet and keeping sane while preparing for the holidays and the release of a new xpac (WoW).  We'll be following Samus Aran (of Metroid fame) as she explores what's left of the Space Pirate Frigate Orpheon above Tallon IV during this challenge.

• Scan Space Pirate Logs
  • Boss: Parasite Queen
  • Escape!
  • Gold Quest / Varia Suit Malfunction

SCAN SPACE PIRATE LOGS +2 WIS

• Read Starting Strength (400 pages)
  • Prepare Log to track progress (for SS and for measurements/etc) Removed

I'm at the point in my pole classes where I feel like I'm not getting stronger as fast as I would like.  Or in other words, I'm impatient.  However I want to read the book first to understand what the heck I'm doing and why.

BOSS : PARASITE QUEEN +4 CON +1 STA

• 4 days/week No Grains
  • Track Carb Intake

Last challenge I read The Primal Blueprint.  I'm not sure I can delve in 100% living where I do (my family loves their breads and constantly buys some.  This isn't a problem when I live on my own with the exception of take out).  So there are only 3 days a week where I can have grains.  The other four are no grain days.  The second part is not graded, but I'd like to track my carb intake to see the difference between grain/no grain days and see if I can keep it in the PB range automatically after.  I believe a mostly primal diet can only benefit me after the experiments I did last challenge with eating.

ESCAPE! +3 DEX +2 CON

• Splits 2x/week Removed
  • Theraputty/Wrist stretches 5x/week (bumped from 3 on Week 3)
  • Massage Roller/Ball 2x/week Removed

We're not practicing splits as much in class (probably because we don't have enough time before next class) so I'm taking maters into my own hands. Cannon. Whatever.  Speaking of hands, my wrists, fingers and forearms on BOTH arms are not too pleased with me.  Right hand is normal with drawing and gaming.  Not both.  So I bought some theraputty (thank you for mentioning them sylph!) so let's escape this situation.

GOLD QUEST / VARIA SUIT MALFUNCTION +2 CHA +1 WIS

• Pay off last 2% of Gold Quest Completed Dec 9th
  • Make Gifts

Pretty self explanatory.  Pay off the rest of the Gold Quest and make gifts for the holidays.  Samus does lose her upgrades and Varia Suit as she's escaping Frigate Orpheon, my equivalents are simply the gifts I'll be making ;)

MOTIVATION

To feel better, more energetic and stronger.  To lose weight to make learning new moves easier and fit in my old clothes.  To help control my crohn's.  To stop collecting underpants and ACT on my dreams.  To enjoy life and keep momentum!

Edited by Priscillia
  • Like 2

Week 1 Recap

Scan Logs - Nada

Parasite Queen - 5/4 Grain Free Days (!)

Escape! - Splits 1/2, Putty 3/3, Roller 1/2

Gold Quest - Car complete!  Woot!

Varia Suit - last dishes done (Just need to bake)

Week 2 Recap

Scan Logs - Bit of reading in, Got splits progress pics

Parasite Queen - 3/4 Grain Free Days :/

Escape! - Splits 2/2, Putty 4/3, Roller 1/2

Gold Quest - Nada

Varia Suit - Baked Dishes

Week 3 Recap

Scan Logs - Nada >.< Tried but blech

Parasite Queen - 4/4 Grain Free Days

Escape! - Putty 5/5 - Going very well

Gold Quest - Nada (Next week hopefully :D )

Varia Suit - Made some necklaces (bought more materials since much fun was had)

Week 4 Recap

Scan Logs - Bit of reading in

Parasite Queen - 5/4 Grain Free Days

Escape! - Putty 4/5

Gold Quest - Waiting for Clearance :D

Varia Suit - HALLEJUAH!  Only need the scarf and to wrap stuff -dances-

Week 5 Recap

Scan Logs - Nada (might fail this)

Parasite Queen - 4/4 Grain Free Days

Escape! - Putty 5/5

Varia Suit - Scarf needs to be steamed and wrapped, but complete otherwise

Week 6 Recap

Scan Logs - Fail

Parasite Queen - Failed miserably lol

Escape! - Putty 5/5

Varia Suit - Complete

Challenge Recap

Scan Logs - Failed

Parasite Queen - 5/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 0/4 (meetings week)

Escape! - Putty 3/3, 4/3, 5/5, 4/5, 5/5

Varia Suit - Complete!

