• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Priscillia

Priscillia investigates Frigate Orpheon

Whoohoo, congratulations on the pole successes!! And how awesome to be planning ahead for skinnier and stronger times!

I was really listening with big ears on the easing in workout ideas and maybe that got it started... or maybe it was a premonition  :playful:  but am now sincerely looking for easy exercises as I came down with a big head cold and as you say, Pole is not easy going - no fun doing any spins or inversion when my head spins from sneezing alone  :nightmare:  

So now I am getting my kick out of your happy success vibes and am visualizing my muscles growing during the enforced rest time 

Oh, and I guess you could probably even just wear bikini panties and no-one would mind ;)

• Like 1

Awesome holding the grip and back muscles!

Paranoia ftl :P But yay yarn and craft stuff! What are thinking of making (unless I'm blind and missed it on your thread)?

I didn't post on mine - every year I make Xmas hats for my husband and stepsons. This year I'm making slouchy hats for eleven and fifteen, and tiny beanies for my husband. I also got stuff for a hat for my mom. Still no clue though for my in laws and dad and stepmom.

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

• Like 1

Whoohoo, congratulations on the pole successes!! And how awesome to be planning ahead for skinnier and stronger times!

I was really listening with big ears on the easing in workout ideas and maybe that got it started... or maybe it was a premonition  :playful:  but am now sincerely looking for easy exercises as I came down with a big head cold and as you say, Pole is not easy going - no fun doing any spins or inversion when my head spins from sneezing alone  :nightmare:  

So now I am getting my kick out of your happy success vibes and am visualizing my muscles growing during the enforced rest time 

Oh, and I guess you could probably even just wear bikini panties and no-one would mind ;)

Thanks!  I think the "I will have less bodyfat % (ergo smaller)" mentality and planning have helped a lot too.  And not just with my budget (though that got blown out of the water spectacularly this black friday weekend :/).

Ouch!  I'd just give yourself a freebie because if you're that sick it's better to just sleep it off at that point.  You can't control when you get sick, but you can somewhat control recovery.  Walking around in the open air might do some good too.  Or yoga/stretching.

I'm sure I could wear bikini panties, I just don't feel comfortable doing so yet (maybe soon).  Although I did find my dream shorts!  They're the ones that have drawstrings on the sides of your legs (so I guess I can turn them into pseudo bikinis when I'm ready).  This was of course after I checked every other viable store ( and bought another pair that would be serviceable but $$) in the mall and the only reason I went in that store is because my friend went in haha.

Awesome holding the grip and back muscles!

I didn't post on mine - every year I make Xmas hats for my husband and stepsons. This year I'm making slouchy hats for eleven and fifteen, and tiny beanies for my husband. I also got stuff for a hat for my mom. Still no clue though for my in laws and dad and stepmom.

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

:D

That sounds fun :D  Though the beanie looks similar to a tuque!   Is there a certain colour and style of scarf/accessories they always wear in colder weather?  Wish I could be of help haha.  Sending lucky idea brainwaves your way instead!

Week 3 Recap

Scan Logs - Nada >.< Tried but blech

Parasite Queen - 4/4 Grain Free Days

Escape! - Putty 5/5 - Going very well

Gold Quest - Nada (Next week hopefully :D )

Varia Suit - Made some necklaces (bought more materials since much fun was had)

I did a lot this week.  A lot of shopping that is  :hopelessness: 

Needless to say my battle plan was blown to pieces (haha "No battle plan ever survives meeting the enemy" comes to mind).  Clothes and Teavana.  So much for only 2 pairs of jeans (at least everything is a smaller size...).  I got my pole shorts though!  And this awesome calendar for the office;

vaders-little-princess.jpg

Still no protein powder that tastes good with water though   :uncomfortableness:  Thinking of going to Popeye's to see about the dynatize (sp?) and the optimum gold...  Any suggestions?

Grain days were Monday (wonton soup leftovers + bread in BLT), Wednesday (BLT) and Saturday (Shawarma w/Pasta Salad + Mr Noodles).  This is more in line with what I consider more acceptable (though I'd rather the blts were wraps).  2 of those days could have easily been grain free, but that was my decision :)  This is getting easier and more manageable imo now that I'm defaulting to salads with meat most of the time, but also because I seem to actually have a sensitivity to it. 

I'm really not looking forward to doing the scarf for some reason.  So I did 2 necklaces Saturday night and went nuts at Michaels to gift more of them.  Eh.  I did learn however that I'm going to take a look at resins and where to find good looking stone/things to wire wrap if I do this again next year.  Finding ones I like let alone for a decent price is a PITA.  I can make the damn things to my own perfectionist tune better (probably) (once I learn and practice a bit).

