♫ starsapart defies gravity ♫

starsapart

That... that is the BEST PIC EVAH!!!! Congrats on winning the race and running a PR!!

200.gif

The greater part of confidence is being unafraid to show people that you are an idiot, right?

Also, MINIONS.  WANT MY MINIONS MOVIE NAO.

I know what your saying about doing a run.

I did a 5k color run with my cousin. Her friends where suppossed to run with her, but they left her in the dust. So I decided I would be nice and run along with her. She had an all or nothing approach. Sprinting at top speed then walking. 

My knee did not like that one bit. So I didn't really enjoy my first 5k. They had music and threw colored stuff at you every so often, but it was kind of wierd to be hearing all this music and cheering, then a second later just hearing all the people breathing and stuff...

I do have completing a 5k on my wall still... But it's not something I am looking forward to.

Yeah, stillskies did a color run, and I sat and waited at the finish line (I was still in a brace at that time).  I was like, wow, these people look like they're having fun, maybe next time I should do it!  But the actual thing was less fun in places than I hoped. I think I would have done better with music...... Maybe I'll do another next eyar sometime, but I do not like running enough (read: at all) to go running in sub-freezing weather, so the winter runs are out for me!

I found your challenge, woo! :D Mine's in my sig. Go us!

Let's go go go!

Ahoy there Cap'n! Glad to be on ye crew again this challenge. Congrats on the epic win with your 5k!! I fell over when I saw the awesomeness that is your Firefly theme - looking forward to seeing how things progress for you! Let's go be flexy bendy! Have a great first week. serenity%20summer%20glau%20river%20tam%2

cFbmEyN.gif

Ahoy!  Looking forward to being as gracefully deadly as River Tam, for sure~

Even if I'm much more like Inara in most ways......................

Ahoy hoy! Subbing for gifs and awesomeness! 

Congrats on completing the run. That picture is brilliant! 

I'm attempting handstands this challenge too. With 100% probability that I'll end up falling flat on my back / ass at least once.

Huzzah handstand buddy!  We can fall over together, it'll be fine!

Yay for a PR and yay for first 5k!

I always run with music. I don't like hearing other people breathe heavy. And mostly I like running races BC they give me a training deadline. I'm not great at running for runnings sake.

Glad you had fun and ZOMG that photo is brilliant!

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

Hahaha thanks, I'm glad everyone seems to love my exhausted face so much!

I was going to post some motivational picture or fun animated gif ... but figured instead I'd see if I could help you out with some "insider" scout knowledge.  :blink:

Playing tag with your dad tells me you're probably trying to run too fast. This burns you out quickly causing you to walk until you feel like you can run again... if you're doing the run/walk method that's cool but if you're trying to maintain a steady pace ... looks like it is time to work on stricter pacing.

Water issues during the race is likely a hydration problem. You should look into up'ing your water intake before a race to help prevent race day dehyration and such.

You need a running buddy. They help! 

oh and here's motivation

Running-Motivation.jpg 01330b73c6b4891b22fcf93fdaff66fb.jpg

Yeah, I've always done the run/walk thing, just because shorter/faster sprints are going to serve me better in parkour etc. than a slower, steady pace.  It's probably not the best way to run a race, but I basically did what I was familiar with.....

I definitely should have had more water beforehand, my one big cup of tea was so not sufficient hydration.

The runners I know are all way faster than me... I wouldn't ask them to pace me, ha!  Thus, music.

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Wow! That's awesome!!! Well done, I can't believe that two months ago you couldn't walk without a splint!

You look great in that pic, I'd be crimson, haha!

Hahahaha I'm sheet-white as a rule (I mean, look at the pre-race pic and compare my skin tone to ANYONE ELSE), and I think I mighthave been red at some point, but maybe I'd gone past that into mildly ill exhaustion?  idk!

Ummm you're challenge is firefly wicked themed and you've got bendy fun stuff going on. Must follow.

Challenge day 1 activate! Even if it's a rest day! Haha

Sent by TARDIS delivery service. Apologies for typos caused by interactions with the time vortex.

WHAT IS A REST DAY?

image.png

Today is a Stronglifts day...... and handstands and bendiness.  Of course I'd rather sleep, but.... ENERGY, ACTIVATE!