Points Allocated

Scan Logs - 0 (Failed)

Parasite Queen - +3 CON +1 STA (-1 CON for 1 slip and crazy week)

Escape! - +3 DEX +2 CON

Varia Suit/Gold Quest - +2 CHA +1 WIS

Mini Challenges - +1 WIS

Edited by Priscillia

Holding spots for measurements/photos/ w/e

APR 15th 2014

Bust 45

Underbust 37

Waist 38

Hips 46

L Arm 13.75

L Thigh 25

R Arm 13.12 (1/8th)

R Thigh 24.5

SEP 14th 2014

Bust 42 3/4

Underbust 34

Waist 34 (!)

Hips 41 1/2 (!)

L Arm 13 1/4

L Thigh 23

R Arm 13

R Thigh 23

OCT 11th 2014

Bust 43 1/2

Underbust 34

Waist 34 3/4

Hips 41 1/2

L Arm 13 1/2

L Thigh 23

R Arm 13

R Thigh 23

NOV 28th 2014

Bust 42 1/2

Underbust 34

Waist 34

Hips 40 1/8

L Arm 13

L Thigh 22 7/8

R Arm 13

R Thigh 22 3/4

Edited by Priscillia

In on this!

And you will love the TheraPutty, if you don't already. Seriously--my hands/fingers/wrists are SO much happier after making it a routine part of my...uh... routine.

:)

• Like 1

Sooo obligatory invert progression vid :)  These are about 6 weeks apart I think?  first one was beginning of last challenge and the second one was done the Monday after the end of the challenge.

• Like 1

In on this!

And you will love the TheraPutty, if you don't already. Seriously--my hands/fingers/wrists are SO much happier after making it a routine part of my...uh... routine.

:)

:D

Lol yea I'm hoping I end up loving it too.  With all the pole work, drawing, crafts, computer time and game time I've got going on my wrists/forearms/hands are taking a beating.  How long after you started happy hands did you notice a significant improvement on the strain/tightness?

metroid! I love metroid. subbed. :)

Samus is the Best. ;)

Subbing :)

Also I can't believe therapuddy is a thing.  It looks pretty freaking awesome.

It does.  I've only had them for a few days (since shipping was 15$ no matter what I figured I'd get yellow-red-green and blue) but playing around with them is fun.

:D

Lol yea I'm hoping I end up loving it too.  With all the pole work, drawing, crafts, computer time and game time I've got going on my wrists/forearms/hands are taking a beating.  How long after you started happy hands did you notice a significant improvement on the strain/tightness?

Hmm... I was doing non-TheraPutty hand exercises for an entire challenge at least, then got the putty and was doing much better a week or two after that? I think? So not quickly, but not an eternity, either.

• Like 1

Week 0 Recap

Scan Logs - 11 pages in SS, nothing to prepare tracking

Parasite Queen - Tried and failed.  5 days with Grains and did not track carbs :/

Escape! - Splits 1/2, Putty 3/3, Roller 2/2

Gold Quest - Waiting for clearance (I was told max wait would be the 11th)

Varia Suit - Doing super well!

So week 0.  Still somewhat crazy busy, but I almost had my grain goals until friday night (Mom bought Pita goodness and I had no willpower left from the week).  I had already planned a night out with the bff on Saturday and the leftovers (Scallop carbonara) was used on Sunday.  So 5 grain days.  Saturday was totally worth it though!

We saw Interstellar on that night out.  GO SEE IT.

We did not do splits in class Monday, so I'm glad I've made this a goal since I haven't had the time/priority of going to stretch class on Wednesday in a long while. I did one small session yesterday (after using the massage ball on my poor neck).

I've left my Theraputty at work so far.  I've used the green one twice last week.  Super happy I got it :D  Serious thanks Sylph :)

I've got 5 sharpie mugs done on Sunday (goal for the week was to finish the mugs).  I still have 3 items left to do, but these 5 (plus 2 I did a week ago) are ready to bake and then test in the wash on Tuesday.  Supremely pleased with that, since they've been loitering my desk for awhile.  Once the other three items are done, then I can start with the other crafts since my desk will be cleaner :)

I have no idea how I did it, but I've gotten my mother to agree on coming to a yoga class tonight.  She's been feeling bad and cranky and hopefully this helps.  Pole class is before that, so I'm picking her up and then we're out to 90 minute yoga.  Big night :P  And it's not helping that my forearm gets sharp pain every now and then (it's been better since I did wrist stretches).