I'm going to try doing what I did to start the necklaces with SS.  Camp a rare on WoW and read on the other screen.  That may help, plus it may net me more mounts (which I gotta camp regardless).... got this beauty last night while doing some necklaces;

hippoblue-bluesaddle-img2.jpg

Also, someone told me this would be me at 80.  I can only hope :P

35035-thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I've heard egg white based protein powder tasted pretty good, thinking of investigating myself.  It's a bit pricier than other protein powders but if it doesn't taste like poo then I think it's probably worth it. Haven't tried it yet though, so I could be totally wrong lol

• Like 1

Two that I've been drinking with just water are plain old Muscle Milk Whey protein chocolate flavor, and Orgain Organic Protein.  Both are more than tolerable, but typically they are the only sweet things I get to consume during the week so they often taste delicious....  Also both are available at Costco...

• Like 1

you are so awesome on your food challenge! And all that creativity!!! Do you have any pics of those necklaces? Those will be some lucky people getting them and they better feel all the fun you had while shopping and crafting :D

Yay about the pole shorts :)

• Like 1

Ouch!  I'd just give yourself a freebie because if you're that sick it's better to just sleep it off at that point.  You can't control when you get sick, but you can somewhat control recovery.  Walking around in the open air might do some good too.  Or yoga/stretching.

Thank you so much for that one! It is unbelievable how relieving it is when someone else gives you a freebie :D I did tell myself the same thing, but you know, hearing it from others is just different :) Took good enough rest to have gone to our Christmas Party and even participate again and am feeling great again now. Let's have a blast of a week four here, wheeeeeeeeeeee  :onthego:

Day 1 & 2, Week 4 Recap

Scan Logs - Nada, crazy busy

Parasite Queen - Grain Free

Escape! - Putty 1/5

Gold Quest - Nada (payday this week)

Varia Suit - Emergency repairs on Sharpie plates (present due Thursday)

No reading (pole and yoga on Monday, crazy stuff on Tuesday),  Both days were grain free (getting pretty easy to say no to grains when I have options).

The new pole shorts work really well with the grip (my teacher was also wearing the same ones lol).  I didn't hold on the poles as long as normal (kept slipping), but the bent arms seems to be a bit more consistent.  Climbing is also getting better once the pole is less slippery from being cold.  Aaaaannnnd... I found out what's holding me on the crossed leg lean back now.  I'm just afraid of flipping down.  I've got the grip part down now, I just need to mentally get over the part where I flip and arch my back downwards.  Score!  Inverted Vs are still hard to hold but I made some progress and my regular upside down inverts are getting more consistent.

I also seem to have gained a lot more flexibility for yoga.  I've also seen improvements in stability/balancing since wearing my vibrams too (just not when I'm really tired from pole lol).

Tuesday I decided to wrap a present for someone's birthday this week.  Sharpie plates.

One colour (gold) came off completely as I was scrubbing some goo off the bottom before wrapping.  Cue freak out and testing ALL mugs/glasses/plates.

So most of them are fine, but I re-baked a bunch just to be sure.  There's 2 batches however that are somewhat affected (and what was affected isn't consistent either).  The last one (wine glasses and plates) I'm going to guess was because the oven broke down the day after (or probably broke before/during baking and I didn't notice).  The other batch affected I think I played with the time/temp.  I'm not 100% on that one since half the batch is perfectly fine and only 2 items really got snafu'ed (the mug that would have been my backup on the plates and a shot glass).  Different colours too (black on shot glass, red on mug) (red on shot glass is fine, black on everything else including the plates has been perfect).  If it was consistent that would help troubleshooting...

All to say, I traced over the silver and black flowers (which were okay but just to be safe) on the plates and completely redid the gold flowers, touched up the red on the backup mug and let them dry overnight.  They'll be baking tonight (and if the plates work they're getting wrapped since they're supposed to go tomorrow!!!).  At least the chocolate won't cause any problems :P

Tonight;

• Bake Plates
  • Wrap present (matching mug (its fine) + plates & chocolates) (maybe start on the other too)
  • Either read SS or get necklaces done
  • Eat more mussels (mmm)
  • Try to keep some sanity

---

I've heard egg white based protein powder tasted pretty good, thinking of investigating myself.  It's a bit pricier than other protein powders but if it doesn't taste like poo then I think it's probably worth it. Haven't tried it yet though, so I could be totally wrong lol

Two that I've been drinking with just water are plain old Muscle Milk Whey protein chocolate flavor, and Orgain Organic Protein.  Both are more than tolerable, but typically they are the only sweet things I get to consume during the week so they often taste delicious....  Also both are available at Costco...

