♫ starsapart defies gravity ♫

starsapart

Cool!  I'm looking forward to seeing you with the level 1 rebels next challenge!!!  ^_^  SLOWLY BUT SURELY EVERYONE I KNOW WILL BECOME A REBEL - IT IS KNOWN.

Let me know if you make a battle log or anything meantime - I'll follow you!

I plan to make a battle log and an epic quest! Once some of this holiday craziness is over. I think the next challenge isn't until January 5th so I have some time. Anyway I'll let you know :)

• Like 1

Level 8 Asura Warrior

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 [10]

My legs have been worlds apart ever since my injury..... grrrr.  I keep making progress but then somehow my left leg will shrink faster than my right for reasons no one understands and here I am, with two differently sized legs, 5 months after injury!!!!!!

Everyone loses in a different order.... for me, it's my thighs that go last.  All my extra fluff is there and it is the bane of my existence too!  I lose from the top up - my arms became shapely first, then my core (yay abs!) but my thighs and butt are still fluffy.  That's where those last 10-15 pounds will come off of, I hope.  I really can't keep losing very much longer without my upper body starting to look too thin, so hopefully my body will start burning through thigh fat now!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ugh. I wish we could pick where it comes from! 

For me in steps it's every gets smaller except for belly, belly gets tiny bit smaller and everything else gets smaller again but not belly then belly finally loses a tiny bit. I've lost 2 inches in my bra band area and my waist in the past few months but then I feel like the belly pooch just gets more obvious because everything NEXT to it is smaller. If I could take two inches of lower belly and have a bigger bra band I'd be totally OK with that. Damn you genetics!

I guess we shouldn't complain because yay losing weight and getting stronger, but still!!!

• Like 1

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

You did amazing and continue to do amazing things.

I was just wondering, did you take before pictures from the first challenge you did? 

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] <--Current Challenge

Current Saiyan form -  Super Saiyan 

You did amazing and continue to do amazing things.

I was just wondering, did you take before pictures from the first challenge you did? 

Thanks! :love_heart:

And yes, I did - if you go to my first challenge thread (linked in my sig) you can see them if you like!  I've been doing them all along. ^_^

Also, I just finished Inquisition.  Like, right this second, the credits are rolling.

Edit: And then the thing after the credits happened.  And I thought so but omg, gdi, character who I won't name so as not to spoil you.

• Like 4

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

And yes, I did - if you go to my first challenge thread (linked in my sig) you can see them if you like!  I've been doing them all along. ^_^

Also, I just finished Inquisition.  Like, right this second, the credits are rolling.

Edit: And then the thing after the credits happened.  And I thought so but omg, gdi, character who I won't name so as not to spoil you.

I havent played much the last few days. Almost a week already? Been pretty busy. And right now I am so tired after the 12 days of christmas WOD I don't want to get out of bed.

I really need to finish it...

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Too many games, too little time!!

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

tumblr_magwfncDfx1qbxlwho4_500.gif

So, here we are!  With 13.5 of my 15 stat points earned (plus 6 bonus from the Assassins' minis!) I sit at a respectable 90% due to my life goal, having made it 100% across my fitness quests.  Thus....

OVERALL CHALLENGE AVERAGE GRADE: A-!!!!!

Quick wrap-up follows!

Before pictures:
c37091ad-5d4e-4562-a85f-ceadd4538ccf_zps d9e2b9fd-46b7-42d3-b607-4589be322a77_zps 97d215d8-1ecb-47af-98cf-b9271e43a4e7_zps
After pictures:
20141221_114659_zpse68b9a8f.jpg 20141221_114705_zps1fc2c167.jpg 20141221_114719_zpsb8f03f0e.jpg

I'm looking at these pics and feeling absurdly good about myself.  Even if I'm bruised to hell and back (though at least the bad lighting hides some of this).  And bloated as heck from shark week.  But like..... I've finally passed the point where I've stopped being ashamed of my body.  THIS IS MY BODY.  It's strong and you know what, yeah, it's beautiful.  Maybe not to everyone, but I feel like it is, and whose opinion matters more than mine, anyway?  I fought SO HARD for this body.  I'm going to wear it proudly.  Sure, I still want to tone up my thighs some, and I would like better muscle definition overall, but hey.  Looking pretty darn okay!