Warlords (Warcraft) is out this week and I have mixed feelings.  I want to play it.  I really do, but it's soooo far down my priority list right now...

• Like 1

Hmm... I was doing non-TheraPutty hand exercises for an entire challenge at least, then got the putty and was doing much better a week or two after that? I think? So not quickly, but not an eternity, either.

That's good to know :)  I remember you having regular happy hands on the challenge I took a hiatus on, but couldn't remember if you had it on the one before hand.  2 month timeline works for me :P

And Yus!!!  Challenge time >D

• Like 1

YAYYY, so glad to have found your challenge and your inversion progress vids - holding that very inversion without hands for a minute or so is one of the main goals of my challenge (I'm still on Level 1 and would like to join the assassins afterwards). So awesome to find someone at the same point in pole, hurray! 

I've been poling since nearly a year and a half now, starting with no strength whatsoever and quite proud of what all I learned and managed since. But as you say, after a while progress is not as quick as in the beginnings, moves need more power, skill, etc. and patience  ;) sigh - soooooooo I'm superstoked to follow your progress, cheer you on and do the best I can on my challenge, of course. 

Let's fly!

• Like 1

Day 1, Week 1 Recap

Scan Logs - Nada

Parasite Queen - Grain Free (fyi corn not counting this challenge)

Escape! - Splits 1/2, Putty 1/3, Roller 0/2

Gold Quest - Still waiting for clearance (getting antsy)

Varia Suit - Nada

Pole and yoga on mondays as usual :P  Spiral (pole move) is going well, even though we only started on it last week.  Corkscrew (which is close to spiral) is dismal!  Inverts are now concentrating on holding myself upside-down and thigh grip (so I can do handless thigh grips).  I did fall on my butt three times (hard too) but I'm fine if a bit more tender than usual today.  I did splits during stretching and a bit before yoga too.

Yoga (with tag-along mom) was really good.  Not as many shoulder/neck stretches, but enough to help.  I'm now consistantly able to get crow flying for 2-4 seconds with no wrist pain (!) and I was really stable for tree pose on my right leg (left at knee height).  Progress!

I did some Theraputty and wrist stretches yesterday due to some pain in my right forearm.  It stopped afterwards.

Food:

Eggs x3 + Bacon x2

Boston Lettuce + Montreal smoked Meat + Havarti cheese

Protein shake (between pole and yoga)

Boston Lettuce (corn nachos after I ran out of that) + Cream Cheese + Smoked Sockeye Salmon

Tea x2 + Almonds + Dark Chocolate (85%) Square + Dried Cranberries for snacks

And yea, corn is technically a grain (whodathunkit?!?).  I'm not counting it this challenge.  Baby steps to Primal!

• Like 1

Good luck on the new challenge! :)

Thanks!

Sounds like a great day!!

It was!  Mondays are usually really good due to that combo :)  Which is funny 'cause normally I hate Mondays.

YAYYY, so glad to have found your challenge and your inversion progress vids - holding that very inversion without hands for a minute or so is one of the main goals of my challenge (I'm still on Level 1 and would like to join the assassins afterwards). So awesome to find someone at the same point in pole, hurray! 

I've been poling since nearly a year and a half now, starting with no strength whatsoever and quite proud of what all I learned and managed since. But as you say, after a while progress is not as quick as in the beginnings, moves need more power, skill, etc. and patience  ;) sigh - soooooooo I'm superstoked to follow your progress, cheer you on and do the best I can on my challenge, of course. 

Let's fly!

Oh man oh man, holding it for a minute!  I haven't even thought of that yet xD  Too busy trying to not fall ;)

Glad to see another pole dancer here :D There's a few others in the Assassins (I think there's a few in Adventurers too) and aerials/gymnasts too if you want more :)

I've been poling since End of April/May this year (I did have some strength training with New Rules of Lifting for Women (stages 1 & 2) prior) and got hooked once I got over some fears of getting hurt.  And yea, progress is slowing somewhat :/ Patience is like my enemy.  I don't like being patient, especially since I've got so much on the go atm.

