• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tzippi Longstockings

Tzippi | Adapting to Arborea - A Ranger enters the forest

I listened to THIS NPR article yesterday: "Japan's Butter Shortage Whips Its Cake Makers Into A Frenzy". 

Have you experienced the local sponge cake? 

Have you had your own problems with expensive butter?

Asking the hard hitting questions!

Enquiring minds want to know!!

• Like 1

You've got one of the most entertaining threads around...and I'm just now getting caught up again. >.> 

I'm still laughing about not wanting to go through that portal in the Hedge there. I'm a big C:tL fan too, and that was my first thought when I saw that. I may use it in a game, actually.

Awesome.

Keep on being a miserable badass! Woo!

• Like 2

Oh jeez, that is a mega difference! Sorry to hear that, time off is so crucial to reground yourself, especially when you're in a foreign country!

Weekly Wrap-Ups and Grading

Week 6:

Running - 2 short, 1 long. Did my short on the 17th, and learned about warming up more in winter, and my long on Saturday the 20th (felt totally badass and wonderful). B-

Bodyweight or similarShieldmaiden Neila Reay on the 16th, plus hooping. I'm going to half-count the childrens' party on Sunday, because it was a workout. B-

Tracking all foods - not perfect, but got the vast majority, even when eating out. A

Why am i even still keeping track of Cleaning? I should have altered this in week 3.But I did laundry again, despite husband, and am actually excited to clean this week, so instead of an F, I'll call it a C-

Entered my last Weekly Wrap-up, and man, did this challenge just fizzle! I'm trying to stay positive, by remembering that I'm still learning about fitness and exercise, and how to adapt to the weather. And to compare myself now with myself in early September, before the last 6-week challenge. I know I'm doing well, but seeing those Cs and Fs is discouraging.

Final Grades Here.

Climbing – STR +3

Weekly BW - C, A, B-, B, C-, B-

FINAL GRADE = 80.83 = B-  = Strength +2.5

Woodland Stride – DEX +2, STA +3

Weekly Running - A, A, A, A, C, B-

FINAL GRADE = 92.5 = A- = DEX +1.75, STA +2.75

Bounty of the Forest – CON +2, WIS +1

Weekly Food tracking - A, B+, F, B, B-, A

FINAL GRADE = 75.33 = C = CON +1.50, WIS +0.75

Home – WIS +2, CHA +2 

Weekly Cleaning - B+, F, C, F, C-, C-

FINAL GRADE = 50.33 = F = WIS +1, CHA +1

I'm also bummed I have done so little with my AB groups - sorry for the general "here now! energyenergyenergy/ugh I hate everything-ness" of this time around. I'm going to spend some time in my Battle Log rethinking my goals. I know I want to keep up with strength and running, but I think I need a stricter hand on what I'm eating, because I am almost never getting even close to enough protein. I also need to decide if I should microgamify cleaning, to get specific points for specific things, or throw that one to the wind in future.

Thanks everyone, for all your encouragement and help this time around! I will be continuing with the Rangers next challenge, though my preferred habitat may change. . .

• Like 6

I know it's hard to look at (I've got a few F's under my belt this time as well), but we've come so far to where we were before we started our first challenge. Before we even thought about joining NF. Besides, you took on some tough challenges for sure. That's not easy, we'll always have to keep at it.

I'm sorry I haven't been around to cheerleader this time. Just know I've been thinking about you and all of my other NF friends! 

Anyway, YOU DID GOOD, KID. You did good. =]

• Like 1

I loved reading about all your running and cultural adventures! Sorry all your goals didn't work out the way you hoped, but now you have some time to think about why that is. Maybe they aren't really very important to you, or maybe you can approach the same big goals in ways that are more productive. There are lots of different ways to approach diet and cleaning goals. If you have other ideas, trying them out during the "inter-period" sometimes works well. And if you want to brainstorm on ideas, post some!

The protein problem sounds solvable for sure.

Sorry to hear about your lost vacations days. That stinks!!

• Like 1

I feel like we are our own worst critics at times. You not only moved to a new country and have dealt with culture shock, but changed your life for the better by tackling fitness, upgrading your knowledge, and leveling up your life! In 12 weeks!! Thats amazing. Looking forward to seeing you next challenge!

- Sent from my magic Navi-powered device!

• Like 2

Sorry things didn't quite pan out the way you had planned, but it sounds like you learned a lot.  Looking forward to checking out your new challenge and seeing what you got out of your thinks over the break!