Yay! You lived! Never had a doubt, but I know how it feels like you're going to fall over dead during that first race, :lol:. I love the photo of you crossing the finish line.  I was telling at teammate once about how I didn't like a photo taken of me during the race and he said if you look good crossing the finish line then you didn't try hard enough, so judging by this photo you tried plenty hard. :tongue: In all seriousness though, I'm glad you finished your first race, you did great. :)

Hahahahahaha yes, I tried plenty hard.  Yay, I did it!

YEAH YEAH YOU TOTALLY DID IT!!!!

(I should have seen this update last night but apparently I decided to fall asleep while watching old Family Feud reruns, what am I, 80????)

I agree with Nol, my face would have been beet red in that picture.  And I may have been projectile vomiting too, that's up for debate.  I LOVE YOUR BLUE LEGGINGS.  Yup, all very good.

Great way to start a 6W challenge!!! ;)

You crack me up.

I love those leggings too, I always call those leggings/my pink top my Candy Land outfit, so I just had to wear it for the candy race, of course.

See my comment to Nol about my face color... ;)

That finish line picture makes me so so so happy :D

Well done! That sounds like an epic time for you first ever 5k! 

Hahaha I am glad my derpface brings joy!

Thank you!  Now, away from Ranger-like tendencies and on to epic Assassining!

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Awesome job!!  As a reformed runner (it bores me, and I used to think that's how you lost weight...) I can tell you that the 5k is about as long as I will do now.  Of course, it has to be fun, like the Rock N Roll 5k or the Color Run...something I'm doing with my friends.

Way to kick off the challenge!!

Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew!

Yeah, I've always done the run/walk thing, just because shorter/faster sprints are going to serve me better in parkour etc. than a slower, steady pace.  It's probably not the best way to run a race, but I basically did what I was familiar with.....

I definitely should have had more water beforehand, my one big cup of tea was so not sufficient hydration.

The runners I know are all way faster than me... I wouldn't ask them to pace me, ha!  Thus, music.

Sounds like you need to hit the track for speed work then

I increase my water intake to between 18 to 24 cups 3-5 days before a race 

I doubt anyone worth asking would say no to helping you out.  If they do ... unleash your assassin skills upon them!  :ph34r:

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36
Current Challenge : #37 Strickland5 Keep Working At It

Scout of the Week - Week 6 of Challenge #42
Social Links | instagram | twitter | Athlinks |

Definitely following along! I'm back after taking last challenge off. It feels good to be officially an assassin and tackling a new set of goals. I can't wait to see what you do this time!

Edited to add: congrats to you and your dad on the 5K! And that picture is how I probably look every single time I run. I love it  :)

• Like 1

Level 2 Dwarf Assassin | STR 3 DEX 2 STA 2 CON 2 WIS 3 CHA 2

Current Challenge: Climb More, Eat Better, Make Music

My Battle Log: Lift Climb Run Farm

I was going to write the same thing Strickland5 did. :P I've actually seen many people do the run/walk thing in the races I've run, so you're definitely not alone on that. To me it feels silly as I think of a race partly as proving I can run for that long without stopping, and walking feels like stopping or giving up to me. In parkour run/walk is probably way better, but personally I prefer keeping a steady pace. Hence my great love for my heart rate monitor! :D

• Like 1

Level 4 Half-Elf Assassin

(that dabbles with the scouts)

Tumblr | Blog | Epic quest

"There is no such thing as perfection. The world itself is imperfect; that's what makes it so beautiful."

I was going to write the same thing Strickland5 did. :tongue: I've actually seen many people do the run/walk thing in the races I've run, so you're definitely not alone on that. To me it feels silly as I think of a race partly as proving I can run for that long without stopping, and walking feels like stopping or giving up to me. In parkour run/walk is probably way better, but personally I prefer keeping a steady pace. Hence my great love for my heart rate monitor! :D

Echoing this. A lot of people do the run/walk thing, and many of these people -- in the races I've been in anyway -- are often some of the more athletic people in the race! But hey, I'll admit to walking during yesterday's 5K at the water station and during the half marathon three weeks ago at all the water stations, and these are the runs I got my PR at, so there is wisdom in it! :) I would have preferred to run the 5K all the way through but ahahaha, hydration was suddenly more important to me. ;;;;;;;

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

Awesome job!!  As a reformed runner (it bores me, and I used to think that's how you lost weight...) I can tell you that the 5k is about as long as I will do now.  Of course, it has to be fun, like the Rock N Roll 5k or the Color Run...something I'm doing with my friends.

Way to kick off the challenge!!

Kind of my issue too - the boredom!  I may do a fun run again if someone wants to pace me, otherwise, maybe not......

