No registered users viewing this page.

Priscillia

Priscillia investigates Frigate Orpheon

Day 3, 4 & 5, Week 5 Recap

Scan Logs - Nada

Parasite Queen - Grain Day and Grain Free

Escape! - Putty 3/5

Varia Suit - Scarf is done, more wrapping

Whoever said that writing stuff on a scarf with fabric markers is an easy DIY is a HUGE. FREAKING. LIAR.  4-5 hours on it and my right forearm felt so strained after both sessions (about 2 hours each night).  Jeebus.  It looks darn good if I may say.  But if I do it again, I'm buying stencils and a spray bottle.  Probably won't look as good, but a lot less strain on my hand (and tiring).  I just want to test it by washing it and then it's getting wrapped.  That should be the last of 'em!

Grain Days (Smoked Salmon on bagel w/cream cheese on Thurs, Cookies, pie and Gyros pita (with huge salad) on Friday) were had and they were glorious.  just needed a bit of change from meat and arugula (even if the meat was delicious).

Missed a couple days of putty. It's been busy at work and outside of it.  I've started a new position this week (more responsibilities), preparing for meetings next week, so much shovelling, adult-ing in general, and now I gotta fix my pc again if I wanna play games.  Sigh.  Almost there.

-----

Plans for the rest of week 5 (stuff that got done);

• More food prep?
  • Clean desk of craft materials
  • Make scarf
  • Clean Room and more Adult-ing
  • READ SS
  • more wrapping
  • Bonus if going to pole jam

Next Friday is sushi with a small get together of friends (haven't done that in awhile).  I'm fully expecting to go over on the grain count next week between lunch meetings and sushi haha.

• Like 1

Sweet on the glitter bulbs!  I've seen a couple posts on a group where someone was doing Warcraft faction ones... if I wasn't so busy I'd love to give it a try!  How much time did it take to get them done and how was clean up?  Also, Pinterest is awesome for craft ideas.  Just sayin'.

Mmm slow cooker recipes.  One day (when I get my own place!)!  So it's okay to leave them alone while you're at work?

The bulbs were not much work at all, I didn't look at the clock, but I guess with looking up easy pole dancing stick figures on google images to help as inspiration, carefully applying the glitter glue to draw them and then adding some golden star stickers took me maybe a half an hour?? The glitter glue dried slowly, you can still adapt it a little with a tooth pick where necessary.

I made it real easy on myself by buying see-through plastic bulbs that are made from two halves pushed together (we have a nifty crafts shop in our area having lots of great materials like that). That meant I could decorate one half, let it sit to dry (without rolling off anywhere) and then the other. 

The unpleasant surprise was that the glitter glue, once dried, became so solid that it came completely off the plastic ball!! I could just move it around or take it off as it was. Fixed it with some hairspray and this time it stuck. Just the hairspray made some blots on the see-through parts, of course, so if I had the time I would have bought some form of glitter spray still to make it a part of the design.

Will try and upload a pic for you to imagine it better. Don't know how it would work on the traditional glass balls, but could imagine mostly the same. You might want to lie the painted ball onto an empty egg box for it not to touch too much and yet not roll off... as I did them mostly with my kids, I took the plastic as the safer option ;) 

Slow cooker - one of the yummiest inventions ever! And yes, you can leave it doing its thing while you're at work. Coming home to the smell of ready cooked food is the best  :love-struck:

Just make sure it doesn't touch anything that shouldn't get hot and you're completely safe.

• Like 1

Also, if I need to postpone week 6 and/or take a week 7 to finish goals, I totally will.  I have no idea how next week is going to work since this is all completely new to me.  And as far as I'm concerned, I have most of my goals nailed down pretty well (except SS reading lol).

I think you are doing totally awesome on your challenge and as you say this is all completely new. To me, too and only by going through it do I realize what are realistic parts of my challenge and where I heaped too many expectations on myself. You are acing so many things here, I am sure the successes you were aiming for with your specific quests are well under way.