Hmmm, I will look into those further when I get a chance.  I was able to skim through some information on the egg based and muscle milk (as well as locations) and they both sound pretty good (didn't check the orgain one yet).  So If I'm reading correctly some of the articles, the egg one would be awesome for cooking and I think the muscle milk may do the trick (just need to test tasting).  Thanks for the tips Raxie and Mediaguy :D  Hopefully I can pop in on the weekend to talk to people at Popeyes (and then if it works, buy 'em at costco :P)

• Like 1

you are so awesome on your food challenge! And all that creativity!!! Do you have any pics of those necklaces? Those will be some lucky people getting them and they better feel all the fun you had while shopping and crafting :D

Yay about the pole shorts :)

I honestly thought the food challenge would be the hardest (SS after) but it's actually pretty easy once you get into it.  Go figure.

I'm hoping to remember to take pictures (and then remember to post them, that's the REAL problem) on all crafts.  I am really really pleased with some of them :)

Thank you so much for that one! It is unbelievable how relieving it is when someone else gives you a freebie :D I did tell myself the same thing, but you know, hearing it from others is just different :) Took good enough rest to have gone to our Christmas Party and even participate again and am feeling great again now. Let's have a blast of a week four here, wheeeeeeeeeeee  :onthego:

I know what you mean haha.  We expect so much from ourselves that even taking a day off does not compute or enter into the equation.  Glad you got to go have fun at your x-mas party!

• Like 1

Hmmm, I will look into those further when I get a chance.  I was able to skim through some information on the egg based and muscle milk (as well as locations) and they both sound pretty good (didn't check the orgain one yet).  So If I'm reading correctly some of the articles, the egg one would be awesome for cooking and I think the muscle milk may do the trick (just need to test tasting).  Thanks for the tips Raxie and Mediaguy :D  Hopefully I can pop in on the weekend to talk to people at Popeyes (and then if it works, buy 'em at costco :tongue:)

Nice thing about Costco is the 100% satisfaction thing... if you don't like either one, just bring it back!

Way to go on staying away from the grains.  I have a hard time with that myself... It's easy to go days without, but then when they ARE available, or when there are no other options.... the will fails me.

• Like 1

Nice thing about Costco is the 100% satisfaction thing... if you don't like either one, just bring it back!

Way to go on staying away from the grains.  I have a hard time with that myself... It's easy to go days without, but then when they ARE available, or when there are no other options.... the will fails me.

... they do that for the muscle milk stuff too?  I thought that was only for non food/personal hygiene items???

Thanks!  And I can understand that, it's only recently that I've been able to say no or force myself to the grocery store when they're the only option available.  If you haven't read Primal Blueprint, that might help.  I think the explanation and science behind what happens to your body when you eat grains really pushed me (plus the no-grain decision) to prioritize most of my willpower there.

----

Day 3 & 4, Week 4 Recap

Scan Logs - Found different format, got some reading in

Parasite Queen - Grain Days

Escape! - Putty 4/5

Gold Quest - Gave Cheque!  Waiting for clearance (then 100% DONE)

Varia Suit - Plates were a success.  Got more necklaces done and a bit of wrapping.

Soooo apparently if I don't like the formatting on an ebook, I'm screwed.  I found a different version of SS in my folders (with different formatting) and instead of slogging through it, I calmly read through quite a bit (with tea <3) while my mac software was being upgraded at work (bout an hour).  Nice to know.  Also nice to know why my knees were killing me last year while I was squatting.  Jeebus.

Burrito (freshly made from the grocery store) on Wednesday and Pizza yesterday (co-worker's birthday, a bunch of us ate together which doesn't happen often for me).  Food coma after Pizza, was mostly okay after Burrito.  There's a sensitivity there for certain.  Goal today is to do grain free.

My co-worker loved the sharpie serving plates, and I have promises of pictures of them in use from her :)  I'm super glad because I know she does lots of big dinners and the cooking (her cooking!!!!) is sooo delicious.

The new oven, however, causes the nastiest smell/fumes when the mugs/plates are baking, so I don't think I'll be able to fix some of the ones that are left (my mother forbids it).  Thankfully most of them are done.  I can just make extra necklaces/bracelets for the gifts affected (or get more chocolates).  I'm glad to say I'm almost done!  But I may have caught the craft bug...

Any tips on how to keep arugula/spinach not soggy and smelly? Lately they seem to go bad really quickly...  Some say to put a couple paper towels in there?  Does that work or do you have to do something else???