Sounds like you need to hit the track for speed work then

I increase my water intake to between 18 to 24 cups 3-5 days before a race 

I doubt anyone worth asking would say no to helping you out.  If they do ... unleash your assassin skills upon them!  :ph34r:

Yeah, possibly!  SInce I'm training for slightly different types of goals than most people who run, I think I'm okay with my run-walk adventures for now...

Subbed.

Woot!

Shall I explain... xD

giphy.gif

Hahaha well I am stuffing my face with ribeye and quinoa with carrots, spinach and currants right now, does that make it better?

Definitely following along! I'm back after taking last challenge off. It feels good to be officially an assassin and tackling a new set of goals. I can't wait to see what you do this time!

Edited to add: congrats to you and your dad on the 5K! And that picture is how I probably look every single time I run. I love it   :)

Aw, ty!  So excited to see you back!!!!!

I'm late, I'm sorry. I'm so proud of you for finishing your 5k! You look amazing in your blue tights, where can I get me pair? :tongue:

An Assassin, like a wizard, is never late......

Ahahaha they're from TJ Maxx.  line almost everything in my workout wardrobe.

I was going to write the same thing Strickland5 did. :tongue: I've actually seen many people do the run/walk thing in the races I've run, so you're definitely not alone on that. To me it feels silly as I think of a race partly as proving I can run for that long without stopping, and walking feels like stopping or giving up to me. In parkour run/walk is probably way better, but personally I prefer keeping a steady pace. Hence my great love for my heart rate monitor! :D

Yeah, I'm looking more for short bursts of explosive movement, so, different training goals, different approach.... etc.  Maybe someday I'll try to slow myself down and just run an entire distance... someday!

Echoing this. A lot of people do the run/walk thing, and many of these people -- in the races I've been in anyway -- are often some of the more athletic people in the race! But hey, I'll admit to walking during yesterday's 5K at the water station and during the half marathon three weeks ago at all the water stations, and these are the runs I got my PR at, so there is wisdom in it! :) I would have preferred to run the 5K all the way through but ahahaha, hydration was suddenly more important to me. ;;;;;;;

Hydration is The Most Important tbh.

:love_heart:

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Definitely no disrespect to the walk/run method ... umm er 

tumblr_lyvre3suWR1rn95k2o1_400.gif

• Like 2

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22

Hahaha thanks, I'm glad everyone seems to love my exhausted face so much!

.... mostly I love your exhausted "WTF" face compared side by side with the ladies giving each other high fives right next to you! ha!

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

kcs7OTq.gif

Day 1

Shiny new challenge!  Yay!  And because I'm not right in the head determined, it's not a rest day, either!  Stronglifts today, and finally, I conquered the 75lb barbell row and have officially leveled up to 80lbs for Friday!  Additional achievements: leveled up 75lb squat (in spite of post-race jelly legs) and am slowwwwwly working my way back to my old bench weight with better form.  Completed all sets/reps at 60lbs today, ensured that the bar touched my chest each time so no one could possibly say I wasn't going deep enough.  So!  Friday bench is 65 and barbell row is 80 (I want my mommy), and squat goes up to 80 Wednesday.... plus it will be deadlift day, which is my favorite lifting day.

Oh, wait, I was supposed to talk about my challenge quests?  Ha!  I'm easily distractable.

• Fitness Quests:
    • 5 minutes of handstand practice after rowing, before lifting.  I timed it to ensure I didn't cut it short.  Pretty high wall planks, a few kick-ups (no balance yet), a couple cartwheels to work on getting my head back into the feeling of being upside down.
    • 5 minutes of deep stretching after lifting.  Also timed.  Back to frog!  Also the "pancake" stretch, and the one where you lie on your back and let gravity help, and of course an actual straddle.  My inner thighs are sore, so I did it right!
  • Life Quest:
    • DISASTER.  I'm behind after this weekend.  I am writing tonight, hopefully uninterrupted, for a few hours..... just hoping to catch up.  I think  am finally getting an inkling of my next plot point, so that's promising at least.
  • Assassins Mini #1:
    • 80 high knees done
  • Cutlass Mini #1:
    • Posted, but have yet to participate.  AT LEAST I GOT THE STORY WRITTEN.
  • Today's Victories:
    • I wore heeled boots!  And I am surviving!  With only minimal discomfort!!!  I am so excited; this is one of the final bastions for my ankle healing.
    • Conquered that 75lb barbell row, hells yeah!
    • Finally killed off one dead weight character in this game I'm currently struggling to finish out.  Will be writing characters out left right and center over the next few months to reduce load (my plan is to go down to 2 from my max of 5, now 4 as one is resting in pieces).  This may seem silly, but I'm proud of myself for getting this done and decreasing my commitment to that game, which has not been the best thing for my mental health recently.
  • Like 6

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

And how did the race go??? Was it fun fun fun?