Also, these shorts that I bought a few months back for purposes of before/after pics are SO HUGE.  I had to fuss with them so they wouldn't just hang there in folds.  Wow.  Guess I'll need to use some different shorts going forward!

Before Measurements:                          After Measurements:
Neck: 14.1"                                              Neck: 13.5" (-.6)
Chest: 38"                                                Chest: 36" (-2)
Waist: 30"                                                Waist: 28.8" (-1.2)
Hips: 40"                                                  Hips: 39" (-1)
Thigh: R: 24.5" L: 24"                              Thigh: R: 24.3" (-.2) L: 23.3" (-.7)
Calf: R: 16" L: 15.7"                                 Calf: R: 15.6" (-.4L: 15.5" (-.2)
Bicep: R: 11.3" L: 11.7"                            Bicep: R: 11.5" (+.2) L: 11.5" (-.2)

Weight: 164.6                                           Weight: 155.8 (-8.8)
Dress/pants size: 8                                   Dress/pants size: 6 (-1)

Looking at these..... thighs, thighs, why do you hate me?  They're further apart in size than they were at the start of the challenge!  And the smaller one is shrinking faster!!!!  UGH!  This is annoying.  But!  A lot of other imbalances seem to be evening out (I think I have the barbell to thank for this) and I am getting really close to my goals all around.... weight and dress size both.  Time to make measurements a weekly thing, as they'll become more and more the accurate gauge of success going forward.

Lessons Learned:
  • Pick goals that will actually improve my life.  I'm looking at you, time I wasted stressing over NaNo.
  • Speaking of life goals: I need to keep making these financial until I've fixed the issue.  2015 will be the year of eliminating CC debt.  I have put my stake in the ground.
  • Aerial is awesome.  The bruises are less awesome, but whatever.
  • Finally, I feel confident about my level of fitness.  My self-esteem is still lousy, but my body image has improved tremendously!
  • I completed all goals.... but I would say my level of satisfaction with the process and results varies hugely.
    • Chin-ups and negatives: WOW YES, AMAZING, WILL KEEP WORKING THIS.
    • Handstands: ehhhhh better than they were but I'm less excited about them and will be glad to devote time to other stuff.
    • Straddle: womp womp womp, no real progress, and with the hip issues I had off and on all challenge, I felt like I was only doing this for the sake of doing it.  I'll need to take a different approach to flexibility re-training.  It's something I need to contemplate awhile.
    • Debt management: although I did the worst at this goal (terrible time of year for this, sigh), I'm actually really proud of my progress because... progress in this is important regardless how small.  I can and will do even better!
  • Considering that I re-gained weight in the middle of the challenge and had to get it back off, the weight loss I saw is pretty impressive.

So basically..... a good challenge was had, overall.  Going off to update my signature now!  And I'll be hanging out at my battle log until the end of the year..... so come say hi!

Like a thousand times, you are so amazing!  Congrats on finishing another challenge!

Half Elf, 28.6 lbs overweight, average height, voluptuous, low muscle mass, bad ass mother f*cker

Current Challenge  Fourth Challenge Third Challenge Second Challenge First Challenge  My Long List of Goals 

Level 5

STR: 5STA: 4, DEX: 7, CON: 9, WIS: 13CHA: 8

Weight Goal: 2/43.6

1%
1%

â€œAnd the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom†-- Anaïs Nin

Website      Instagram 

Too many games, too little time!!

I am extremely fortunate to have a gamer spouse and no kids, I think.  :playful:

Like a thousand times, you are so amazing!  Congrats on finishing another challenge!

Thank youuuuu!  I try!