Gotta keep it sane and fun, otherwise what would be the point of it??

• Like 1

I'm still so psyched to hear you got yourself out of debt.  That's huge.

Other goals are coming along, and you are rocking the world of crafting.  I'm so impressed at your drive... I would have quit with the scarf designs after, I don't know, a half hour?

Keep it up!

:)

• Like 1

Week 5 Recap

Scan Logs - Nada (might fail this)

Parasite Queen - 4/4 Grain Free Days

Escape! - Putty 5/5

Varia Suit - Scarf needs to be steamed and wrapped, but complete otherwise

Subway on Sat (it was glorious.  only thing better would have been avocado on it and some herb potato wedges).  I only had that big sub on Saturday with some clementines and almonds smattered in.  It took me 8-9 hours to fix some computer issues,  but at least I've got no more space problems or internet problems.  Wired is deffo the way to go (old ssd had no wired problems but was completely full and slow, new one was cleaner and faster but had been showing graphic card problems, trouble with internet lan/wifi and was giving me random shut downs.  Wiped the new one, windows updated (70+ updates wtf) the old one, mirrored the old one on the new one, run windows recovery cd and BOOM!  much better.  Lost part of my itunes library (the newer things in the last 6 months) and some other things that didn't copy properly, but they are replaceable in a couple of hour's work).  So that was Saturday.  Totally wiped emotionally and mentally after that haha.  Did some theraputty while waiting for stuff to update.

Friday I washed the Scarf, it dried, need to steam the sucker before I wrap it.  It looks beautiful.  Varia Suit Quest Complete!  Crafting is done and tested.  Just need to wrap the scarf, my mother's sharpie mug (her other gifts are under the tree), find a card for my brother's gift card (put that IN the tree), my dad has his already and then wrap the chocolate bars.  No more crafting (unless I decide to do something for my cousins, but I got no time atm).

Sunday was run around clean, laundry, w/e day, so by the time super rolled around I was exhausted mentally.  I had scripts to read before the clients come in on Tuesday before I could touch SS.  I, instead, called it a night.  Looking forward to the xmas hols if only because it'll be quiet at work AND at home for the most of it.

Wednesday is a dinner work with the clients, Friday is sushi with friends.  Grain days right off the bat (and I'll miss any Pole Jams too).  Looking at the menu for Wednesday's meal I just know it'll be grain day.  If I go over this week, that's fine.  The goal is to survive this week lol. 

I've felt the results of no grain days, so I'm going to keep that up.  I think I'll back off on certain items though (I'm thinking my homemade eggrolls for sure, maybe fajitas).  I know once I have my own place I can go balls to the walls with paleo copycat recipes.  With the limited space I have right now (to store things, to cook) it's too much hassle and that's not even counting the interferance from my family.  Good thing that's the goal for 2015, to move out for the last time!

Last pole class of the year tonight.  Got some Pleasers (exotic dancer heels) to test on spins tonight :D

Sorry if this sounds scatterbrained.  I swear that's how I feel right now so I can't tell if it is or isn't lol!  Too much stuff.

I think you are doing totally awesome on your challenge and as you say this is all completely new. To me, too and only by going through it do I realize what are realistic parts of my challenge and where I heaped too many expectations on myself. You are acing so many things here, I am sure the successes you were aiming for with your specific quests are well under way.

Gotta keep it sane and fun, otherwise what would be the point of it??

Well, it's more the fact that instead of helping with catering and holding the fort, I'm actually in the meetings now.  That's totally new to me.

As for being realistic about challenges, once you're in a groove here, you start to learn how to properly judge your time management or what type of system works for you.  I do well on the weekly, but other types (like boss battles in my last challenge) don't work so hot (for me).  The only thing you can't expect is what RL throws at you (like computer maintenance taking an entire day, car maintenance doing the same or being more $$ than budgeted ect.).

Haha!  I think sometimes just having the goals are what's keeping me sane this challenge!