I did a race report yesterday, so just scroll up! ;)

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

I just saw that.  Somehow I was on p 3 and thought I was at the end.  Scrolled up and found it.  Very cool report.

YAY for personal record, YAY for having fun, BOO for not having anyone to run with.  37:37 is a great number and a respectable time to boot.  

That picture is HILARIOUS.  You look like you finished a death march, not a candy run :)  And the blue tights are in fact totally awesome.  As a runner and a dancer I wish there were more options for tights, running or otherwise, for men.  Black and black and also black and maybe some dark blue and then some more black.  

• Like 2

Level 21 Wild Elf Ranger/Assassin

Spoiler

I'm not really sure these stats are relevant anymore...

STR: 31 DEX: 26 STA: 30  CON: 24  WIS: 30 CHA: 26

Current Challenge

You look like you finished a death march, not a candy run :)

CANDY DEATH MARCH!!!  Muahaha!

I went and Googled this to see if I could find any goofy LOL pictures but all I got were photos of John Candy in various roles and now I am the sad. :(

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

I just saw that.  Somehow I was on p 3 and thought I was at the end.  Scrolled up and found it.  Very cool report.

YAY for personal record, YAY for having fun, BOO for not having anyone to run with.  37:37 is a great number and a respectable time to boot.  

That picture is HILARIOUS.  You look like you finished a death march, not a candy run :)  And the blue tights are in fact totally awesome.  As a runner and a dancer I wish there were more options for tights, running or otherwise, for men.  Black and black and also black and maybe some dark blue and then some more black.  

LOL I told you!  I hate running!  That picture shows all my feelings about running in one image............... ha!

They're more leggings, really, than tights, but yes, I love me some bright colors!  Being a guy shopping for colorful workout gear probably sucks... though conversely, sometimes being a girl sucks because everything is pink and purple.  Not that I don't like pink and purple, but sometimes, a girl wants variety!  Fortunately, I've found places where I can shop and have this not be an issue......

CANDY DEATH MARCH!!!  Muahaha!

I went and Googled this to see if I could find any goofy LOL pictures but all I got were photos of John Candy in various roles and now I am the sad. :(

Wow, that got somber really fast.

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

• Like 2

Half-Ork Scout Leader

Subbed! You inspire me not to let today get away from me , off to do some exercises!

- Sent from my magic Navi-powered device!

Go forth, be awesome!

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Subbed! Yay for aerial goodness and flexibility and handstands and yay!

• Like 1

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

• Assassins Mini #1:
    • 80 high knees done
  • Cutlass Mini #1:
    • Posted, but have yet to participate.  AT LEAST I GOT THE STORY WRITTEN

200.gif

YAY day!! The intro for Cutlasses was ahhh-mazing and full of much yay!

Now I must go be an assassin and kill dat mini!

• Like 2

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

20141109_104712_zpsefda3b5f.jpg

I look like I want to collapse.  Maaya is a very classy Amazon.

I love it! Awesome job with the 5k!  I hate running, but I love all of the weird themed 5ks that keep popping up.  Vampires? Yes Please!  I ran one last weekend and was pacing myself with a woman who ended up being the 60-69 y.o. first place finisher haha,,, we got to the last 200m or so and she went full speed while I dry heaved my way to the finish about 30s behind her. My next goal is to finish at about the same time you did (about a minute faster than where I'm at now) so if you decide to keep racing, let me know how it goes.  Also I'm back for real this challenge,  It turns out back to back six week challenges are too taxing for me so I'm going to alternate between 6 week Challenges and 6 week maintenance periods.  Last, but not least I'm also working on the handstand challenge so I'm excited to see how yours goes as well!

• Like 1

AMP

Halfling Rebel Level 2

|| Chaos Index||

|| STR 3 || DEX 1 || STA 2 || CON 5.45 || WIS 1 || CHA 1.9 ||

|| Prologue||

Chapters:

||One: Shaking Off the Rust||

||Two: Setting the Foundation||

||Three: Jumping for the Rafters||