---

NOV 28th 2014

Bust 42 1/2

Underbust 34

Waist 34

Hips 40 1/8

L Arm 13

L Thigh 22 7/8

R Arm 13

R Thigh 22 3/4

Loss of 20.13 inches since April 15th 2014.  Nice.

Edited by Priscillia
  • Like 1

... they do that for the muscle milk stuff too?  I thought that was only for non food/personal hygiene items???

Thanks!  And I can understand that, it's only recently that I've been able to say no or force myself to the grocery store when they're the only option available.  If you haven't read Primal Blueprint, that might help.  I think the explanation and science behind what happens to your body when you eat grains really pushed me (plus the no-grain decision) to prioritize most of my willpower there.

Day 3 & 4, Week 4 Recap

Scan Logs - Found different format, got some reading in

Parasite Queen - Grain Days

Escape! - Putty 4/5

Gold Quest - Gave Cheque!  Waiting for clearance (then 100% DONE)

Varia Suit - Plates were a success.  Got more necklaces done and a bit of wrapping.

Congrats on the debt quest!  That's amazing!!!

And yes, they will take back food.  They don't like it but they will.

• Like 1

Soooo apparently if I don't like the formatting on an ebook, I'm screwed.  I found a different version of SS in my folders (with different formatting) and instead of slogging through it, I calmly read through quite a bit (with tea <3) while my mac software was being upgraded at work (bout an hour).  Nice to know.  Also nice to know why my knees were killing me last year while I was squatting.  Jeebus.

could you share some of that enlightenment? I'm not yet a 100% sure what all to watch out for with the squatting. No knee pain at present, but would love any extra knowledgeable hints dearly, just in case ;) 

squatfig2.jpg

you're supposed to keep the barbell over the middle (arch) area of your foot for stability.  I don't think I was doing that.  Nor do was I squatting deeply (the underside of my thighs were parallel to the floor not the middle of them), or using my hips to go upwards.  Think about the hindi squat if you do yoga, that's the first thing that clicked in my head as I read it.  I'm still not far in the book, but if you're looking to begin barbell training then this is were you might want to consider starting (before moving on to another plan).  This is the fundamentals.  I liked squatting and deadlifting in the New Rules Program, but I hated stage 2 stuff.  I would have been happy to take the steps out of stage 1 and ran with that if I could lol.

There's always this article on the main blog for squats too.

Extra on what happens in the knee;

tqAFaV5.png

• Like 2

I had read the blog article already, yes and found that very helpful, too. But I figured any more knowledge here would be great and that is a great description, thanks. The Angry Bird Workout that I am doing two to three times a week includes a lot of squatting, but without weights and the barbells aren't really calling to me yet. Prefer body weight training and am heavy enough as it is :D

Still, even without the barbell I wanna do them right from the  start.

Week 4 Recap

Scan Logs - Bit of reading in

Parasite Queen - 5/4 Grain Free Days

Escape! - Putty 4/5

Gold Quest - Waiting for Clearance :D

Varia Suit - HALLEJUAH!  Only need the scarf and to wrap stuff -dances-

Lots of cooking this weekend.  Slept in quite a bit (I think I needed it), did grocery shopping (coconut flour, almonds, lots of chicken breasts), laundry, cleaned, finished some matching bracelets for a couple necklaces (had extras leftover so decided to use 'em) and cooked.  Oh boy did I ever cook.  Cut up some chicken fajita strips for quick use, Sauteed mussels and mushrooms, Sweet potato fries, Paleo Chicken nuggets (with tons to spare for lunches), breakfast muffins (sweet potato hash + bacon + 2-3 eggs + pepper in large muffin tins) for a few weeks... didn't get to use the pork tenderloin that's defrosted, but that'll happen on Tuesday I think.  Need to cut up and do something with the mangoes too...

Only the 2 grain days this week!  I woke up today and was all, heeyyyy got a grain day left for the week.  But I didn't follow through with it.  Which is pretty damn cool.

Down to only the scarf for crafted gifts left.  I've packaged a large portion of the gifts, need to wrap them.  Almost done, which is nice because my desk and my room is a mess with all the craft supplies around.  I took a bunch of pictures before packing them thankfully, though my camera isn't the best (hello cell phone!).  I gotta buckle down and read SS after though. So busy.  If I disappear for the next two weeks you'll know why lol!

I could do the last putty for the week, but I think I'm just gonna go drop in my bed now.  Sooooo tired...

• Like 2

wow, you were one busy bee again!!! 

Your cooking descriptions make my mouth water and now I am thinking of mango smoothies....

Rest well and sweet dreams to you  bee_008.gif

By the way, all your crafting was inspirationally infectious and I started to decorate some plain Christmas balls with my daughter this weekend. Played around with glitter glue and pretty stickers to make gifts for granny, grandpas, god mother, her older sister and I even managed a pole dancer one for my teacher.