I'm still so psyched to hear you got yourself out of debt.  That's huge.

Other goals are coming along, and you are rocking the world of crafting.  I'm so impressed at your drive... I would have quit with the scarf designs after, I don't know, a half hour?

Keep it up!

:)

:D It is!  I mean, before I bought the car I knew I could make it work, but like, actually doing it is a whole other thing!  Seriously, it's taught me that I can stick to a budget (and it shows me where I can't too).  I've learned a lot financially.

I'm just bull headed and stubborn on some issues.  Computer maintenance and crafting are some of them :P  It feels like I'm letting the scarf/computer win if I don't (and it's totally worth it sometimes, even if I wanna kill something (but that's what WoW is for)).

---

Challenge related; Grain Free Days are dead to me this week by the looks of things.  Had timbits today, probably going to grab the homemade eggrolls when I get back from class (I've got to re-read stuff for meetings tomorrow + household stuff) and I was just told what our breakfast menu is for Tuesday.  So that's Mon-Tues-Wed + Friday gone and I don't know what's in store for Thursday's menu ha!  Not happening.

And next week is x-mas and I have no control of the menu (and my mother's side is fond of bread).  Or the work brunch menu.  I don't know if I should laugh, make angry frustrated sounds or cry.

I can't remember if I congratulated you on the "no debt" but even if I did, it bears repeating.

That is awesome and you are awesome for accomplishing it.

:D

• Like 1

Day 1, 2 & 3, Week 6 Recap

Scan Logs - Nada

Parasite Queen - 5 grain days (had some today and tomorrow is sushi)

Escape! - Putty 1/5

Varia Suit - Scarf needs to be steamed and wrapped, but done

I feel like a zombie.  Completely drained.  No yoga this week, Pole Class was mostly fun and games (and testing new Pleaser shoes).  Meetings Tuesday, Wednesday and part of today AND I was out till 9PM last night at a work dinner (which was super fun, but I'm feeling super tired now).  And now I'm trying to play catch up with work that should have been done while I was in meetings.  Crazy week, but super cool.

The (mostly) grain free is really the way to go.  My stomach is not too pleased with most of the bread stuff/different things I've been eating this week, but it's more along the lines of "annoyed" instead of "crap, I'm flaring".  Thankfully it's all still pretty healthy foods from our caterer (who's cooking is amazing).  Just not paleo styled.  Lots of deviled eggs and cheese and salads though ;)

Got some stretching+putty on Monday, but the last two days I completely forgot.  SS reading has been a no-go with all the stuff going on.  Need to step it up.

I can't remember if I congratulated you on the "no debt" but even if I did, it bears repeating.

That is awesome and you are awesome for accomplishing it.

:D

Thanks sylph :D

• Like 1

isn't it great when you get your own body to tell you what works best for you? Love those insights, they're the best motivation to keep going. Feel the same here although it doesn't feel good to cut out all grain either, just have much less than what I used to.

You rocked this week while full work schedule!! Wowee  :triumphant:  :triumphant:  :triumphant:

Yeah, if you do yoga regularly and then don't get to it for a few days, it sucks. But if it was fun then who cares? Yoga will always be there for you when you get back to it and life would be too boring if we stuck to schedules and principles tooooooo much  :topsy_turvy:  :tongue:

Wishing a superfun rest of this week, too!

• Like 1

Week 6 Recap

Scan Logs - Fail

Parasite Queen - Failed miserably lol

Escape! - Putty 5/5

Varia Suit - Complete

We're done, that's it, hallejuah, asta la vista, I'm not taking a week 7, no way hos-ay.

Scan Logs, I failed completely (and honestly, not giving a damn).  I think if I ever do a reading challenge, I need to do read x/pages a week.  But considering how busy I've been this challenge (and how tired I've been once getting most of it done) I'm not mad at all.  I'll try getting through it in the interim, but no promisses.