• Like 1

Day 2, Week 1 Recap

Scan Logs - Nada

Parasite Queen - Grain Free again

Escape! - Splits 1/2, Putty 1/3, Roller 0/2 - Nada

Gold Quest - PO'ed, but payment is tomorrow and then account is closing

Varia Suit - Baked the Mugs (?!?!)

So DOMS as usual on Tuesday mornings and I got my hair cut set up for Thursday night (Warlords launch day haha I get to avoid all the lag).  The payment for my car still hadn't shown up when I was told it would.

Soooo I decided to call the bank that's financing the auto loan.  Waited an hour to talk to a rep only to find out the rep I talked to last week didn't set up the payment like she said she would.  Was really PO'ed about that and that really bled into the rest of the evening unfortunately (I waited 2 hours for that first rep last week).  Payment is the 13th, and once I get the account closing papers, I don't want to deal with them again unless necessary.

I baked the sharpie mugs/glasses from Sunday.  And word of warning if you're doing them, the colors change.  Like really change.  My dark blue turned goldenrod yellow, the gold (which everyone said was safe) isn't the same and purple turned burnt orange (amid others).  They still look good at least.

Food:

Eggs x2 + Bacon x2 (muffin cup)

Peppercorn Steak + Tuna Salad + Broccoli Salad + 2 small truffles

Ribs + Lettuce + Bananas + Cider

Tea x2 + Almonds + Dried Cranberries for snacks

• Like 2

Ugh I hate dealing with financial companies.  I always have so much trouble with them, and run out of patience quickly.  I'm glad you got it all sorted out, though! And it sounds like everything else is going well so far :D

• Like 1

Boo the payment foo, but glad it's taken care of...finally.

Aside from the colors changing, did the baking make the ink stay on the mugs? I've always wanted to try it..

Yea, though technically it should have been taken care of on the 7th :/  I had a gut instinct that I should have called then but my friends were telling me to relax.  Ah well, if I don't see it out tomorrow there will be words.

I really quickly passed a dishcloth over it (under water) after it cooled in the oven.  I want to test them tonight for heavy scrubbing.  But so far it feels like most of the ink (gold is iffy imo) has been baked into the glaze/glass (one shot type glass and a larger one).  I may be able to post pictures (I know a couple recipients sometimes ask me to link to my thread out of curiosity and I don't want them to see their designs).

I'll report back once I test them.  I'm hoping tonight, but I want to get my pre-wow x-pac quests stuff done...

Ugh I hate dealing with financial companies.  I always have so much trouble with them, and run out of patience quickly.  I'm glad you got it all sorted out, though! And it sounds like everything else is going well so far :D

Most of the time I don't have that many problems with finances.  But in the last 2-3 months these guys have made me wait almost an hour or two EVERY TIME I've had to call them.  They've even hung up on me once and then I had to wait another hour to get another rep.  Up until that point it was out of sight, out of mind.

Thankfully yes, most other things are working out well (except the internet at home).  It's just that I've had so many set backs already and my patience for that particular quest has pretty much dried up lol. 

The worst is that the other rep wrote down "Client said she will pay last installment on Nov 7th at a branch" after she explicitly asked me if I wanted to set up a payment (I told her yes, but it needs to be debited from the account on the 7th).  I've never been to one of their branches in my life.

Sorry... I feel like a broken record since I've been venting about this so much in the last 24 hrs.

• Like 1

Yay! Sub'd!  your invert progress is awesome! I love taking pics and vids for that!  :)    There's basically the equivalent looking move in hoop (cross ankle layback - it's the one in the middle left) which was my nemesis move for what felt like FOREVER!!  Keep working on it, and you're totally right - as the moves get harder, progress gets slower!!  Your videos have inspired me to try and get some of my hoop combos posted.  Right now they're just confined to my phone, which seems like a waste ;) 

• Like 1

Good for you to let the bank people get away with slacking like that! And soon it will be over, just think of the celebration, wheeeee

Awesome start into your challenge  :victorious:

Keep rocking it

EDIT: I meant of course "let the bank people NOT get away with slacking...!"

• Like 1