• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hazard

GUILD INFORMATION & ANNOUNCEMENTS (Subscribe!)

ASSASSINS' GUILD INFORMATION AND ANNOUNCEMENTS

Please subscribe to this thread by clicking the "Follow This Topic" button in the upper right hand corner of the page.

and, Please include your username in the Title of your challenge thread

THE GUILD

The Assassins love movement and fluidity, thrive off of competition and cooperation, prize efficiency, and most of all are determined to be masters of their bodies. We train anywhere, anytime, with anything, in whatever ways we want. The world is our playground!

COMMON TRAINING STYLES / THEMES

• Calisthenics / Bodyweight (Al Kavadlo, Mike Fitch, BarStarzz)
  • Gymnastics (Gold Medal Bodies, Overcoming Gravity, Building the Gymnastic Body)
  • Hand-balancing
  • Movement / Flexibility / Mobility (Ido Portal, Animal Flow, Prasara, Mobility WOD)
  • Rock Climbing / Bouldering
  • "Odd" Object Lifting / Swinging (Kettlebells / Clubbells / Shovelglove / Sandbags / Challenge Ropes)
  • Wearing Black
  • Circus Arts (Pole, Trapeze, Contortion, Silks, Rope)
  • Parkour
  • Dance
  • Obstacle Courses (Ninja Warrior)

COMMON CHALLENGE GOALS:

• Body Recomposition (lose weight, gain weight)
  • Increase Reps (pull-ups, push-ups, pistol squats)
  • Increase Hold Times (handstand, frog/crow stand, levers)
  • Progress Exercises (incline pushups, to floor pushups, to decline pushups, to headstand pushups)
  • Wear More Black
  • Workout / Train / Climb X Times per Week
  • Increase Flexibility / Mobility

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

• How do I join the Assassins' Guild?
    When you signup for a six-week challenge, declare yourself an Assassin and then post your thread in our guild. That's it!
  • Do I have to be lean/in shape to be an Assassin?
    No. While extra bodyweight does make performing many skills more difficult, Assassins come in all shapes and sizes and anyone is welcome to don the black.
  • How advanced in my training do I have to be to join?
    Assassin skill levels range from complete beginners to advanced trainees in a huge variety of interests.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to private message (PM) your Guild Leaders!

Assassin Guild

Challenge Sign-Up Form

To participate in the Assassin Phonebook,

to be eligible for the Most Wanted Assassin lists,

and to make life easier on your Guild Leaders,

fill out this form:

(Challenge Over, Link removed)

WANT-YOU-AD.jpg

If you're looking for a way to help the guild, here's your chance!

Join the Journalist or Ambassador team!

What does a Journalist do?

It's really simple!   We have a spreadsheet listing every Assassin who completes our guild Sign-Up form.  Your mission, if you choose to accept it, would be to pick out some fellow Assassins to spy on  (err... I mean...  follow, encourage, & support).  And if/when they have a great achievement, you report it!  Your reports then play into the choosing of the Assassins that get recognition on the Most Wanted list!  :)

If you wish to help out, just check the box on the sign-up form that tells us you want to be an Assassin Journalist, and I'll get in touch with you pretty soon afterward.  Or, if you've already signed up and didn't check the box, but decide you'd like to be a part of the team now, just drop me a Private Message (PM) telling me so!

What does an Ambassador do?

Ambassadors are extremely important to the guild, because they care for and support our future Assassins among the Level 1s!  The Ambassadors check on threads of those that would fit into our guild, give advice, cheer on, and be a presence to help them pull through the first challenge!  You'll give out handy Assassin thread links to them, answer their questions, and help them in any way you can think of so that their first challenge experience here on NF is an amazing one.

Once again, if you wish to help out, just check the box on the sign-up form that tells us you want to be an Assassin Ambassador, and I'll get in touch with you pretty soon afterward.  Or, if you've already signed up and didn't check the box, but decide you'd like to be a part of the team now, just drop me a Private Message (PM) telling me so!

• Like 1

NEW MINI-CHALLENGE ALERT

Mini-Challenge #1: The Ganking of the Notre Dame Gargoyles

Carmen Assasiniego and her criminal friends are stealing famous landmarks and artifacts, and hiding them in the safest place they can think of, the Assassin Guild. It's our job to catch up to the criminals and bring them to justice.

This week Vic the Slick has stolen the Notre Dame gargoyles and plans to dress them up and sell them.

We need you Assassins to put on your sleuth shoes and go catch that crook!

• Like 2

A thread has been posted for Assassins to give your report on how your challenge went for Week 1.  Like will all things, participation is voluntary - but your poor overworked Journalists will appreciate it if you do.  :)

• Like 3

OH WHY HELLO DAR,

CHECK OUT NEW MOST WANTED ASSASSINS

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56938-most-wanted-assassins-list/

We are celebrating accomplishments made by Assassins over the last... who knows. Remember time is a construct. Don't let numbers and dates stop you from living life. Just live in the moment and give snaps to some great fellow Assassins.

• Like 5

Mini-Challenge Cheat Sheet

It was asked that I do a wrap up of the stat points that could have been accumulated with your participation in each of the mini-challenges. So here we go...

Mini-Challenge #1: The Ganking of the Notre Dame Gargoyles > +1 STA

Mini-Challenge #2: It Takes Tutankhamun > +1 CON

Mini-Challenge #3: Push Back Plymouth > +1 STR

Mini-Challenge #4: The Liberty Split > +1 DEX

Mini-Challenge #5: Be Kind > +1 WIS

Mini-Challenge #6: A Kick in the Butt > +1 CHA

• Like 4