Parasite Queen, I knew I was going to fail that one miserably last week (and I did).  I stayed eating mostly healthy, but my digestive system isn't impressed with the grain overload.  More proof limitting my grains is right.  I'd try again this week, but considering it's the hols, I'll let it go.  The week after it's back to normal.  Also need to ask our caterer (i.e one of my co-workers) about a couple recipes she had... some type of kale salad, some apple slaw and other no grain goodies.

Escape. did putty for the rest of the week (missed two at the beginning).  Needed it!

Varia Suit - Complete, though I may buy extra chocolates and stuff for people (I'm getting surprised by everyone, I swear).  Need to post pictures during the interim (or photoshop a big image of them all)

200.gif

Challenge Recap

Scan Logs - Failed

Parasite Queen - 5/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 0/4 (meetings week)

Escape! - Putty 3/3, 4/3, 5/5, 4/5, 5/5

Varia Suit - Complete!

Overall I did very well this challenge, at least for the things I feel were important.  My hands feel well, I did pretty good on the grains front (with the exception of the meetings week.  I have no doubt that if it was a normal week I would have been fine).  Maybe a bit more gaming instead of reading, but that's me time that was needed :tongue:

Also, confession.  I haven't really been logging my food in the past few weeks, just counting grain/no grain.  I think I like this approach WAY better :tongue:

Points Allocated

Scan Logs - 0 (Failed)

Parasite Queen - +3 CON +1 STA (-1 CON for 1 slip and crazy week)

Escape! - +3 DEX +2 CON

Varia Suit/Gold Quest - +2 CHA +1 WIS

Mini Challenges - +1 WIS

giphy.gif

---

No pole tonight (starts up next week I think?),  I've registered for the new unlimited membership program for 6 months with them.  Made a promise to myself to go to yoga tonight since there's no pole :)

I've gotten some protein powder after asking about muscle milk, the egg protein, optimum gold ect to the guy at Popeye's.  It's a different brand, but so far, it actually tastes like hot chocolate (except it's cold lol).  I tried a 16oz this morning and it's super filling (I drank maybe half that?).  At least I know it tastes okay in water.

More sushi scheduled this week (with my dad, maybe my brother) for an extra present to my dad.  We've got no get togethers planned for him (unless you count boxing day shopping) so I thought that would be nice (we've already given our presents to each other). There's a gift stealing exchange for my mom's side on the 25th.  I normally am to busy/not participating in family get togethers on that side so I make an effort to show up on the 25th at least.

During the interim between challenges, I want;

• To get my pictures posted
  • Finish the new profile on a dating site
  • Do a recap on what my goals for 2013-2014 were and what was achieved/changed
  • Prep goals for 2015
  • Prep next 6 week challenge goals
  • Update my social media/art websites
  • Read SS (harr harr)
  • Go through more stuff to donate/get rid of (did some Sunday night and it felt nice)

Posting it here for accountability :tongue:  I'm working through most of the hols (we have the 24th 1/2 day, off the 25-26 and off the 1st) with exception of the 2nd of January.  So... still busy lol.

• Like 3

your challenge went great! all the stuff you did, I wouldn't worry at ALL about the reading. mostly be thrilled you finished your holiday crafting! well done!

• Like 1

Ermergerhd

I need to look for that zucchini spaghetti maker pronto.

UPDATE:  During the interim between challenges, I want;

• To get my pictures posted
  • Finish the new profile on a dating site (Almost Done Here!)
  • Do a recap on what my goals for 2013-2014 were and what was achieved/changed
  • Prep goals for 2015
  • Prep next 6 week challenge goals (Splits, Pull Up progression, Grain Days methinks, keep it simple for more momentum/unexpected?)
  • Update my social media/art websites
  • Read SS (harr harr)
  • Go through more stuff to donate/get rid of (did some Sunday night and it felt nice)  (Sorted through LOTS of paperwork)
Edited by Priscillia
  • Like 1

So all this cleaning paperwork drawers has netted me 2 New Year's Resolutions (or goals) for 2013 and 2014.  