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

WAIT can we talk about those crepes again?! nom.

re: order lost: my legs and butt are first to slim up, then my arms. my belly is always last. it's a good old friend of mine, this appley belly.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

WAIT can we talk about those crepes again?! nom.

re: order lost: my legs and butt are first to slim up, then my arms. my belly is always last. it's a good old friend of mine, this appley belly.

OMG THEY WERE SO GOOD, THOUGH.

Yeah, everyone's got a different order it seems...... my freaking thighs make me crazy.................... stillskies seems to lose from the legs first and I am so envious of her!

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

I finally started playing DA:I on Monday and I'm 24 hours in.

WHOOPS!

Raptron, alot assassin

666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I love MGDMT. So funny.

Also, I'm about 40 hours into DA:I at the moment. So much to do!

I finally started playing DA:I on Monday and I'm 24 hours in.

WHOOPS!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more people to babble at!

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more people to babble at!

I looooove it.

my biggest frustration so far is the "you can't get there from here" navigation around the map. 90% of the time I'm not patient enough to find the road/path around to wherever I'm trying to go so wind up run/hopping up the side of a cliff to try to get there instead. Or trying to get to a quest marker, not realizing that I can't access that part of the map, yet. I had to give up on my urge to completely clear the hinterlands before moving on.

I looooove it.

my biggest frustration so far is the "you can't get there from here" navigation around the map. 90% of the time I'm not patient enough to find the road/path around to wherever I'm trying to go so wind up run/hopping up the side of a cliff to try to get there instead. Or trying to get to a quest marker, not realizing that I can't access that part of the map, yet. I had to give up on my urge to completely clear the hinterlands before moving on.

Ohhhhh yeah.  "My Life as a Mountain Goat: The Inquisitor Levallen Story."  All the jumping on random stupid cliffs ever.  The Forbidden Oasis and the Exalted Plains are absolutely the worst for this this navigation issue, so, you know, look forward to that.

But yes, leave the Hinterlands.  You can come back later.  Plot!  Development!  Characters!!!

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Ohhhhh yeah.  "My Life as a Mountain Goat: The Inquisitor Levallen Story."  All the jumping on random stupid cliffs ever.  The Forbidden Oasis and the Exalted Plains are absolutely the worst for this this navigation issue, so, you know, look forward to that.

But yes, leave the Hinterlands.  You can come back later.  Plot!  Development!  Characters!!!

Oh I have, now. It just took me awhile. :)

I've recruited all my party members, gotten quite a few of their initial personal quests completed, and gotten my romance storyline started. And of course, that saving the world, jazz. I'm working on that, too.

What class/race did you choose? I'm running a dual-wielding rogue human.

• Like 1

Oh I have, now. It just took me awhile. :)

I've recruited all my party members, gotten quite a few of their initial personal quests completed, and gotten my romance storyline started. And of course, that saving the world, jazz. I'm working on that, too.

What class/race did you choose? I'm running a dual-wielding rogue human.

Romance plot always trumps world saving, obviously. ;)

I played an elven mage.  Knight Enchanter specialization, which gave me a lightsaber and made me basically invulnerable to damage.  It was pretty freaking amazing.

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Still haven't beaten da...

I started my second playthrough yesterday..... :barbershop_quartet_

I feel like I'm still hours away from that step. I have one more side area to clear and I just finished the ball murder mystery th8ng.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, the maps are horrible for navigation and the minimap is relatively useless most of the time, but that doesn't stop me from staring at it. That, and the lack of more customization for the AI (why can't I set different priorities for skills while flanked? while enemies are within x range? etc.) are the only things that grind my gears a bit.

I might wrap up this playthrough soon and spend the next one DOING ALL THE THINGS.

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Finding your way around obstacles is infuriating and the maps are not helpful, for sure.  BUT HURRY AND JOIN ME IN THE FINISHERS CAMP SO WE CAN TALK ABOUT THAT THING AT THE END.

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Perhaps one day I will finish this game.... *shakes fist*

• Like 1