• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Last challenge was a complete failure, so I need to take some time off from Epic Questing to get my head back in the game. My mental fortitude took an ass kicking last challenge and without working on my Wisdom stat I don’t feel like I’ll be able to keep levelling up effectively. I just want to have fun with this one and stop stressing so much! I also miss the druids and now that spring is here I want to be mindful enough of the outside world to truly enjoy it. 

MAIN QUEST: DIE HAPPY

Simples.

Current quest: 

Cheer the f*** up.

Step 1 - One long meditation session a week. +1000 points

I get stressed trying to remember to do so many things a day, that I figure I'll just give myself one session to remember to do and be done with it. I should try to make it over 20 minutes but to be honest, as long as I'm meditating I'm winning. 

Step 2 - One long yoga session a week. +1000 points

Same thing as with the meditation. I get so stressed and guilty about not doing everything I should that I freeze and do nothing. Should be at least half an hour of yoga, but any yoga is pretty much a win right now. 

Step 3 - Keep a log of how I feel day-to-day. +100 points p/day

I'm getting better at noting what changes my levels of happiness and affects me greatly, but if I can actually see it and write it down I can then work out what I need to do to avoid dramatic mood swings and dips in motivation. 

Some things I could log;

-work hours

-weather (if it affected actions/mood of the day)

-positives / negatives about the day

-sleep quality (time awake, / sleeping, feel upon waking)

-foods, if they had an effect on my body.

-different moods throughout day, what changed them. 

!! Bonus Missions !!

These are things I should do but don't always feel like doing and I'm not going to guilt myself into doing them. I want to create triggers for good decisions based on how I'm feeling or what I'm not doing. 

- Extra meditation or yoga sessions during the week. +20 points per session

- Use bodyweight exercises to release anger. +100 points

- Be creative if I'm sitting around fidgeting. +50 points

- Attempt to talk to someone in my social circle about how I’m feeling / what I’m thinking. +200 points

- Get out of the house. +50 points

- Clean something, anything if feeling bored. +100 points

- Say something nice to myself. +10 points per nice thing

- Add a serve of steamed vegetables to any meal. +20 points per serve of vegetables

• Like 1

Hi, Teagarden. Meditation, yoga and a journal. Sounds like some serious self-improvement going on there! Good luck!

Thats the plan! If I can work on being happy just being, I can stop stressing / being guilty about how I think I look. 

I like the focus for your challenge. I've found that working on mental health is important in being able to make progress in other areas. I really like your daily log idea. I keep trying to do that and not being very successful.

I like the focus for your challenge. I've found that working on mental health is important in being able to make progress in other areas. I really like your daily log idea. I keep trying to do that and not being very successful.

For the logging, I'm going to try and just leave a writing app open on my laptop constantly so whenever I wander back in between things I can update it quickly. I'd love to write it in a real book, but I know myself well enough to know I'd just forget and half ass it and it wouldn't be helpful at all. xD I'm also getting much to aware of how low my mental state has been and I know I'm not going to get any further in life / fitness unless I address it. :P 

• Like 1

For the logging, I'm going to try and just leave a writing app open on my laptop constantly so whenever I wander back in between things I can update it quickly. I'd love to write it in a real book, but I know myself well enough to know I'd just forget and half ass it and it wouldn't be helpful at all. xD I'm also getting much to aware of how low my mental state has been and I know I'm not going to get any further in life / fitness unless I address it. :tongue:

I've tried using books and it never works for me. I have an app called Day One all my various devices that I use when I'm being sensible. Having depression and dealing with it is a constant challenge for me. Its been so nice lately having it somewhat handled so that I don't actively hate myself every single day. All the effort will really be worth it! I'll do what I can to cheer you on :).

• Like 2

Thanks, Amdhiel! I was going great for a while there - with the not hating on myself every day - but half way through last challenge I somehow ended up in a major funk and had no idea what triggered it. It was pretty subtle too, I just sort of, stopped. "didn't wanna" was what normally went through my head. There was a pretty busy period of work gone by this past week, and I think the stress of knowing it was coming up and having to prepare everything and knowing I was going to be doing 9-shifts straight throughout it weighed on me more then it should have and it wore me down. :P 

• Like 1

I can understand when the funk sneaks up on you. I've had it happen many times and it never gets anymore pleasant. I think it's why I've developed a pattern of paying attention to when I start feeling 'off' and trying to suss out the cause.  Work can be very triggery for me if I'm not careful. It's good that you were able to prepare for the challenge of 9 shifts sounds but I can see how it could throw you off your game.

MAIN QUEST: DIE HAPPY

Simples.

Current quest: 

Cheer the f*** up.

Hahahaha :) I love it. Cheer the f up. Yup, I can jump on that bandwagon. That's part of where I'm going too. Good luck!

• Like 2

Sounds like a great break-yet-still-a-challenge challenge to regroup.

I hope so, should be a good way to sign out the year! I can't believe it's nearly over though D:

Hahahaha :) I love it. Cheer the f up. Yup, I can jump on that bandwagon. That's part of where I'm going too. Good luck!

It seems so simple when you write it down, but for some reason i'm still struggling with it. xD basically if I end this challenge happier then when I started I will consider it a win. 

It seems so simple when you write it down, but for some reason i'm still struggling with it. xD basically if I end this challenge happier then when I started I will consider it a win.

Oh, I get it. I've been reading around on the subject over the last couple of years. One thing that seems to work is not to dwell on the negative. Not in the sense of ignoring the bad stuff, but to quit bashing myself over the head with it, quit analysing it (which usually means trying to blame myself), and try to reframe things in a positive light if at all possible, looking for the silver lining. I've found that just keeping a simple list of things I'm grateful for each night helps a whole bunch in that respect, and slowly slowly I can see my responses to certain things changing. It's not always easy, but it's worth it!

• Like 1

I liked that article, thanks! That's what I'm going for with my journalling; I want to pinpoint any external influences on my mood, if any, or what triggers negative thoughts. Also if I can re-cap all the good things that happened throughout the day, I should be less likely to be dwelling on the bad, because the positive will outweigh them. :D

• Like 1

Found you...following you (of course, cause you're awesome!) 

come-on-inner-peace.jpg

Hahahahaha! My timer alarm is Back in Black by AC/DC to test my calm after practicing Tai Chi and it scared the heck out of me this morning. I can definitely identify with this poster! I hope Teagarden is doing better than this.

• Like 1

found you ! love your challenge this time, seems maneageable. You added things you like and not just things to do, good job :)

Yus! Definitely keeping it simple for the last challenge of the year. 

Those are nice simple goals.  I love how you have all those bonuses for going beyond what is necessary. 

I felt like I should have a list of things I needed to attempt, but I knew I wasn't going to handle the stress of trying to "make" myself do them, so I'll just leave them as optional and if I do them, then awesome. :)

Oh yeah, I'll also be doing my daily journal updates here this challenge, seeing as it's a major part of this challenge, instead of in my battle log for once. 

• Like 1

Can I still follow you, even if I have gone back to the Monks? Please, please, please!

Pretty sure there's no rules to follow regarding who you stalk. xD I'm stalking a few people from other guilds too :) Of course you can!

• Like 1