Was so much fun!!

See what you did there? No I caught the crafting bug from you :D

Too lazy for all the amazing cooking you do though ;) I am soooo loving my slow cooker for that reason. Get a nice piece of meat, add some spices and sauce, put it in and by the time I finish working the meal is nearly done  :cheerful:

wishing you a great new week once you emerge from your well deserved rejuvenation!

• Like 1

By the way, all your crafting was inspirationally infectious and I started to decorate some plain Christmas balls with my daughter this weekend. Played around with glitter glue and pretty stickers to make gifts for granny, grandpas, god mother, her older sister and I even managed a pole dancer one for my teacher.

Was so much fun!!

See what you did there? No I caught the crafting bug from you :D

Too lazy for all the amazing cooking you do though ;) I am soooo loving my slow cooker for that reason. Get a nice piece of meat, add some spices and sauce, put it in and by the time I finish working the meal is nearly done  :cheerful:

wishing you a great new week once you emerge from your well deserved rejuvenation!

Thanks!  I've been sleeping a lot lately, so I guess I needed it (or it's the weather, wouldn't put it past since it's snowing 20-30 cm).

Sweet on the glitter bulbs!  I've seen a couple posts on a group where someone was doing Warcraft faction ones... if I wasn't so busy I'd love to give it a try!  How much time did it take to get them done and how was clean up?  Also, Pinterest is awesome for craft ideas.  Just sayin'.

Mmm slow cooker recipes.  One day (when I get my own place!)!  So it's okay to leave them alone while you're at work?

CONGRATULATIONS on the debt!

and that knee pic is so amazing. thank you for posting it!

Glad you like it :D  I felt so sheepish when I got to this part in the book and it's no wonder I was having problems with my knees last January!

How's the knitting going?

• Like 1

Day 1 & 2, Week 5 Recap

Scan Logs - Nada

Parasite Queen - Grain Free Days

Escape! - Putty 2/5

Gold Quest - Done.  Next will be downpayment to move out.

Varia Suit - I'd say 80% of wrapping is done.  Need to do scarf still.

Pole class went well, nothing really new (other than trying gemini).  The studio is changing how things are working next year.  We get to pay a monthly fee and it's unlimited (with new classes like contemporary pole, floor gymnastics, dance stuff).  It's cheaper than paying for sessions all year round too.  I just need to check the scheduling and then hope there's room in the scheduling app.  That's my only grip.  It's me remembering to schedule it since I'll probably forget ha!

Skipped yoga (my poor back lol) to get some gift wrapping done.  I'm mostly done.  Just need my mother's, my brother's (just find a card for his gift card) and then the scarf (which I still need to do).  I could have done my mother's but she was in the room at the time haha.

Grain Free days, though I had poutine on Monday after class.  Too pooped to cook even eggs.  It wasn't as tasty.  In fact my thought was that I should have either gotten a burger (I prefer homemade patties though), a shawarma with a huge salad or tried pad thai (I've never had some before)!  So my tastes are changing too.  And the amount.  I had the smallest size, and last week I had less pizza then usual.  Which is funny because I'm devouring salad greens, clementines (2-4 daily) and meat at higher than normal volumes it seems.

Also I've been bad and haven't logged much in LoseIt!  I've been thinking in Grain Days/No Grain Days for the last couple of weeks.  I'm wishing I did if only to see the carb tracking haha.

Also tried adding more paper towels to the arugula (there's 3 in that small container).  It's worked well so far!

Plans for the rest of week 5;

• More food prep?
  • Clean desk of craft materials
  • Make scarf
  • Clean Room and more Adult-ing
  • READ SS
  • more wrapping
  • Bonus if going to pole jam :P

---

And next week I'm thinking of giving myself a freebie on the grains.  We've got clients coming in for most of the week.  Due to my new position, I'll be in the meetings and having lunch with them.  I'll try to stay as grain free as possible, but I know our caterer has amazing cooking and she does everything to make it as healthy as possible (and omg her foooooooood, it's to die for!).  I also have very little willpower when it comes to her food. 

Also, if I need to postpone week 6 and/or take a week 7 to finish goals, I totally will.  I have no idea how next week is going to work since this is all completely new to me.  And as far as I'm concerned, I have most of my goals nailed down pretty well (except SS reading lol).

• Like 1

Doing great on your challenge! Amazing that you are almost done Christmas shopping

Thanks! :D  I just have the crafting part of Christmas shopping to finish :)

(haven't started! yikes!)

(I believe in you!)

• Like 1