Strike Through = Got Done, Green = Getting There, Yellow = Started.  Red stuff I practically didn't touch.  Keep in mind I did most of this stuff this year (2014).

• Eat healthy
  • Wear a bikini
  • Get wind up (or longer cardio endurance)
  • Lose Weight
  • Tone Arms
  • Smaller Thighs
  • Flatter Stomach
  • Nicer butt
  • Gain more muscle
  • Heavier weightlifts
  • Enhance flexibility
  • POLE DANCE
  • More Swimming
  • Yoga? (yes there is a question mark)

• Get out of debt (CC, Student IOU, CAR)
  • Get a workout habit
  • Clean up Diet
  • Draw more and gain a following
  • Go to a Con
  • Start extra incomes
  • Prep comic/stories
  • Write kid's book?
  • Deadlift my bodyweight
  • Do a pull up

2013 I got my new job earlier in the year, I started some working out, but was raiding on WoW and put playing as priority.  I found NF in July 2013 I think?  Didn't join but read the articles.  I also triple, quadruple checked to see if I could buy a car and pay it off in a year.  Then I searched for one (used, under $10k, well rated from lemon-aid).  This idea started in mid July (when construction began downtown and my commute one way was taking 2 hours almost) and I finally got lucky at the end of September and pulled the trigger on my cute little Yaris.  

2014, I took a downturn at the beginning of the year (we put the family dog down in February, I barely felt the want to log online or play games for awhile, in fact I was on hiatus till WoD came out).  Some of this stuff triggered my crohn's, my perscription increased and then my GI said we may need to take a look at remicade or humira (needles taken every so often and expensive as hell).  I said enough was enough.  I joined the forums in April 2014.  I took my first pole class at the end of April due to the urgings and the "dooo eeeeeet"s from you gals and guys :D  I fell in love with it. I tried yoga (which I was not keen on AT ALL) and fell in love with how relaxed it made me feel (and it helps my crohn's!).  I took a hiatus when it flared again (nothing I did, a prescription my doc should have double checked did it) but it was gone very quickly.  I started tackling some of my eating habits even during hiatus (tea!!).  And here we are, ending the year with my biggest goal completed and what's probably one of my best challenges so far.

SO WHAT'S UP WITH 2015?!?!

I haven't prepared my next challenge yet, but here's a bucket list of important things for 2015 (not exactly a resolution, but stuff that should be scheduled)

• MOVE OUT (rent/buy w/e, move out for the last time)
  • Save for downpayment/ Get started in the income property side of things
  • Do something with my art and updates (commissions, fun drawing, just put more priority on it)
  • Go on a date/ Start paying attn to that side of life (I've ignored it for so long...)
  • More flexy/balance (yoga!)
  • Continue pole (and get a pole?)
  • Continue cleaning up my eating habits (getting there)
  • Get stronger (pole + either Body weight or weightlifting)
  • Get my splits
  • GET THAT DAMN PULL UP
  • Like 3

Whooohooo, with this background info I am even more impressed and girl, you so ROCKED your goals!!!

How awesome that you found the yoga helping so much with crohn's and that you love it so much now. YESSSSS to more poling and getting your own, it is so worth it!

Love how your goals are aiming for what makes life fun and adventurous. The way you are going, your 2015 will kick major ass! 

• Like 1

Sorry I wasn't around for a lot of this challenge, but you definitely did aaaahmazing! Especially considering the holiday season and crazy weeks.  I'm excited to see what you've got coming up next over in the new challenge!

• Like 1

Don't be sorry, I think we were all pretty busy this time of year :)  And thanks!  Looking forward to seeing how 2015 looks for ALL of us (there will be major wins for us all! I can feeeel eet!!!)

• Like 1

Cross posting these :D

necklace Gifts

Sharpie Mugs

That said, they loved them!  The mugs seem to be used often, and I see one necklace (the one with the wood and the tree) being used constantly :D  Super pleased (and my boss was teary with the scarf (she wrote the poem that's on it)).